Hawaii 5-0 - US pace

Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good episode last week I thought. I can't be the only one who watches it at US pace. I thought it was a bit predictable that Wo Fat may turn out to be McGarrett's half brother. I thought all last season there was some link. Bit of a predictable programme really.

Hopefully it's better than season 3, because I think that was a bit of a let down. They need to get rid of Doris she is so irritating. :mad:

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd expect that most of us guessed the half-brother thing ages ago... I've been waiting and waiting for the series to tell us what we already figured out.

Definitely agree about Doris. I can't stand her. Awful character, with an awful storyline. I don't think that H50 does storyarcs very well. The whole thing with her and Wo Fat etc. was really bad, and not just because she went from living in hiding in fear of all these people she's crossed over the years to pulling out of WitSec and living openly on Hawaii.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this ep. Cant believe that wo fats storyline is gunna be rolled out again. Love this series though
  • jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todays episode was pretty poor, it seemed more like a filler episode.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    jaimesw wrote: »

Indeed and then the montage at the end it was strange for sure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Indeed and then the montage at the end it was strange for sure

I actually had to check it wasn't the last show of the season and they had been told it wasn't coming back.

Happy to say it wasn't...
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »

It was the 100th episode.

So they used it as a retrospective of the show.
  • welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found it a bit odd myself and a bit ott with the torture / fight scenes even for H50. They even brought spike back but not daryl ;-)

So is Wo Fat dead then? Were they half brothers?

The whole Wo Fat thing went off the boil when they introduced Steve's mum tbh.

Edit : Also odd was the storyline about Dano's brother in the earlier eps. Thought that would have lasted a bit longer and the rather blood thirsty end to that was quite jarring as well. Team America Fek Yeah !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the 100th episode.

So they used it as a retrospective of the show.

ok, that would partly explain it... but it was still very odd to put it in there mid season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about the odd feel to the ep.

I couldn't remember if I'd seen danno and Steve meet before and I just kept feeling that the flash back was a bit odd. I mean danno didn't like being in hawaii if I remember rightly but in the flash back said it was the beaches that lured him here.

I kept thinking it was gunna be an different universe or sumat.

Anyway, I found it all it a bit odd
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually finally decided to drop this this season - haven't watched any of them.

Too many things to watch, and the procedural nature of this meant it was an easy sacrifice.

OK, it does sometimes try its hand at an arc, but they're always poor. WoFat, Steve's Mum, Kono's Search For Her Yakuza Boyfriend...

The Case of the Week stuff is usually OK, but I got fed up with the vast majority of the cases being crimes that HPD should have investigated.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the 100th was the best episode for this series in awhile. It was over the top at times, and excessive e.g Danno shooting the guy in both legs. Retrospectively funny, though.

But for a defining episode, there were no surprises or shocks. Also, I think that confirms Catherine will never reappear on the show again.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I thought the 100th was the best episode for this series in awhile. It was over the top at times, and excessive e.g Danno shooting the guy in both legs. Retrospectively funny, though.

But for a defining episode, there were no surprises or shocks. Also, I think that confirms Catherine will never reappear on the show again.

again that surprised me that Catherine was in the montage as I assumed we were supposed to totally forget about her now the blond lawyer is on the scene

It just felt a bit pointless to bring Wofat back say the stuff about Steves mum when really no-one cares about Doris cos she has been kind of dropped.

I got the idea of the drugs trying to affect Steves memory (so it was kinda alternate reality ep) for Wo fat to find out info and guessing the montage bit was supposed to be Steves real memories coming back but it could have been done a lot better
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally found the 100th ep a total mess.
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    Personally found the 100th ep a total mess.

Indeed from start t finish the only enjoyable bits for me was alternate Danny, but I love Danno
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Indeed from start t finish the only enjoyable bits for me was alternate Danny, but I love Danno

So it was an alternative danno........ I get it now.