Options

TNT Orders The Librarians

LMLM Posts: 63,511
Forum Member
✭✭
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/10/tnt-greenlights-action-packed-drama-series-the-librarians-starring-rebecca-romijn/252993/
TNT had a fantasy trilogy of films with the same name and it is now being spun into a television series. Noah Wyle who was the lead of the films will be the executive producer and appear as his characrer in a recurring role, but the television series will have a female lead played by Rebecca Romijn. The show will also co-star Christian Kane (best known from Angel) and will have Bob Newhart appearing in a recurring role as well.

10 episodes have ordered and is slated for a debut late this year

Comments

• Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed the first 2 Libs movies - big bunch of light hearted tosh/fun - and will defn be checking out the series - fingers crossed they get Gabriella Anwar to return :)
  • Options
    jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    great news. I watch the 3 movies all the time. really enjoyed bob Newhart and jane curtin. hope noah wylie appears often if he can.
  • Options
    DartGuruDartGuru Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strikes me as a bit Warehouse 13 - ish.

Qualifier - only read about this on wiki, not seen any of the three TV movies, and couldn't stand Warehouse 13.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jette52 wrote: »
    great news. I watch the 3 movies all the time. really enjoyed bob Newhart and jane curtin. hope noah wylie appears often if he can.

I suppose it depends how busy he is with Falling Skies. I'm thinking his character will only appear occasionally and the show will largely concentrate on the four new recruits
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trailer

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/05/upfronts-2014-first-look-tnts-librarians/

It does however seem to include a few pieces from the original tv movies
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hoped a series would be made. Loved the films. Can't wait for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Universal have secured the UK first run rights for this show

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/06/universal-channel-acquires-uk-rights-tnts-librarians/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I suppose it depends how busy he is with Falling Skies. I'm thinking his character will only appear occasionally and the show will largely concentrate on the four new recruits

There's only one more season of Falling Skies left so hopefully he won't be that busy.

I liked the Librarian films so hopefully will like the series.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Never seen the films (I'll have to look them up) but the cast and trailers look great so I'll definitely be giving this a go!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the films were boring. The series looks brilliant though. Has a slight warehouse 13 vibe.

It just looks like a fun series. Something to be entertained but something that is likely not bogged down with several different story arcs all at once. Not taking it's self too seriously, but hopefully not crossing the line in becoming too cringey.