The Savoy - ITV1 - 9PM

Comments

• Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member
    That's ok, I hope you don't think I was having a go at you,

I can think of quite a few classier hotels in London now and if I was choosing to stay in a hotel the Savoy would not be top of my list by any stretch of the imagination

Agreed, Claridges is more exclusive, and the Dorchester more popular.
    Forum Member
    Duplicate post
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that they would show Marilyn Monroe arriving for a press reception. They did, but I was choked that I didn't catch a glimpse of myself in the front of the crowd. I came home on leave from the army just to see her and was so close that I could have touched her. Sadly, I didn't have a camera with me, so I only have my memories of that day. :(
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That reminds me of the Mrs Merton sketch where she says to some woman something along the lines of "tell me, what is it about your fat, bald, elderly, millionairre husband that you find most attractive"?

It's just another form of prostitution.
    That was Debbie McGee I think, wife of that young hunk of a man Paul Daniels. :D:D
    I was hoping that they would show Marilyn Monroe arriving for a press reception. They did, but I was choked that I didn't catch a glimpse of myself in the front of the crowd. I came home on leave from the army just to see her and was so close that I could have touched her. Sadly, I didn't have a camera with me, so I only have my memories of that day. :(
    Did you see yourself there when they showed it around the start of the programme??
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »

Did you see yourself there when they showed it around the start of the programme??

No, I have seen so many newsreels of that day, but I am not in any of them. I even put it on disc and watched it carefully frame by frame.

Shame, I would like to see myself on film when I was 19. ;)

Incidentally, Marilyn was even more beautiful in the flesh than on film.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that he had a permanent table at Fortnum and Mason where he held his business meetings. Maybe he used both of them!

I thought it was The Ivy.
  • valdavalda Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    i wonder if the girl who won Hell's Kitchen will get mentioned? The prize was supposed to be executive chef at the Savoy Grill. Eventually after months she found out she wasn't getting that prize due to work permit problems:eek: Ramsay didn't even tell her
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumpity-bump for part 2 :)
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So dogs are allowed at the Savoy, that's handy to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    So dogs are allowed at the Savoy, that's handy to know.

They`d love that filthy dog from the Jumbone advert, bet they wouldn`t be quite so polite then :D
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Sean should do Coach Trip with Brendan, Brendan doing the daily tours and Sean doing the even Butler stuff in the evenings etc
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They`d love that filthy dog from the Jumbone advert, bet they wouldn`t be quite so polite then :D

Can you imagine?! :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £158.00 for a glass of Champagne...:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Head Butler saw that young man in a bow tie and said to himself "I'll have that one"... thought he was talking about something else then! :D:D Only kidding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Head Butler saw that young man in a bow tie and said to himself "I'll have that one"... thought he was talking about something else then! :D:D Only kidding.

i thought the same thing..he is teachers pet and something more in training:D
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    That head butler is a seriously irritating, sycophantic, moron:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now why cant liz and charles use a bus! camilla would have been far safer the other night on the way to the Royal Variety
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    170 cases! too rich and spoilt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That him being 'very excited'?! Bloody hell, I've seen more happiness at a funeral.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    LOL. They had to cover up the red light on the telephone.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey!.... great minds think alike!.... that was exactly my first thought to!.....;):D
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    sad, sad, sad - people like the prince need to get a life!!!!!! :mad:
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Saudi guy is a bit of a oddball :o
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    now why cant liz and charles use a bus! camilla would have been far safer the other night on the way to the Royal Variety

I couldn't believe my eyes. All his money and he travelled in by bus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think he must be Prince of cloud cuckoo land..:eek: