Arrow Season 3 - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    YES! This is the best thing that could have happened. Very pleased.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Malcolm and/or Thea are responsible for Sara's death
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb episode to return with. Enjoyed every moment of it from start to finish.

Loved seeing Roy getting a bigger role, and he looks pretty badass in his costume!

I liked Sara, but it means more development for Laurel into her new role.

Also, Brandon Routh in perfect in his new role! :D
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Otis Hill wrote: »

I doubt they will go that way I would expect a team up of sorts when it comes to taking on Ras
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Still finding it hard to believe that Roy (who I find dull) is now close to Ollie's standard in everything. I know, Miracuru (sp) whatsit, bit yeah... it bothers me. No doubt Thea will show up with the skills of Artemis herself in a couple of weeks:blush:
    Bare in mind, but both Roy and Thea, it's been what, 3 - 6 months, and Roy was in training back then, and he was already streetwise.
    I highly doubt this. They have no reason to kill Sara for starters. I think it'll be a mystery for a while, but I think all the obvious contenders (Ra, Malcolm, Thea, etc) are out.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been expecting Sara to be killed off ever since she first appeared but that actually took me by surprise :o

I suppose it's possible that she could actually survive (Hey it was only three arrows and a fall off a 5 storey building ;-)) but is in no condition to carry on as BC leaving the role open for Laurel.

As to who shot her, does everyone use a Bow and Arrows in this show? :D
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    I suppose it's possible that she could actually survive (Hey it was only three arrows and a fall off a 5 storey building ;-)) but is in no condition to carry on as BC leaving the role open for Laurel.
    I'm pretty sure she's a goner. There were no signs of live, and I'm pretty sure she'd have hit her head hard.
    Corwin wrote: »
    As to who shot her, does everyone use a Bow and Arrows in this show?
    Goes with the name of the show at least? :p Plus, it would seem everyone from the league (including potential renegades) favour the bow and arrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Bare in mind, but both Roy and Thea, it's been what, 3 - 6 months, and Roy was in training back then, and he was already streetwise.

I highly doubt this. They have no reason to kill Sara for starters. I think it'll be a mystery for a while, but I think all the obvious contenders (Ra, Malcolm, Thea, etc) are out.

bib - one reason i thought malcolm may have killed her was that maybe he thought sara was there to find and kill him. Ra's al ghul wants malcolm dead for leaving the league of assassains so maybe sara was supposed to it for the league. both sara and malcolm were in the league so its possible he knew her from that
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Thea

Malcolm has had 6 months to brainwash her maybe as suggested to protect him Malcolm she would be ready for Thea not so much.

Maybe even Malcolm has told Thea Ollie's last secret and and this is a way at getting back at him or maybe even to get back at Laurel again Malcolm had twisted everything and made her think Ollie cares more about her than Thea "You took my brother away from me I'll take your sister"

As said above whoever it was it was someone she did not think would hurt her as she wouldn't even needed a split second warning if it was someone she thought of as the enemy.
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »

I see what you mean here but it even took Ollie 5 years to get to that level I suppose they could say that he still has some residual effects of the mirakuru in him what has heightened is ability learn I thought that's why they had him injected with it in the first place.
    Forum Member
    bib - one reason i thought malcolm may have killed her was that maybe he thought sara was there to find and kill him. Ra's al ghul wants malcolm dead for leaving the league of assassains so maybe sara was supposed to it for the league. both sara and malcolm were in the league so its possible he knew her from that

Malcolm was released by the league, though he may be in trouble with Ras admittedly, however most people are still unaware he is alive.
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was Thea

Malcolm has had 6 months to brainwash her maybe as suggested to protect him Malcolm she would be ready for Thea not so much.

Maybe even Malcolm has told Thea Ollie's last secret and and this is a way at getting back at him or maybe even to get back at Laurel again Malcolm had twisted everything and made her think Ollie cares more about her than Thea "You took my brother away from me I'll take your sister"

As said above whoever it was it was someone she did not think would hurt her as she wouldn't even needed a split second warning if it was someone she thought of as the enemy.

