Revenge Season 4 (US Pace)

WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
Forum Member
So in preparation for the new season (if you are still going to stick with the show;-)) I thought I would create a new thread especially now we have this; the first official promo for the new season
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/revenge-season-4-first-promo.html
It looks like as speculated Victoria will be the revenge seeker and Emily is now in Grayson manor. I'm not sure about this, I know Emily has been a bit all over place since season 2 but I can't see myself ever rooting for Victoria. She got exactly what she deserved. What do you guys think if this is the case?

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it is actually looking as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely believe the show DOES NOT need this! It should be focusing on Emily and David surely? At the end of the day, Victoria is the reason, well one if them, that this revenge begun. Will we wait an entire series until she realises David is alive after all or does she know already?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teabag84 wrote: »
    I genuinely believe the show DOES NOT need this! It should be focusing on Emily and David surely? At the end of the day, Victoria is the reason, well one if them, that this revenge begun. Will we wait an entire series until she realises David is alive after all or does she know already?

She doesn't know already but the show runner has said it won't take the full season for David to be revealed but it will happen gradually, so each character will discover him one by one.

Something he said made me think that one of the main characters are already aware that he's alive - I think maybe Nolan. Unless Conrad survived in a twist.

I agree, the show doesn't need this. The entire thing feels superfluous. I'm hoping it proves me wrong, but nothing I've seen/heard so far has done that. Fingers crossed the premiere episode convinces me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    A big twist and something I'm not so sure of at the moment. The season three finale was an impressive game changer to me however so I guess we shall see. I just can't wait to see how it all plays out... David being alive, Victoria locked most fittingly in the psychiatric hospital, Daniel being framed with a dead body beside of him, Charlotte discovering Jack was her captor and Aden and Conrad being killed setting off new reignited paths of revenge. I hear Emily is getting a new love interest too. Plus, I'd like to see Margaux turn into a villain.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WolfGirl2 wrote: »
    So in preparation for the new season (if you are still going to stick with the show;-)) I thought I would create a new thread especially now we have this; the first official promo for the new season
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/revenge-season-4-first-promo.html
    It looks like as speculated Victoria will be the revenge seeker and Emily is now in Grayson manor. I'm not sure about this, I know Emily has been a bit all over place since season 2 but I can't see myself ever rooting for Victoria. She got exactly what she deserved. What do you guys think if this is the case?

It doesn't say that will be the whole theme this season though. They are guessing from 1 promo.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as i like Revenge, i hope season 4 is the last. I don't see what else it can cover.

The fact that David Clarke was alive the whole time felt like a smack in the face and in someway made all of Emily's actions and plans we had seen other three seasons as pointless and becoming less on a doing redemption for what she had assumed was a dead man who died being branded as a traitor to the United states of america.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    David being alive is the (and yes, it's used way too much) jump the shark moment. I'll watch for Nolan and that's it.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts tonight I think. I'll give it a go but my interest is really slipping in this show. If I thought for sure this was going to be the last season I'd stick with it but the EP mentioned a season 5 in an interview a while back so I'm not sure if I'll (or anyone will) stick with it
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenge is at its best when it's shocking, violent and brutal. Victoria murdering Aiden was one of the most upsetting, disturbing scenes I've ever witnessed. I loved it. :D
    The first half of season 3 was great but the second half was trash and only got good in the last 3 episodes. I want the consistency of season 1 for this new season and, most of all, to wipe the smirk of Daniel's face. Can't stand him.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this episode. I like David being alive because I like the actor and wanted to see more of him.

Really funny what they have done with Jack. I know who his colleague is and I will have to find out where I have seen him before or it will drive me nuts.

I would have to say that David was surprised to see Amanda. I wonder what he thinks happened to her. I am wondering if David was a part of the conspiracy but was set up as a patsy.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is up with Karine Vanasse's hairstyle?
    It looks like a crash helmet. Doesn't suit her.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't enjoy any of it. Actually let me rephrase that, I actively disliked it because the whole episode I felt "this should have ended so much better than it will do".

The whole reason for the show is gone. Pity.
  • kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this episode. I like David being alive because I like the actor and wanted to see more of him.

Really funny what they have done with Jack. I know who his colleague is and I will have to find out where I have seen him before or it will drive me nuts.

