Geri Halliwell

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Add me to that list.

And whilst you're at it, if you're going to be so intent on discussing somebody's career, do us a favour and get your facts right. She has indeed sold 12 million records as a solo artist (aswell as approximately 75 million records with the spice girls).

She may well have. She is certainly testament to getting ahead with only a modicum of talent. Her success as a musical 'artist' was a while back. It remains to be seen if she can be that successful again. I doubt it and if you can listen to that terrible honking voice, I take my hat off to you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    But Gary Barlow is a local celebrity... :confused:

He's only well known in the UK.

Geri, Ginger Spice of The Spice Girls, is internationally recognised - from Tokyo to Los Angeles.

Girl Power!

Are you sure Geri still has a big profile internationally? She's certainly made a little go a very long way.

Take That haven't been as successful as Spice Girls but Gary is far more respected as a musician and song-writer and that's what will last out for him. Geri will never get taken seriously and I doubt she will have any huge success again as a music artist.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure Geri still has a big profile internationally? She's certainly made a little go a very long way.

Take That haven't been as successful as Spice Girls but Gary is far more respected as a musician and song-writer and that's what will last out for him. Geri will never get taken seriously and I doubt she will have any huge success again as a music artist.

He wasn't a respected musician and song-writer for a good ten years after Take That split up.. he was a national laughing stock.

During Robbie Williams solo reign in the UK Gary was brutally ridiculed and, worst of all, forgotten.. until he admitted defeat and reunited with his three backing dancers, decided to trade off the nostalgia factor by rinsing frustrated housewives of their child benefits in the vain hope that attending a Take That concert would return them to their early nineties youth.

Funny how things can change.

Geri is still respected in the industry, as you say, she made a little go a very, very long way. BBC One: 12 Queens of British Pop - Geri Halliwell

Gary has always been bitter about the Spice Girls international success, status as pop icons and Geri's superior solo success.Their thunder-stealing performance at the Olympics Closing Ceremony this year further embittered the angry little man.
    Sadly, he now feels that he is in a position (as an X Facotr Judge!!11!) to go onto Jonathan Ross and spew out his venom towards Geri.
    The great thing is, however, Geri never does the same thing. She may be eccentric and irritating but she never bad mouths other people in the industry in interviews. It's not her style.

As for Gary's talent 'lasting out'.. In 30 years time when people around the globe look back at 1990's pop culture.. I'll bet my bottom dollar it will still be the sassy little redhead in her Union Flag Dress that is the enduring iconic pop moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Children In Need.

Geri's unforgettable appearance on the West End stage to perform a song from Singin' in the Rain will happen on ONE NIGHT ONLY - Thursday 25 October 2012.

Tickets are available exclusively at www.lastminute.com/pudsey and cost £80.

Each ticket includes:
    -Top Price seat
    -Signed programme
    -Pudsey merchandise
    -Complimentary drink
    -Access to a VIP after-show reception hosted by Pudsey, with the chance of an appearance from the star(s) of the show.

Buying a ticket is a fun way to support the charity as at least £40 from each ticket will go to the children and young people supported by BBC Children in Need.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to experience all the fun of a West End Show with the addition of a one-off performance from Geri Halliwell.
    There will be no room for error as Geri follows the world-class cast of this legendary production. Can she handle the pressure of a packed theatre? Book your ticket now and find out for yourself!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't a respected musician and song-writer for a good ten years after Take That split up.. he was a national laughing stock.

During Robbie Williams solo reign in the UK Gary was brutally ridiculed and, worst of all, forgotten.. until he admitted defeat and reunited with his three backing dancers, decided to trade off the nostalgia factor by rinsing frustrated housewives of their child benefits in the vain hope that attending a Take That concert would return them to their early nineties youth.

Funny how things can change.