Really she would be almost last on my list, there is no need for Thea to want to kill her and don't believe she would be capable of killing people she knows, brain washing or no. Not too mention the voice was clearly male
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think when I seen him in Tech Village "Gosh! He looks like Clark Kent (or Superman as he wasn't wearing glasses?)...Potential Superman seeds?" That's because he was Superman lol Thanks to the user above who mentioned his name which led to my google search.

So is Diggle out then? Seemed like they were hinting that he could be now he has his kid and that Oliver was right by saying he shouldn't be put in harms way now [he has a kid]
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Not a great opener. The Oliver/Felicity scenes were a waste of time, as was Peter Stormare's new Vertigo. Liked Roy's as a sidekick, but nobody seems to care that much about him. Bit weird, considering there's been a 5 month jump.

Like most people, I've been expecting Sara to die since she first showed up, but it still sucks - mostly because we know they're doing it to replace her with Laurel :( Would have been better if they'd saved the 'hello, Sara' scene for next week and just had her land in-front of Laurel. As for who did it......Ra's is the obvious choice, but Nyssa won't be happy about it. Thea would make no sense at all.

Amanda Waller is a full-on villain from what we've seen so far.
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Not a great opener. The Oliver/Felicity scenes were a waste of time, as was Peter Stormare's new Vertigo. Liked Roy's as a sidekick, but nobody seems to care that much about him. Bit weird, considering there's been a 5 month jump.

Like most people, I've been expecting Sara to die since she first showed up, but it still sucks - mostly because we know they're doing it to replace her with Laurel :( Would have been better if they'd saved the 'hello, Sara' scene for next week and just had her land in-front of Laurel. As for who did it......Ra's is the obvious choice, but Nyssa won't be happy about it. Thea would make no sense at all.

Amanda Waller is a full-on villain from what we've seen so far.

I agree totally about the Oliver felicity scenes, they were only put there to appease the more rabid fans, didn't make any sense to me Oliver has never loved felicity that way though stephen acted them really well.

I will miss Sarah I loved her as canary however laurel was always going to become black canary there are some rules that have to be followed this being DC based, whether she ever fully gains the mantle in arrow who knows
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    Really she would be almost last on my list, there is no need for Thea to want to kill her and don't believe she would be capable of killing people she knows, brain washing or no. Not too mention the voice was clearly male

Well Malcolm can manipulate anybody and he liked it when she shot him and proved she was capable of killing someone

Plus if he could make her like him he knows that she is the one person Ollie would never take down no matter what she did he wouldn't even fight back
    Forum Member
    Well Malcolm can manipulate anybody and he liked it when she shot him and proved she was capable of killing someone

Plus if he could make her like him he knows that she is the one person Ollie would never take down no matter what she did he wouldn't even fight back

I entirely disagree Malcolm is not a master manipulator by any means a good blackmailer and extortionist yes

As for the other that would still giver her or Malcolm no good reason to kill Sarah for Malcolm it would be an incredibly stupid one that would have the league and the arrow team after him and can't believe he wants either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree totally about the Oliver felicity scenes, they were only put there to appease the more rabid fans, didn't make any sense to me Oliver has never loved felicity that way though stephen acted them really well.

I'm not a rabid fan as you call them but I love Oliver and Felicity together and their sweet scenes. True it seems rushed and a tiny bit forced. If they spent a bit more time building up the possibilities from at least halfway through last season then it would been more effective. But there is something there really worth tapping into.

Felicity has by far the most real connection with Oliver. Mainly due to the way the actors portray their scenes. Oliver and Laurel is a dud and Oliver and Sara was a snoozefest. And I don't think Oliver is Diggle's type.
    Forum Member
    I'm not a rabid fan as you call them but I love Oliver and Felicity together and their sweet scenes. True it seems rushed and a tiny bit forced. If they spent a bit more time building up the possibilities from at least halfway through last season then it would been more effective. But there is something there really worth tapping into.

Felicity has by far the most real connection with Oliver. Mainly due to the way the actors portray their scenes. Oliver and Laurel is a dud and Oliver and Sara was a snoozefest. And I don't think Oliver is Diggle's type.

And I am not disputing that they have great chemistry always have but the relationship has never been that way for Oliver, so forcing it in such a way just to appease the fans is wrong.

They can't or won't really tap into it as it is DC and it is written so to speak you can throw origins and other stuff In like Lana Lang in smallville but ultimately Clark Kent will end up with Lois lane whether you like it or not, just like Oliver queen will end up with Dinah laurel lance and all the moaning otherwise won't change it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I am not disputing that they have great chemistry always have but the relationship has never been that way for Oliver, so forcing it in such a way just to appease the fans is wrong.

They can't or won't really tap into it as it is DC and it is written so to speak you can throw origins and other stuff In like Lana Lang in smallville but ultimately Clark Kent will end up with Lois lane whether you like it or not, just like Oliver queen will end up with Dinah laurel lance and all the moaning otherwise won't change it

Fair enough. We see it from a different POV.

I don't see it as forceful to appease a group of fans. After all they upgraded Felicity from a one episode character to full series regular because how well she connected with Oliver/Stephen Amell, so the produces did see something right away and if there's something possibly great there then it's worth taking a closer look at.

As long as their delicate about this line they're going with so if it doesn't work out romantically they can still retain their platonic relationship.

Like you said the high probability is that they will tow the comic book line and ensure that it's Laurel he goes with in the end. But in the meantime, who knows what future holds in store.
    Forum Member
    Fair enough. We see it from a different POV.

I don't see it as forceful to appease a group of fans. After all they upgraded Felicity from a one episode character to full series regular because how well she connected with Oliver/Stephen Amell, so the produces did see something right away and if there's something possibly great there then it's worth taking a closer look at.

As long as their delicate about this line they're going with so if it doesn't work out romantically they can still retain their platonic relationship.

Like you said the high probability is that they will tow the comic book line and ensure that it's Laurel he goes with in the end. But in the meantime, who knows what future holds in store.

Yeah I just see that as using felicity and I'm not okay with that, yes if they had built it up with Oliver even showing the remotest interest that way but no he has had every other female on the show though and I preferred them not tainting the bond they had of a really special friendship.

Ultimately he will always choose laurel
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I just see that as using felicity and I'm not okay with that, yes if they had built it up with Oliver even showing the remotest interest that way but no he has had every other female on the show though and I preferred them not tainting the bond they had of a really special friendship.

Ultimately he will always choose laurel

In theory, Oliver would choose Laurel, but it depends whether they want to make the viewers happy because people really don't like Laurel and adore Felicity. Or they could do the opposite and to annoy fans, have Oliver go with Laurel, I just don't know. Or maybe neither, he ends up with someone else.

For now, I feel they are being careful because as you said Oliver has gone with a lot of females on the show, so they don't want Felicity as "just one of those girls", so they may leave it out for a long time to not ruin it.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the arrows were used to set-up the Arrow.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I think the arrows were used to set-up the Arrow.
    Except they were undoubtedly black, and we (plus the people of Starling City, and the police department) know that The Hood uses Green Arrows.

Lance, Ollie, Laurel and co know who use Black Arrows; the League of Assassins (and Malcolm - though I still doubt he was the killer).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They can't or won't really tap into it as it is DC and it is written so to speak you can throw origins and other stuff In like Lana Lang in smallville but utimately Clark Kent will end up with Lois lane whether you like it or not, just like Oliver queen will end up with Dinah laurel lance and all the moaning otherwise won't change it

BIB - In Smallville Oliver Queen ended up with Chloe Sullivan, even though Dinah Lance appeared several times throughout the show's run. So its not impossible that in this show's universe he could end up with Felicity Smoak.