No Flying Routine This Year In Final

Comments

• IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Maybe its Phillip Schofield. He has stated before that Laura is extremely competitive. ;)
    Maybe its just The Sun making stuff up. They do like Johnson and Chloe a lot and featured an article a few weeks ago from insiders stating that Laura was acting as if she had won already and didnt mix much with the others.
    Clearly see her as a threat to their favourites if they resort to lies to dent her image.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Clearly see her as a threat to their favourites if they resort to lies to dent her image.

The issue about Schofield - shouldn't he have been a little more guarded in his comments. The words competitive if used to describe a female who is also young tend not to go down well with the public
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    The issue about Schofield - shouldn't he have been a little more guarded in his comments. The words competitive if used to describe a female who is also young tend not to go down well with the public
    I've always though Schofield should put his brain into gear before opening his mouth - but I've given up hoping for the impossible.
  • ojtocsojtocs Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there supposed to be a bit of rivalry between Laura and Chloe and didn't Laura allegedly say that Chloe flirts with Colin (IIRC). Is it a bit of tit for tat

Or could it have been someone withing Chloe's immediate circle. From all accounts she seems to get on well with Sam and Jeff. Johnson is not the type to stick the knife in

Nor is Chloe. Nor is Sam. Nor is Jeff. I'm not a fan of all of them (only Chloe) but I will defend them all. None of them would stoop so low.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    ojtocs wrote: »
    Nor is Chloe. Nor is Sam. Nor is Jeff. I'm not a fan of all of them (only Chloe) but I will defend them all. None of them would stoop so low.

Yeah - that seems to be likely - which makes me think in retospect that it maybe a member of their inner circles
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Given the circulation of the Sun it will not do Laura any favours. I think she could be skating off with Jeff withis weekend

I think so too, and I'd actually quite like that... as it would surely mean Bye-Bye Brazier! :D
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    JonasBerg wrote: »
    Hmm...so you don't think Matt would do it or is capable of it, I think you are underestimating him.

Maybe you're overestimating him? You've not given any reason for anyone to believe that Matt is guilty here. Like others here, I'll believe in 'innocent until proven guility' until I get some evidence thanks! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm...so you don't think Matt would do it or is capable of it, I think you are underestimating him.
    No, Matt is a professional and a genuinely nice guy. The only person ive heard this "story" from is you, stupid stuff.

I think Laura is in danger regardless of what stories get put out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »

I don't think they have any loyalty I think they just make stuff up. They give of stories of sensationalised clashes, bitching and rows must years. They print negative articles about all the contestants, they do it every year, nobody ever escapes at least one bad article where the Sun has a go at them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laur_od wrote: »
    I don't think they have any loyalty I think they just make stuff up. They give of stories of sensationalised clashes, bitching and rows must years. They print negative articles about all the contestants, they do it every year, nobody ever escapes at least one bad article where the Sun has a go at them.

yup most of the stuff in the tabloids concerning reality shows should be taken with a pinch of salt .. they do it with all reality shows .. make up "gossip" to fill column inches and whllst there may be a grain of truth in some stories they either totally exagerrated or made up completely

I don't buy the conspiracy theories that it's fellow skaters, their relatives or Matt Evers stirring up trouble for their competition
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or could it have been someone withing Chloe's immediate circle. From all accounts she seems to get on well with Sam and Jeff. Johnson is not the type to stick the knife in

You do realise Johnson is a trained killer? And given he's seen active combat has has probably literally had to stick the knife in.

I'm not having a go at him, I think he's great but people seem to think he's a lifesize teddy bear, or a child who needs protecting.

Btw, I don't think he would leak a story though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He may see it as a positive, I do, I love competitive women.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    You do realise Johnson is a trained killer? And given he's seen active combat has has probably literally had to stick the knife in.

I'm not having a go at him, I think he's great but people seem to think he's a lifesize teddy bear, or a child who needs protecting.

I wouldn't say that the average combative soldier gets into regular close-range knife battles. Johnson's bravery was awarded for sticking his head out of the AV, twice, that was hit by grenades, driving it to safety, getting hit in the head by shrapnel and long-range fire, and dragging his comrades out of the vehicle. None of that involved a knife.

I don't think he's a teddy bear or a child who needs protecting, but there's no need to discuss him stabbing people when you have no idea what he actually did - or am I mistaken and he has described every blow?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that the average combative soldier gets into regular close-range knife battles. Johnson's bravery was awarded for sticking his head out of the AV, twice, that was hit by grenades, driving it to safety, getting hit in the head by shrapnel and long-range fire, and dragging his comrades out of the vehicle. None of that involved a knife.

I don't think he's a teddy bear or a child who needs protecting, but there's no need to discuss him stabbing people when you have no idea what he actually did - or am I mistaken and he has described every blow?

I didn't mean sticking the knife in literally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    According to The Sun producers have axed the flying routine from the Final and instead they will have to choreograph their own routine.
    Laura has already tried to block book tickets for the Final but was told to wait and see if she makes it first. Seems she is confident that she will do so.

I used to like the flying routines from a viewing point but always thought they were difficult to judge as some skaters had more of an advantage than others depending on height/weight .. and flying tends to favour the girls as there's more scope for choreography for them to be flung and spun around so it's probably fair that they don't do it

Would still like to see the pro's doing it though for a show routine in the final
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Maybe you're overestimating him? You've not given any reason for anyone to believe that Matt is guilty here. Like others here, I'll believe in 'innocent until proven guility' until I get some evidence thanks! :)

Agree. Shocked that he is being accused of this without any evidence. If people are going to defend Laura then the same should be done for Matt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I used to like the flying routines from a viewing point but always thought they were difficult to judge as some skaters had more of an advantage than others depending on height/weight .. and flying tends to favour the girls as there's more scope for choreography for them to be flung and spun around so it's probably fair that they don't do it

Would still like to see the pro's doing it though for a show routine in the final
    I loved the spectacle of the flying routine - but it definitely gave an advantage to some.

Ray was the only male who gave an elegant performance and the best of the girls Bonnie, Claire, Suzanne and Hayley were all little over 5ft. I can't imagine the wires working in the favour of the taller girls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not online at the moment, its only in the physical paper. Its hardly a suprise coming from the Sun which is a pro Johnson and perhaps pro Chloe paper. But this story has Mr Evers written all over it. If you are reading Matt Hi!

I would be careful what you say if I were you! It's rather unfair to make assumptions on someone's actions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better2009 wrote: »

Laura tweeted this morning: What Stories will The Sun make up next - seriously!!!!!

Guess that means this isn't true. :rolleyes: Apart from that ALL contestants will be back for the final show.

So there could still be flying? I hope so, because I love it! It did occur to me though that Johnson may not be able to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt very much that the flying routine has been dropped myself. Will only believe it when it comes from an official source.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the flying is ditched myself - I think it's pointless. The show is called Dancing On Ice not flying in the air. Also I do agree that it's unfair on the men. Ray is the only one who has been good due to his slighter build & years of dance training. If they keep it I can predict Sam will be hopeless at it so it's unfair - and I am not a fan of Sam.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the flying is quite spectacular when the women fly but it always seems a bit forced when the men do it.
  • Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I hope the flying has been dropped-I agree with those who have said it really has nothing to do with someone's skating ability and the men tend to look awkward. It always looks like something from a panto.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the flying and prop weeks myself.

As for the article in the Sun - well it's the Sun afterall - that well known rag that isn't worthy of being chip paper. Probably all utter crap.

Quite surprised some posters are happy to blame some people by name though. I'd be really surprised if anyone talks to that crappy red top.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    jill1812 wrote: »

You make him sound like a hitman :eek: