Who is letting Matt do so much press ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liz83 wrote: »
    Absolutely! What kind of successful rock/pop star is as vanilla as an XFactor winner? Matt is meant to be different - a real, interesting person with flaws and a past life like most people- not a politician running for office. Does anyone think people will be put off buying his album if its good because he had beer spilled down his front or said he was unfaithful?? There are a core who will think hes not 'nice' - Daily Mail hardcore please stand up- but what does that matter int he greater scheme of things ? He has a fanbase who dont care about vanilla and thats pretty good for an Xfactor winner. It feels like in here many people are conditioned to think bland is best but lkets face it - has it worked til now?

I agree.. I'm put off artists who are squeak clean .. makes them bland and uninteresting for me, as long as they're not committing some awful crimes then it makes them more interesting to me if they don't live or act like a saint
  • liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    In what way exactly is he supposed to be interesting? He swears a lot. He smokes a lot. He drinks a lot. He sh*gs a lot. He was locked up by the police once for being drunk. He's bummed around for the last 10 years.

Is that really your definition of an 'interesting' person??

:confused:

Yes!! Allied to charm, humour, sweetness and alot of talent - absolutely! Blokes and girls like him. Hes not boring KM. Embrace the lurve!:D
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    absolutely! Blokes and girls like him.

Dear god, you can't be serious. So if someone smokes and drinks then they're 'interesting'? It's not their opinions, or life experiences, or ideas, or what books they've read, or music they listen to, or films they watch - it's whether they've sh*gged, smoked and drunk their way through the last decade.

I think I've finished with this thread but thanks for the insight into the mind of a Cardle fan. It was very revealing.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Dear god, you can't be serious. So if someone smokes and drinks then they're 'interesting'? It's not their opinions, or life experiences, or ideas, or what books they've read, or music they listen to, or films they watch - it's whether they've sh*gged, smoked and drunk their way through the last decade.

I think I've finished with this thread but thanks for the insight into the mind of a Cardle fan. It was very revealing.

None of us know any of this yet - journos would rather try and ask the same old sh1t over and over instead of breaking away from the norm.

His drinking or smoking isnt what attracts to him/his music but it gives the impression of being 'normal'

He's only been in our vision for 3 months so you work with what you know.

I only know of Vidic's great defending qualities but still rate him even though I'm not sure how much of Richard & Judy's Book Club he's read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I will say for Matt is that he comes over very well on interviews. Has X Factor ever had such a personable and articulate winner?
    Forum Member

Aw KM - you've given up slagging off Matt? I feel kind of guilty now...:o:p And youre being disingenuous you know. - hes interesting because he's real AND talented - not some sanitised figure who always says the 'nice' thing whether or not they believe it. We're talking about a PR image - broadbrush not someone you know in RL but yes Matt comes across very much as someone alot of people would like to have a pint with. Yes hes answered questions about books, music and films before but oddly no ones picked up on that here.:p His life experiences though are exactly what we've been talking about - hes been honest about them good and bad. And as has been shown in the ccourse of the show generally people respect that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss people who understand that a criticism aimed at the press is not a criicism aimed at an indiidual :cry:
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What will Kapellmeister do with all his free time if he gives up bashing Matt? I worry for him.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only this thread was mentioned in terms of being done. I don't think that the quest is over.
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    None of us know any of this yet - journos would rather try and ask the same old sh1t over and over instead of breaking away from the norm.

His drinking or smoking isnt what attracts to him/his music but it gives the impression of being 'normal'

He's only been in our vision for 3 months so you work with what you know.

I only know of Vidic's great defending qualities but still rate him even though I'm not sure how much of Richard & Judy's Book Club he's read.

I have it on good authority Sir Alex refused to sign him until he had the full booklist in his possession.
    Forum Member
    I miss people who understand that a criticism aimed at the press is not a criicism aimed at an indiidual :cry:

I understand - I was just suggesting that perhaps you shouldnt be worried.:confused:
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I have it on good authority Sir Alex refused to sign him until he had the full booklist in his possession.

OMG my life is complete now I have that information!!! I can become a fully fledged fan now I have his complete literary repertoire :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I discovered that Matt read and beleived the gossip in the DM, it would not put me off his singing,]

I'd just think that he was a bit limited intellectually, which is not a problem.

Of course if he came on here spouting it as gospel he would be challanged :)

VERY good point made by liz about the impression given by the never having been dumped or had his heart broken but wanting to meet "the one"
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    OMG my life is complete now I have that information!!! I can become a fully fledged fan now I have his complete literary repertoire :D

I exist to serve;):p
  • mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    What will Kapellmeister do with all his free time if he gives up bashing Matt? I worry for him.