I would have to say that David was surprised to see Amanda. I wonder what he thinks happened to her. I am wondering if David was a part of the conspiracy but was set up as a patsy.

I felt there was major holes in it, we go from end of season 3 where we have moved on 6 months supposely - Jack was arrested - to him being a cop, don't know how quickly this happens in US but doesn't happen that quickly in UK lol. Also why would David wait for 6 months to attack/kidnap his next victim, why stay so hidden :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to say that David was surprised to see Amanda.

He hasn't seen her yet? :confused:
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently his first glimpse of her was when she went into the beach house for a moment.

All still to be revealed I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but he doesn't know that's Amanda, surely?
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    kaz80 wrote: »
    I felt there was major holes in it, we go from end of season 3 where we have moved on 6 months supposely - Jack was arrested - to him being a cop, don't know how quickly this happens in US but doesn't happen that quickly in UK lol. Also why would David wait for 6 months to attack/kidnap his next victim, why stay so hidden :/

He's not a cop he is a rookie he has completed his academy training and now starting his practical training
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did look a bit gobsmacked, so perhaps not.

I have to admit I love this programme. Yes it defies belief, but in order to enjoy a show, you HAVE to suspend rational thinking and just simply enjoy!

It's just like most of the programmes I like - Scandal, POI, the much missed Leverage, OITNB and the frankly absurd The Following. It's just nice to sit back and revel in the acting.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    He did look a bit gobsmacked, so perhaps not.

I have to admit I love this programme. Yes it defies belief, but in order to enjoy a show, you HAVE to suspend rational thinking and just simply enjoy!

It's just like most of the programmes I like - Scandal, POI, the much missed Leverage, OITNB and the frankly absurd The Following. It's just nice to sit back and revel in the acting.

I love Mentalist, Castle, Bones, POI and Scandal, do you think I'll get on well with Leverage? I used to love Christian Kane, even met him once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Well I enjoyed it, especially Victoria escaping from the mental hospital and her confrontation with Emily at the end. I liked how Emily smiled when she shut the door as if she's glad Victoria escaped, because it gives her life purpose again. It fit well with the whole "I'm addicted to revenge" part of the episode.

I can see where people are coming from when they say it should have ended already and David being alive took away the whole reason for the show. But I still enjoy it and I'm curious to see where it goes.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I almost didn't recognise Jack at first. Don't like the way Charlotte is being played, wished they'd killed her off. Gideon annoying and another spare part. Victoria escaping was far too easy. The story with the woman Emily crashed in to who was then exposed as the fiancée of the man whose death the other random person was responsible for didnt really make sense to me (probably because I wasn't really watching/interested). Found a lot of it random but at least I still watched, I know it's only the first episode but I'm fed up with how they keep rewriting the story, seems like the time invested in the show so far hasn't really been worthwhile. Sorry for being so negative :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Mentalist, Castle, Bones, POI and Scandal, do you think I'll get on well with Leverage? I used to love Christian Kane, even met him once.

If you can find Leverage, go for it. It's disappeared from my favourite site though
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    If you can find Leverage, go for it. It's disappeared from my favourite site though

I will, thanks, it's on Netflix :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there was a lot more potential in seeing Victoria locked up for a few episodes.

Her escaping so quickly and so easily kind of renders Emily's revenge in the finale kind of less effective.

But, yes, I did enjoy Emily's reaction to her escape. Probably my favourite part of the episode was how pleased she seemed as she'd missed their battles.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I thought it was enjoyable in parts but I can't help thinking that this season needs to be the last one really.

David being alive, I still think is a bad idea but the last scene with him and Victoria was interesting enough.

All of Victoria's scenes in Claremont were interesting. Not surprised that she was able to get Louise and Phyllis to help her escape from the place.

Her vowing revenge on Emily is both comical and unjustified though.

Emily trying to help Nancy get revenge - I'm glad Nolan called her out on it and that she saw some sense in the end though.

Two delightfully camp moments - Nolan arriving with the throne with some hunky sailors and Victoria's power walk with the umbrella out of Claremont for good measure.

Does anyone care about Charlotte, Daniel and Gideon? Apart from the writers, I'm pretty sure audiences are long past giving a toss. All three can go.

Margaux's hair is utterly horrible. Still like the character though.

Jack as a cop, I'm having a hard time believing (even with his motives detailed onscreen) but I kind of like Ben though, 7/10