Options

Don't Stop Believin' for Joe?

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
I know Don't Stop Believin' is rumored as the Winners Song this time round, instead of being a song Cowell can make a Christmas song (ie Hallelujah), this one fits into the mould of XF "journey" songs :rolleyes:
The song is pretty naff anyway IMO but Joe performed it well, so is it fair that the winners song maybe one he has already sang and the other contestants have not?
Joe has an excellent voice, one of the best in the show IMO but I'm not sure this is fair.

Comments

• Options
    Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The song is pretty naff anyway IMO

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and mine is that it's a classic and should be left as a Journey song.

Anything else is a travesty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it hilarious that they're keeping the song choice so close to their chest.

They know it's one of few things that backfired for Diana last year.

If the song choice is confirmed before the final, I think it could backfire for Joe.

I know last year that Diana never lost because of the song choice but I do believe it was a factor in why she was eliminated.

Last year it was confirmed around week 3 or 4.
    This year it's still not confirmed and Simon on The Xtra Factor is still not giving any clues and states "there's a few songs that I've heard and some are brilliant".

Of course, they've already decided the song choice as all four of the finalists record the winner's song this week.

It's all fixed for Joe.

All we can do is vote our favourites and hope they receive more votes than Joe... Leon fans did it. We can too.
  • Options
    **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    It's not fair, you are right about that but Simon has decided that Joe is the winner this year and there is very little you can do about that. You are sadly mistaken if you think that the public decide anything about this show anymore. The level of manipulation this year is truely amazing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Just a small town boy, born and raised in south .......Shields'

Journey own that song and it should be left alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A naff song? :o

It just happens to my favourite song of all time. :D

Of course, because of that, I'm unsure over whether or not I want it to be the winners single. If it is a bad version it could ruin the song for me, I don't think any version will ever be as good as Journey's. Having said that, Joe did a fantastic version of it, just wish it was made a little bit more 'rocky'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    The Glee Cast version is out to download same week as the winner's single comes out
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind Joe winning - he has a great voice :) I didnt mean the post as anti-Joe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this isn't the winner's song.

Steve Perry's vocals on the original are amazing and much as I love Joe I really think his performance of this in rock week was his weakest one.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Joe did okay with the song, but he really lacked the necessary welly (that's a technical term ;) ) to really pull the song off and power through it. Steve Perry's vocals on it are exceptional
  • Options
    Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member

Journey own that song and it should be left alone.
    Skywolfie wrote: »
    A naff song? :o

It just happens to my favourite song of all time. :D

I don't think any version will ever be as good as Journey's.
    I really hope this isn't the winner's song.

Steve Perry's vocals on the original are amazing
    Steve Perry's vocals on it are exceptional

.....;)