Options

Tijana - To The Sky

thaliafanthaliafan Posts: 704
Forum Member
✭✭
I've finally got my Eurovision 2014 CD!

And I have an interesting thought - I am really impressed with FYR Macedonia's song To the Sky by Tijana. I've looked at the odds, and she is 949-1 (!!)

Can anyone explain why this is? I think that if Katy Perry sang this, it would be a worldwide hit! :)

Thaliafan

Comments

• Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it too, but a lot of songs are like that. They could be a hit song, but because the artist isn't famous enough, they don't.

Don't worry too much about odds!

I mean who knew Crisalide would fail to qualify and that Lonely Planet would make it?

PS: Anything Katy Perry releases would be a worldwide hit, no matter how bad it is (I personally hate Dark Horse)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thaliafan wrote: »
    I've finally got my Eurovision 2014 CD!

And I have an interesting thought - I am really impressed with FYR Macedonia's song To the Sky by Tijana. I've looked at the odds, and she is 949-1 (!!)

Can anyone explain why this is? I think that if Katy Perry sang this, it would be a worldwide hit! :)

Thaliafan

Wow!! Guess I've been using the wrong betting site to put my bets on. There's lots of songs on that particular bookie with terrible odds!

I'm not sure why FYR Macedonia is so poor with the bookies. I quite like it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    read below (oops!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guys - I think we should all put £10 on this, even eachway odds. We will be very rich!

I'm glad there is a good reaction here, I can't stand the boring songs from Sweden nor Armenia. Don't know why they are favourites?!
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like it. I think the bookies may be nervous that when her song was presented, it was the most awful lip-syncing effort. We can't say that her performance in Copenhagen will be any good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    I do like it. I think the bookies may be nervous that when her song was presented, it was the most awful lip-syncing effort. We can't say that her performance in Copenhagen will be any good.

There's also Moldova, Belarus, Iceland, San Marino, Portugal and Georgia with similar odds, though... Although, Georgia, I can understand. I f***ing hate that song! It's my number 37. :D
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's partly because Macedonia's track record at Eurovision is pretty dire. Never cracked the top 10 and only qualified once in the past 6 years. Plus, almost all of their points come from their neighbours- most of whom aren't participating any more.
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE To The Sky. Tijana is a great woman too, which makes it all the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    It's partly because Macedonia's track record at Eurovision is pretty dire. Never cracked the top 10 and only qualified once in the past 6 years. Plus, almost all of their points come from their neighbours- most of whom aren't participating any more.

Wouldn't that be the same case for Malta, who always seem to do very well (before Italy joined)?

And Kaliopi was just awesome. And I liked last year's song (apart from the big gypsy woman!). I think I should just move to Skopje.
  • Options
    JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the girl but to me this is just a very average pop song. Not much to dislike and nothing much to criticise. On first listening, I remembered nothing about it.
  • Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the girl but to me this is just a very average pop song. Not much to dislike and nothing much to criticise. On first listening, I remembered nothing about it.

I agree. There are many uptempo songs with female singers in semi 2 and I think Macedonia's stands out the least of all of them. That's why I think it won't qualify. It's not bad but I don't see it getting enough points to make it out of the semi.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it but it also screams "non-qualifier" to me....I'd be shocked if she made the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I love it but it also screams "non-qualifier" to me....I'd be shocked if she made the final.

Well come on UK. Let's vote for her!!!! I've just watched her interviews; thoroughly up her own bottom but what a diva and genuinely funny
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    The intro bothers me. What's with the weird guttural noises? "ooh-ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh GUH GUHooh, oooooh".
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The intro bothers me. What's with the weird guttural noises? "ooh-ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh GUH GUHooh, oooooh".

It's like a pigeon's mating call...:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    It's like a pigeon's mating call...:blush:

It's Wrecking ball by Miley cyrus!