Weird online experiences

2»

Comments

• gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had quite a few! The weirdest experience was back in 2003 when I was playing a game on ICQ (anyone remember that? :p) this other guy seemed to know what town I lived in :eek:

It's obvious now that he geo matched my IP correctly, but at the time it was pretty creepy!
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    Some weirdo here on DS who stalked my wife on FaceBook just to send her a message telling her my posting habits on DS were inappropriate and that she was gorgeous! How we laughed at that fool!

I had a weirdo from here stalk me around other message boards.It lasted for a few months.I asked for an ID change on here because of it but they couldn't even be bothered to reply.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    I had a weirdo from here stalk me around other message boards.It lasted for a few months.I asked for an ID change on here because of it but they couldn't even be bothered to reply.

Sorry about that :o
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »

Which is the reason I always use a different moniker on each forum that I'm a member of. :)
  • shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How this is weird and true in a very "What a small world we live in" way.
    I am currently doing a computer course at a local college whilst unemployed.
    After lunch today we entered the P.C room and one of those in charge was looking at this very forum.( I never let on that I had started it.)
    They read my first post and he said to hIs co worker,
    "I think I know the person the post is about"
    He went on to name the person.... who is the same namein the forums I found and mentioned several of his bogus names.
    He is, appartently, still trolling forums and was banned from the Martin Lewis money one the other month, as one name is banned he picks another name for another forum.
    For all I know, he could be on here..:eek:
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Sorry about that :o

Lol :D
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once agreed with The Snakes twice in one day....that was weird.
  • dooglemiredooglemire Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    godlike productions is weird
  • Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    When I was 15 I used to go on Yahoo chatrooms, and this one bloke requested I viewed his webcam, so I did. It was just his penis. I was new to the internet at the time and was shocked.

A few years ago this girl (I think she was early teens - I was in my late teens) asked me how to draw something on Photoshop (or something like that). And then she started saying:

:D That's some crazy shit.
  • slipstream42slipstream42 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend got stalked by some hoover crazed woman on youtube she hassled him for 2 months under different names and the videos she did were creepy :/ it just involved her hoovering stairs and her or the hoover screaming it was dead weird and freaked me out too! I think the vids are still on there but I would never search for them cos they still scare me now haha god knows how my mate dealt with it.

As for me I had someone add me on facebook last year who posed as a modelling scout he said I looked good and wanted to take pictures of me for a catalogue. It turned out he was a 65 year old pedo I shopped him too it was horrible and still makes my skin crawl now
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    virtually all online experiences are weird
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a photo of myself from childhood online, part of a High School Year Book from a school which hosted a cub scout group in Jamaica. I was looking for info about the school so it wasn't strange in that way, but to suddenly see a picture of my 7 year-old self was a bit weird.

Another weird-but-maybe-not-really experience in the same google search was to see that the street we lived in didn't have the name I thought it had. Instead it has the same name as the street I live in now, and it also has the same shape, a crescent running south-east to north-west.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Someone I used to be friends with is a total weirdo online. One one forum she's posing as a lesbian, and a victim of domestic violence and rape which left her pregnant with her son (although when it suits she claims the pregnancy was as a result of her and a male friend coming to an agreement he'd be her donor.) In reality it's all lies, she's not a lesbian and her son was the result of a relationship she was in which failed because of her behaviour towards him. By the end of the relationship HE was the one who'd had a mental breakdown and had to spend him in hospital because of her.... yet she likes to try and say it was the other way around. :rolleyes:

On Twitter she's given herself a completely different name and has created this whole new persona where she's a disabled single mother, political activist, environmental activist, leader for the local activity group, community events organiser, professional psychologist and counsellor and the most popular person in town. The reality is she's a single mother on benefits who has never worked, apart from a few months before she got pregnant. She likes to think she's the great authority on everything when in actual fact she's talking out of her gas hole most of the time. She's far from popular, in fact at uni most people didn't like her at all because of her attitude and how she seemed to think she was better than everyone else. She left uni with no friends but me, and now we are no longer on speaking terms she's absolutely no friends from those 3 years. She isn't disabled either.

She doesn't know I found some of her posts online (where I also discovered she was passing off some of my photo's as her own work :mad: ) but omg it's so maddening to see some of the crap she's come out with knowing full well it is all lies.

Actually forget what I said about her being a weirdo online, she's a weirdo full stop :D

I don't get people like that at all. I mean why make yourself out to be something you aren't to people on the internet who don't give a toss anyway. Of course it's funny when you see the little slip ups they make :D
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the ones who pretend to be terminally ill. The ones who are friends with all the celebz are pretty fun too.
  • shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It turned out that someone had traced the IP address of this person and he was posting using at least 12 different identities, claiming to be male AND female.

After lunch today we entered the P.C room and one of those in charge was looking at this very forum.( I never let on that I had started it.)
    They read my first post and he said to hIs co worker,
    "I think I know the person the post is about"
    He went on to name the person.... who is the same name in the forums I found and mentioned several of his bogus names.

After doing a bit of research I ralise how lucky my nephew and his friends were not to get involved with this person. Some of the` Identities` he was using were `falling out` with each other.
    The person obviously has bad mental issues.
    And I though stuff like this was made up.:eek: