Options

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This.

It is the same with the Party Games playlists. I was really looking forward to One In The Chamber but the fact the radar is always on irritates me.

I know it is to reduce camping but it takes away any real tension when I can see somebody coming up towards me.

Same for me! Loved OITC and Gun Game in BLOPS 1 but hate them now with the radar.

And in CTF, I think it encourages camping rather than stop it! Now no one even bothers to take the flag because they know they've no chance of getting it back without being killed since the enemy can see which way they're going and wait for them. Instead of trying to get the flag, everyone just camps somewhere and treats it like a game of team deathmath, completely ignoring the objective.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    It is because COD is still the only game on home consoles where it can also be used socially as well. It is good to play with friends who you might not necessary see in person through the week. It is 80% of the reason why I play COD.

OPS2 is nearly impossible to play well on your own anyway.
    Spawn killing is at an all time high, and has ruined the
    experience of the game for me.

It is a shame the series has no real competition. Activision must be laughing. Yes sales are decreasing year on year now, but no developer has come up with something to rival the series so COD will never improve imo until someone does.
    I agree I play for the social side of it. If there was a game as fun and easy to play in a group. U want a 10 min fun game where you can all be on the same team cod is simple. You might not be good but at least it's not to complicated. When I explai it to my husband it goes something like . Shoot the red guys not the green instant simple
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Same for me! Loved OITC and Gun Game in BLOPS 1 but hate them now with the radar.

The mode is just crippled in BO2.

Radar always on and the horrible knifing mechanics which means i'm more likely to do an awkward dance with the enemy rather than actually stab them. It's so bad.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still loving the emblem editor more than anything :o
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my favorite cod since 4. Which is odd because i thought blops1 was a massive bag of poo.
    It also has alot going against it, like all the good score streaks being too high for me to reach, the lag, and the spawn trapping.That said. I run uav/hk/cp and can cycle through them several times in one game (even got dogs, hog, loadstar in them so i do get to have a play) if all's going ok. Lag is not too much of a problem for me, connection dropping out is though. 'kin annoying. Spawn trapping sucks, but i just leave & find a new game, no biggy.
    With all it's faults i should hate it. But there's just something about it that makes me want to play.
    Oh, and bugger all hc modes. That's crap too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Twice now I have played some time online, turned off the machine, then turned it on again later, gone into split screen to play some off line MP with bots and get a message about my save being corrupted and all the previous stats, ranks etc disappear from my on line rank...

This happened to anyone else? Do you know of a fix or a way to stop this?
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why it isn't simple.

Surely if they can patch a game to add a gun they can patch it to change the numbers?

Somewhere there is a routine for the lag comp that just needs modifying.

That is the difference between great development and mediocre development. Also rushing the game out the door doesn't help. They had no open Beta, if they did they would have known about the issue. Then again I'm sure they knew about it as it was a problem in MW3 too. You have to remember this issue only affects people with low ping connections so its only a small % of the community.
    Also, I swear, sometimes the match is rigged. I'll start off on fire, get 15 to 20 kills in the first five minutes, the match is basically over by half time, I feel invincible, then suddenly I'll get royally sh!t on by everyone in the lobby, for the remainder of the match.

It happens far too often!

Is it after host migration? if it is then its standard, as the host changes and your ping to the host changes, In theory you could from being 0.5 seconds ahead of most of the players to 0.5 behind them or vice versa.
  • Options
    hullaballoohullaballoo Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Is Nuketown ever likely to make it into rotation? I don't love it massively, but these maps are getting a bit samey now and you never had a game lasting more than 5 minutes on that map. Most games I play seem to time out,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Nuketown ever likely to make it into rotation? I don't love it massively, but these maps are getting a bit samey now and you never had a game lasting more than 5 minutes on that map. Most games I play seem to time out,

doubt it, not everybody has it
  • Options
    caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hey guys, might sound bit of a noob here, but can someone please explain to me what exactly is die rise? , me and my buddy play everday, but can't for the life of us figure out if its just a standard zombie map or an interactive map like tranZit , for example, has a few objectives and a boss like the elecetric zombie? much apprecicate :)
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Never has the present Call of Duty thread been so low!

I'm a thread-killer :o
    Can't they change the numbers easily?

Not without changing the netcode which supposedly might hamper rather than help change things.

My theory on things are that because the game is a modified IW Engine which wasn't even developed by Treyarch in the first place, the expertise left with the old IW to Respawn.

If Activision were a decent company that cared about their customers they would spend the development time spent on lining their pockets with expensive map packs and extortionate season passes with actually fixing the problems in the game.
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    It is a shame the series has no real competition. Activision must be laughing. Yes sales are decreasing year on year now, but no developer has come up with something to rival the series so COD will never improve imo until someone does.

+1

Sad state of affairs but true. The FPS genre is in desperate need of some genuine competition to improve things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we'll see a FPS to rival COD though or to make the developers make it better and sort out the problems. No matter how bad the game becomes, it'll sell
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody having issues with the single player campaign?

This keeps freezing for me about two missions in on exactly the same load point.
    After you destroy the helicopter gunship whilst on the river barge, then head into jungle, but freezes as you break cover from the logs

Really frustrating as I got this for Christmas and always like to play through single player before I go online.

I've tried deleting game data and save files and re-installing several times to no avail.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad state of affairs but true. The FPS genre is in desperate need of some genuine competition to improve things.

It's hard to see how things will change though whenever all people do is bitch when something dares to be different to COD.

Killzone 2 was a genuinely different experience thanks to the realistic movement and aiming, and then was completely ruined when they patched it to 'CODify' the controls. If people wanted to play COD, then they should have, and shame on the developers for backing down.
  • Options
    heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorted out my freezing issues with single player - latest patch seems to have done the job - woohoo.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love the random messages I get on the odd times I do well in a match. I got this lovely message today...

"**** you ya dick i work out do you even lift?"

:confused::D
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsLurker wrote: »
    I do love the random messages I get on the odd times I do well in a match. I got this lovely message today...

lol! very random.

I've had 'i've f**ked yr mum' a couple of times. Which makes me lol as she's 79.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"do you even lift?" seems to be a new phrase used by the cool youngins. I also saw it being used on a big youtubers video.

Not to worry. Like "Kony" it'll stop in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member

That is a bodybuilding.com meme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they're sure running with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got a message from a Spanish bloke yesterday and had to google it to find out what it said.

Apparently I have sex with donkeys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Apparently I have sex with donkeys.

How do you find time for gaming?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    How do you find time for gaming?

Multitasking .
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got called all manner of names by some pratt.

Apparently I was cheating because I was killing him without my scope being on him. Yes, because I was using a crossbow with the Tri-Bolt attachment. But he didn't understand and instead reported me, then went onto my profile and saw I had a 100k+ GS, so began banging on that I was a hacker, or a games tester and that's the only way I could have that score, he then apparently started reporting me for everything he could.

To top it all off he got two of his clan buddies in who ended up on my team and started blocking me in and calling out where I was to him all the time. Very irritating.

The community on this game really can suck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got called all manner of names by some pratt.

Apparently I was cheating because I was killing him without my scope being on him. Yes, because I was using a crossbow with the Tri-Bolt attachment. But he didn't understand and instead reported me, then went onto my profile and saw I had a 100k+ GS, so began banging on that I was a hacker, or a games tester and that's the only way I could have that score, he then apparently started reporting me for everything he could.

To top it all off he got two of his clan buddies in who ended up on my team and started blocking me in and calling out where I was to him all the time. Very irritating.

The community on this game really can suck.

lmao. Yeah you do get em don't u lol