Options

*****The 100 - US Pace*****

Comments

• Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an excellent show. Makes me want to check out the novel. When is season 2.?
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an excellent show. Makes me want to check out the novel. When is season 2.?

the book is more of a scene setter for the series which has moved ahead of the book imo

s2 starts 22 Oct iirc

even tho I'm watching UK pace I pretty much know who survives/dies from various interviews ;-)
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The book is not very good at all. I'm glad the show's going in a completely different direction with pretty much everything.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the last 4 episodes and I loved it. I thought the finale was fantastic. It's opened up a number of interesting storylines for Season 2.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finale was good and I am.glad there are grown ups now because let's face it some of the acting was not very good. The chap playing Finn never changes his facil expression. I read Ricky Whittle article saying he had been made a series regular. I have to say that his dialogue could not have taken up more than 2 pages.
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one else watching S2?
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Tiexen wrote: »
    No one else watching S2?

I've procured it to watch when I get home tonight, excited :D
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Tiexen wrote: »
    No one else watching S2?
    I am, but I wasn't aware it was back on. I was searching [a specific website] so that I could watch the latest episode of Arrow, and during my search saw The 100 S2E01, then did a check (wikipedia) to see that I'd missed the launch date of Series #2. :o

I have now watched it anyway, was okay for an opener, though know that I am not going to like that kid from Continuum - can't remember his name in this show - Murphy is it? I get the impression they're going to try and redeem him (again), though Raven should have just blew his cover.

The best part of the episode was when Desmond (from Lost) blew that grounders head wide open with (what I assume was) some sort of semi-automatic shotgun? I haven't quite got accustomed to the names of these various characters just yet.

And then there's this bunker with Clarke and Jasper (etc)... There's no doubt something else going on down there, else there would be little point to them being. Can't think what it might be though...
  • Options
    ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 2 e1 Its on Canadian Netflix already for peeps who can get it :)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thorney wrote: »
    Season 2 e1 Its on Canadian Netflix already for peeps who can get it :)

That's good to know - i ended up watching all of S1 on Canadian Netflix before it had even finished on E4. I suspect the same will happen here and S2 will be complete on Netflix before E4 even get it.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great opener but I'm kinda fearing the just-landers will soon be going on a "let's slaughter all the savages" hunting trip akin to what happened to the Native Americans. If this IS on the cards I'm hoping we don't get a mass-wipe out as that would leave a right bad taste from which the series couldn't recover - well for me at least (maybe.) Maybe Elize (what is her name again?) will secure a truce between the factions but after that big grounders-go-boom happening at the end of last season, they're gonna want some pay back.

We've got The100, the just-landers, the radiation-eekers, the Native Americans and the Mutant Orcs - many battles to follow, right ?! :)

oops, I forgot about SpaceCaptain and the two-face deer. :D
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed it was back on, three episodes to watch, great! :o:D

Enjoying the new series already. It's deceptively engrossing, very solid characters and a lot of them to dwell on.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Just noticed it was back on, three episodes to watch, great! :o:D

Enjoying the new series already. It's deceptively engrossing, very solid characters and a lot of them to dwell on.

I binge watched the season two episodes last night.
    So far its even better than season one :D

Only quibble with character development for me though is Finn, he has gone darkside really fast. I keep drawing Richard III parallels with him too. Might be the hair and similarity to Aneurin Barnard though :o:blush:
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new GOT inspired opening credits makes me smile. I am really enjoying the new series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh well...

I have gone from really enjoying the 100 to being appalled by this show.
    There is nothing worse than writers using the murder of innocent children in a show, just no excuse whatsoever.

I am done. It actually makes me hope it gets cancelled now.
    Shame on the producers and writers. Worst bit of character decimation I have ever seen.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I feel Clark should be still in that bunker and maybe someone eles went instead, I mean most of them were looking for Clark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Oh well...

There is nothing worse than writers using the murder of innocent children in a show, just no excuse whatsoever.

Shame on the producers and writers. Worst bit of character decimation I have ever seen.

Seems the twitter brigade want Belark so the writers have to get rid of Finn so character assassination is the way to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems the twitter brigade want Belark so the writers have to get rid of Finn so character assassination is the way to go.

Sad, and ridiculous straw clutching attempt at salvaging their rankings.
    They could have done that with stopping at him killing the old man but no... they had have a child with a gun killing other children. Too far, ridiculous lazy and frankly irresponsible.

Its a familiar trope used by the CW shows, the slaughter of innocents by someone then give them a moral journey (TVD e.g.) but that was done by a vampire - a supposed monster, not a traumatised teenager.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow why would they do that to Finn's character though, it just doesn't seem in his character at all. I know he wanted to find Clarke one way or another but still.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came here to say "hey, this show suddenly got real dark" and to wonder where it would go next but it looks some feel the show, rather than jumping the shark, has gone ahead and slaughtered a bunch of shark babies who weren't doing nuttin.
    Hopefully next ep won't see them all "hug it out" and return to being best fwends, all being forgiven, and they exit the Grounder Camp with a final "deal with it" glance back. I would've liked the other guy to shoot him in the head as a way of stopping him, or at least whacking him with his gun. Good to see Clarke being understandably horrified. How long will that last though.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Whilst I can (and do) agree that Finn's character has taken a severe twist, I don't get why so many people are jumping on the hate. It's a show, meant to entertain, if it doesn't, switch it off.

If people would like an argument/reason for his actions, how about trauma? His character has been through a lot, and many people deal with various tragedies differently. Maybe with all the shit that's gone on, he just snapped?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad, and ridiculous straw clutching attempt at salvaging their rankings.
    They could have done that with stopping at him killing the old man but no... they had have a child with a gun killing other children. Too far, ridiculous lazy and frankly irresponsible.

Its a familiar trope used by the CW shows, the slaughter of innocents by someone then give them a moral journey (TVD e.g.) but that was done by a vampire - a supposed monster, not a traumatised teenager.

I was just reading a remark on youtube saying this was not like TVD in the producers listening to the fans. It is exactly the same. I actually saw a preview of Julie Plec talking about Jaiden on the originals and the tweets she has. She teased by saying in the writers group she said she would have to kill one or the other off.

I understand it to some degree. There are a number of shows on the CW who are at risk of being cancelled. Jane the Virgin/Reign and the 100 on the grounds that the number of episodes puts it in the mix. The writers are doing a good job in stoking fans by making the 100 as gory as possible like a computer game giving the fans a quick adrenaline fix. Hence we have multiple deaths/cannabilism and a form of eugenics. I watched the Afterbuzz on youtube where one reviewer said the audience is being manipulated and it annoyed him especially with Finn's transformation: absolutely right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched the Afterbuzz on youtube where one reviewer said the audience is being manipulated and it annoyed him especially with Finn's transformation: absolutely right.

Yup, that about sums it up.
  • Options
    tigertimtimtigertimtim Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Oh well...

will watch the next 1 or 2 episodes but unless Finn gets his just rewards iam done with the show...shame as up until that killing spree season 2 had being good :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, that about sums it up.

I watched the podcast again and forgot to mention Murphy. It seems the writers want these characters to be mirror images: Finn fall from grace and Murphy redemption . However viewers want Finn to have a comeuppance but seem to have forgotten that Murphy also killed a bunch of sick kids. This show by wanting the omg moments has lost any moral compass.

Now they might site the Lord of the Flies analogy but with that story the audience still can perceive right from wrong: this show just wants anarchy with the storytelling. The Walking Dead is always discussing in its characters what it is to be human and can you maintain humanity in an apocalypse. This show changes character on a writers whim and it is so obvious. They will end IP with viewers not caring about any of the characters.