Is Brendan Happy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
Forum Member
As several people have commented Brendan looks a bit disengaged this year. Is he disappointed to get a journey contestant rather than a ringah? Is he planning for this to be his last year on Strictly and was hoping to go out with a contender? Has the arrival of Trent squeezed him out of the automatic partnership with Natalie in the headlining ballroom routines? Has he just become more of a family man and is finding it hard to come to terms with the amount of time his type of career means being away from home?

He has tweeted this -

Brendan Cole @BrendanCole · 9h 9 hours ago

Loved last nights pro dance on #scd btw (was choreographed by Berh Horan). One of my favourites I think.

...possibly helped by actually having a role in it rather than making up the numbers at the back ;)

There's a wink at the end but there is obviously a bit of truth in it.

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he's disengaged, more "toeing the BBC line," now he's got family responsibilities. He's probably realised he could go the way of James if he were as outspoken as he once was.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    No, he is angry that he only got a good candidate instead of last year when he went out in the first round with that lousy SEB. When will it be his turn to get a dirty singer ringer! P.S. Watch out when reading this post, might cause sarcasm poisoning!
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Sunetra is the right partner for 'bad boy' antics and eye catching dances. Brendan has given her one very beautiful dance though and he gives her a couple more I guess she'll be happy and it will be job well done.
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As several people have commented Brendan looks a bit disengaged this year. Is he disappointed to get a journey contestant rather than a ringah? Is he planning for this to be his last year on Strictly and was hoping to go out with a contender? Has the arrival of Trent squeezed him out of the automatic partnership with Natalie in the headlining ballroom routines? Has he just become more of a family man and is finding it hard to come to terms with the amount of time his type of career means being away from home?

He has tweeted this -

Loved last nights pro dance on #scd btw (was choreographed by Berh Horan). One of my favourites I think.

...possibly helped by actually having a role in it rather than making up the numbers at the back ;)

There's a wink at the end but there is obviously a bit of truth in it.

I have a suspicion that he's having to come to terms with being one of the elder statesmen on SCD - and all that it entails. I don't doubt he's looked at Anton, and then James - who was increasingly being partnered with ladies of a certain age - and realised that the same fate might await him. And now there's no James............just him and Anton. :o

Seriously, that's how I'm 'seeing' Brendan now. Shame, I really rather like him now he's grown up properly - and I'd hate to think the show might dispense with his services in the not too distant future. Having said that, I'd be very surprised to see him go. :)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he is unhappy; He has a great working relationship with Sunetra this season (she is one of my favorites btw ) but Im missing a certain spark from him this season, that's all.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As happy as he can be without me
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As happy as he can be without me

Oh Penelope...............:D
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something is missing I agree.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is missing his usual spark but I don't think it has anything to do with Sunetra.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's coming across a bit knackered to me.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Maybe if he laid off on the pies for a bit? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Maybe it is just an age thing. Anton gets accused of being too laid back but maybe that's how you have to go once you're approaching 40 on Strictly and Brendan hasn't learnt to take it easy yet.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems like a grown up person teaching a grown up person to dance.
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    He is missing his usual spark but I don't think it has anything to do with Sunetra.

I agree Brendan is missing something.

I didn't think Sunetra was the problem and then at the weekend a few people in the forum said they were having problems, I thought forum members making a song and dance over nothing. Having watched tonight's ITT I see where the posters were coming from, they sat apart, Brendan didn't come back for the end and Sunetra disagreed with him a couple of times. It looked frosty.

In answer to the OP, no I don't think he is happy. Shame really Brendan is one of the pros I watch for and Sunetra is one of my favourite celebrities.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    If he was a female pro I'm sure he'd be getting a lot more heat for being 'unprofessional' etc.

It's certainly not the first time he's given me the impression of phoning it in. ☎ Whatever the problem is (lack of training time, personality clash...), it's not encouraging me to vote for them and I rather like Sunetra.
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    I agree Brendan is missing something.

I didn't think Sunetra was the problem and then at the weekend a few people in the forum said they were having problems, I thought forum members making a song and dance over nothing. Having watched tonight's ITT I see where the posters were coming from, they sat apart, Brendan didn't come back for the end and Sunetra disagreed with him a couple of times. It looked frosty.

In answer to the OP, no I don't think he is happy. Shame really Brendan is one of the pros I watch for and Sunetra is one of my favourite celebrities.

Brendan tweeted that he was going to Flavia and Vincents new show tonight, so thats why he wasnt there at the end of Strictly! Plus i think they get on great - no hysterics or crying, just getting on with what they are there to do!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted just saw Brendans tweet 😊
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »

Yes! So right! :D
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Pet Monkey wrote: »

Well :o How very dare he! :D:D
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something is missing I agree.

't's me, I'm Catheeee'
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see much chemistry between Brendan and Sunetra on the ITT sofa tonight. Usually at this stage Slebs and Pros are more or less sat on each other's knees.

They may have had a trying day ?
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    I didn't see much chemistry between Brendan and Sunetra on the ITT sofa tonight. Usually at this stage Slebs and Pros are more or less sat on each other's knees.

They may have had a trying day ?

Has Brendan done that with any of his partners though (well, apart from Natasha!)?

He just doesn't strike me as the type for those sorts of antics so not sure how much you can read into it really.

He and Sophie were never touchy-feely either, but got on great (and still do, judging from Twitter).

I do sense Brendan's frustrated with the limited training time he and Sunetra have though (probably because he sees her potential and knows their routines could be even better) but he doesn't blame her for that. It's not like she's skiving off or anything! I'd say it's more frustration with the situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me, it's quite clear what he's missing. Go back and watch some of the ITT interviews from last season with SEB. He could not stop singing her praises because she gave it 110%. He was inspired by her because she loved it and was so dedicated to it. She didn't really have any other commitments and could dedicate ALL her time to SCD. Sunetra, however, can only dedicate something like 12-16 hours a week to SCD training, which I'm sure annoys Brendan. It's not her fault, as it's the same for a lot of celebrities, but Brendan likes when a character can fully commit. I think he also sees the potential in Sunetra, but can't do anything with it. I love Sunetra, and I love Brendan, but not digging them together.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    This is my last suggestion on the topic (make of it what you will):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYVb_OYz6g
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or they're at it like knives and trying to make sure nobody realises ;)