Options

List of Channels on Sky at TVChannelLists.com

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
Forum Member
Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread as much of the content on TVChannelLists.com's 'List of Channels on Sky' wiki page has been contributed to by Digital Spy members. As such, please feel free to use this thread to communicate any problems or suggestions for the site, or any updates you've made to the listings, which you wish to convey to others.

I'll try to monitor this thread regularly so that any issues with the channel listings (and the website) can be resolved in a timely manner.

As a note – as the previous thread on the 'List of Channels on Sky' was closed, I have sought (and received) permission from DigitalSpy's moderators to create this thread.

Lastly, a thank you to all the contributors to TVChannelLists.com for keeping the information up to date. You can be assured that the content you submit is safe as the site is regularly automatically backed up and the site has never been shut down since its opening (and nor will it, for as far as I can foresee).

Comments

• Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tv-cl wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread as much of the content on TVChannelLists.com's 'List of Channels on Sky' wiki page has been contributed to by Digital Spy members. As such, please feel free to use this thread to communicate any problems or suggestions for the site, or any updates you've made to the listings, which you wish to convey to others.

I'll try to monitor this thread regularly so that any issues with the channel listings (and the website) can be resolved in a timely manner.

As a note – as the previous thread on the 'List of Channels on Sky' was closed, I have sought (and received) permission from DigitalSpy's moderators to create this thread.

Lastly, a thank you to all the contributors to TVChannelLists.com for keeping the information up to date. You can be assured that the content you submit is safe as the site is regularly automatically backed up and the site has never been shut down since its opening (and nor will it, for as far as I can foresee).

Thank you for keeping this going, it was useful, lets hope its not going to shut down!

How are you hosting it? It takes forever to load! If its shared hosting, who is your provider?
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Thank you for keeping this going, it was useful, lets hope its not going to shut down!

How are you hosting it? It takes forever to load! If its shared hosting, who is your provider?

I've noticed the loading times too, the site appears to be hosted in Australia. The ping times are very high which impacts on the time taken to load the page.

It's a great resource though and hopefully it stays online!
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Site loads fast for me here.
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One update to the "Channels testing on Sky" page, which is-

"50225" on 12.522 V can be removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yeah it's pointing to 9web according to WhoIs;
    Domain Name: TVCHANNELLISTS.COM
    Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
    Registrant Name: Michael Yang
    Registrant Organization: Terramonde
    Name Server: NS1.9WEB.COM.AU
    Name Server: NS2.9WEB.COM.AU
    Name Server: NS3.9WEB.COM.AU
    DNSSEC: unsigned

Hence the slow loading times, it would be good if the site owner coild use CloudFlare to speed it up for UK viewers

OP: if it's your website, here's CloudFlare and there's a free plan http://CloudFlare.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, you are correct that the website is hosted in Australia, as I reside in Australia. It loads relatively quickly for me here, but obviously, the long path to get to the UK is slowing down access for some ISPs in the UK (since fmradiotuner1 suggests it loads quickly for him).

Thanks to ocav for the suggestion to use CloudFlare. I've signed the site up for it and have adjusted the site's configuration accordingly, although it might take some time before the name server details update at your ISP for the improved performance to take effect. Hopefully, CloudFlare will help with the loading times.

Another possibility for the slowness is the fact that the Sky wiki page is quite long, meaning that it might take some time for your browser to render it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you are correct that the website is hosted in Australia, as I reside in Australia. It loads relatively quickly for me here, but obviously, the long path to get to the UK is slowing down access for some ISPs in the UK (since fmradiotuner1 suggests it loads quickly for him).

Thanks to ocav for the suggestion to use CloudFlare. I've signed the site up for it and have adjusted the site's configuration accordingly, although it might take some time before the name server details update at your ISP for the improved performance to take effect. Hopefully, CloudFlare will help with the loading times.

Another possibility for the slowness is the fact that the Sky wiki page is quite long, meaning that it might take some time for your browser to render it all.

Fmradiotuner1 has an ISP that probably caches content, hence his load times are quicker, but CloudFlare just adds that extra step in stopping it from feeling like a lifetime!

Thank you for integrating that, certainly will make the site more useful and it's something I'll help contribute towards!
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Useful site. Thanks a lot :)
  • Options
    AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have noticed the timezone for the site has been changed from UTC to AEDT meaning the timestamps are now 11 hours ahead of UK time. I much preferred it set to UTC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's peculiar, as I haven't changed any of the settings on the website. Looking at it right now, the server time seems to be set to UTC still. For me, being in UTC +11, it says:

Server time: 02:37
    Local time: 13:37

If you have an account, you can change the time zone shown to you on this page.
  • Options
    mackersdublinmackersdublin Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Site is down at the moment
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not another site for channel lists gone down, how many more sites will go this way before one stays?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi,

Sorry about that. It's back up now. The anti-spam plugin had some issues, but it's all resolved now. TV Channel Lists isn't going down - it's here to stay. Apologies and thanks for your patience during the interruption.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "64 HD" is on 12.188 H.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Site is down at the moment
    Site down again, hopefully a temporary problem.
  • Options
    mackersdublinmackersdublin Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Site down again, hopefully a temporary problem.

Working now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the hosting provider had some international connectivity issues – but as mackersdublin has noted, it seems to be all working again now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Working now
    I think the hosting provider had some international connectivity issues – but as mackersdublin has noted, it seems to be all working again now.
    Great news, thanks.
  • Options
    AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think something really needs to be done about the amount of spam TV Channel Lists receives. The recent changes is always flooded with spam which has been deleted.
  • Options
    zeebre12zeebre12 Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there any chance of having a master list of digital television channels for the US like the one for the UK? (only the national channels)..know it would be quiet difficult to do and take a bit of time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm not really sure what to do about the spam without making it too overly restrictive, but I go through the recent changes pretty much every day to clear it out.

Edit: I'm trying switching it back to ReCaptcha to see if the spam level decrease.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "55272" is listed twice. The "55272" on 12.633 H is a typo and needs to be replaced by "51125" which is showing 'Setanta Sports Ireland'.

Also, TP 78, 12.572 V is incorrect. I believe it should be TP 77, 12.572 H if it's still on air.

Whats the point in the extra TBN UK feed anyway, which version does Freesat use?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some typo's-

'Nicktoons ROI' is currently on 11.224 V.

'PTV Prime' is currently on 11.222 H.

'Angling TV' label (still broadcasting) is on C6L 11.390 V.
  • Options
    StrathclydeStrathclyde Posts: 2,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've maybe missed it, but is there a guide to the significance of the colour highlighting ? I see yellow re HD swap, but am a bit mystified by some of the other uses of highlighting?
  • Options
    DiscoDisco Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This pre-dates the current site but I assume it was added simply to make it easier to see at a glance which channels were in a particular package or were free-to-air or free-to-view etc. Which colour was chosen for which package appears to be arbitrary. Perhaps it would benefit from a table at the top explaining the colours (I note the Virgin page has one).