Geri is still respected in the industry, as you say, she made a little go a very, very long way. BBC One: 12 Queens of British Pop - Geri Halliwell

Gary has always been bitter about the Spice Girls international success, status as pop icons and Geri's superior solo success.Their thunder-stealing performance at the Olympics Closing Ceremony this year further embittered the angry little man.
    Sadly, he now feels that he is in a position (as an X Facotr Judge!!11!) to go onto Jonathan Ross and spew out his venom towards Geri.
    The great thing is, however, Geri never does the same thing. She may be eccentric and irritating but she never bad mouths other people in the industry in interviews. It's not her style.

As for Gary's talent 'lasting out'.. In 30 years time when people around the globe look back at 1990's pop culture.. I'll bet my bottom dollar it will still be the sassy little redhead in her Union Flag Dress that is the enduring iconic pop moment.

I couldnt agree more :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted dont think i can make singing in the rain :(
    Wish Geri best of luck.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently viewed geri's concert at breast cancer care and her voice has improved alot while she was never the best singer she does work hard and put the effort into what she does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    I recently viewed geri's concert at breast cancer care and her voice has improved alot while she was never the best singer she does work hard and put the effort into what she does.

Geri would be so happy with your comment! She's never going to be Celine Dion and she knows that, but compare her latest, 100% live show at BCC, to her solo parts in the SpiceWorld tour back in 1998.. it's a pretty amazing improvement.

If there's one thing about Geri, she isn't afraid of hard work.

She had vocal fold nodules removed in 2003, some fans have moaned about her losing her raspy quality that she had in the Spice Girls and early solo career, and of course that Ginger Spice laugh!
    But the operation improved her range greatly and she no longer loses her voice constantly (which became a bit of a problem during The SpiceWorld tour).

She's also regularly working with David Grant to improve her live vocal technique and the results are already paying off as seen at the BBC show. (who'd have thought - Geri Halliwell mastering vibrato!)

Next up, her night in the West End, performing for one night only in the highly acclaimed musical Singin' In The Rain... watch out guys, it's going to be fabulous. ;)

If you can't make the show on October 25th (not sure if tickets are still available..) the performance will be airing on BBC as part of Children in Need's Pop Goes The Musical!

@GeriHalliwell

www.gerihalliwellofficial.com

Official Facebook (some amazing behind the scenes pictures from over the years including the Olympics Ceremony and other events - many unseen - check it out!)

Haters back off.

No bad comments.

;)
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed compare her voice to the spice album and it's much better during her 1st solo album she mimed every tv apperance hopefully this time round she'll do some live singing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    agreed compare her voice to the spice album and it's much better during her 1st solo album she mimed every tv apperance hopefully this time round she'll do some live singing.

'if' and when this new music sees the light of day, most performances will be live. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri was SENSATIONAL tonight.

Very proud.

Catch Geri's one off West End performance in Singin in The Rain on BBC's Children in Need Friday November 16th!
  • tediouslyrandomtediouslyrandom Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri was SENSATIONAL tonight.

Very proud.

You slept with her or?

More info, darling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You slept with her or?

More info, darling.

Sorry, she performed tonight in the West End as part of Children In Need's Pop Goes The Musical!

Guess which song she performed? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, she performed tonight in the West End as part of Children In Need's Pop Goes The Musical!

Look At Me?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'I'm Just a Gal Who Can't Sing or Act'?

A rework of 'I'm Just a Gal Who Can't Say No' from Oklahoma.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She appeared in Singin' In The Rain......

Reserve judgement on her vocal ability until you have seen it..

Girl done good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Girl done good!

She sang SIngin' In The Rain?

No shi* Sherlock! :D
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Girl done good!

I have. It's rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never said that's what she sang...

That's the musical that she appeared in tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have. It's rubbish.

You went to the show tonight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow! You don't say! :D

Was it that one that Donald O'Connor does in the movie where he walks up the wall?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't she do a cover of Raining Men?

I admit, she likes to be current, my umbrella is hitting it hard and I don't live in Manchester.

Is she still listening to those self-help CDs?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow! You don't say! :D

You're not making an awful lot of sense...