Seems like bashing the bishop is all that's left!!!:D for this poor soul
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't know why anyone gives a sh!t about good or bad press, it all drops away in the end, unless they murder someone. As a Cher fan Iv'e become immune to the media manipulations and anyway like her all the more for her supposed badness.

I never liked Matt during x factor but the worse he's painted the more i warm to him. And it'll do him more good than harm out in the real world i expect.

If only we could locate Rebecca's dark side now:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't know why anyone gives a sh!t about good or bad press, it all drops away in the end, unless they murder someone. As a Cher fan Iv'e become immune to the media manipulations and anyway like her all the more for her supposed badness.

I never liked Matt during x factor but the worse he's painted the more i warm to him. And it'll do him more good than harm out in the real world i expect.

If only we could locate Rebecca's dark side now:D

You are wicked :eek: Carry on:p
  • LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don`t know what you "expect" of Matt really, he is an average 27/28 year old bloke, not media trained & he won the XFactor, he now has the press and everyone else all over him like flies on shit, looking for any little detail that the last 100 reporters missed. How many guys his age do you all know that would come out smelling of roses if the media went trawling through their lives?

Give the guy a break, he will learn to choose his words carefully as time goes on (though it won`t stop the press making things up), I don`t envy him, or any of the other constestants for that matter, it must be really hard to go from being a normal nobody to being the hottest gossip in town.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well you obviously find him and his exploits interesting or you wouldn't be turning up in every Matt related thread to discuss him and you wouldn't be reading the articles on him ... I know if I'm not interested in something or someone I don't read about them or spend time discussing them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    Well you obviously find him and his exploits interesting or you wouldn't be turning up in every Matt related thread to discuss him and you wouldn't be reading the articles on him ... I know if I'm not interested in something or someone I don't read about them or spend time discussing them

I don't even bother to read all the articles about him :)
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    I can only imagine what we would have got from the tabloids last year if Danyl had won. The difference in attitude to some posters to it would have been stark ;)

I don't think there are any grounds for comparing Danyl and Matt in terms of press coverage. The negative press about Danyl was never based on things he actually said or on behaviour that was actually witnessed. It seems to have been wholly contrived.

Cardle has slagged other contestants, gotten into a physical altercation with one of them, admitted to cheating on his girlfriend, was taken into custody involving drugs charges, has given an unending stream of foul-mouthed interviews....etc, etc.

Danyl was victimised by the press. Cardle evidently relishes the attention and goes out of his way to ensure he keeps getting it.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    I don't think there are any grounds for comparing Danyl and Matt in terms of press coverage. The negative press about Danyl was never based on things he actually said or on behaviour that was actually witnessed. It seems to have been wholly contrived.

Cardle has slagged other contestants, gotten into a physical altercation with one of them, admitted to cheating on his girlfriend, was taken into custody involving drugs charges, has given an unending stream of foul-mouthed interviews....etc, etc.

Danyl was victimised by the press. Cardle evidently relishes the attention and goes out of his way to ensure he keeps getting it.

Well to be fair, it was reported that Danyl would show negative press reports to other contestants, like Stacey being a bad mother, which was confirmed by Olly after the series who said it was just part of Danyl's humour. Plus one of Jamie Afro's friends were quoted as saying that Jamie is always having to put up with Danyl and explaining his actions to other people.
    So those facts did give people something to work with.

It's interesting how Danyl's negative press managed to affect his popularity and standing in the competition but it never did to Matt.
    Maybe Matt was more popular or Danyl's stories were more believable. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was simply explained actions were twisted.
    Cardle has slagged other contestants,.
    Not as far as I have seen and the "evidence" I have seen from his detractors hasn't been slagging anyone off - just twisted to give that impression

gotten into a physical altercation with one of them,
    no idea what this is but wonder what the evidence is
    admitted to cheating on his girlfriend,
    again I haven't seen anyone vouch for him saying this but even if he did, so what?
    was taken into custody involving drugs charges,
    hang him!!!
    has given an unending stream of foul-mouthed interviews....etc, etc

Oh shame I missed these :cry:
    Danyl was victimised by the press
    Matt has too by elements of it,
    Cardle evidently relishes the attention and goes out of his way to ensure he keeps getting it

I hope that it is true that he is relishing it, It would be a bit daft for him to go out of his way to get it as he is in demand, I don't go out of my way to get drinking water, I have it on tap
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syedluver wrote: »
    Kapellmeister, Reprinted yesterday but rumours/stories of him cheating have been around for ages. Matt has always denied cheating on any of his girlfriends, So i doubt that now he would do a 30 second interview and say 'yes i cheated on my ex'.

Matt is not digging himself an early grave as Matt most likely hasnt said any of the things that you insist he has.

I don't know how you can accuse another FM of resurrecting stories when they were republished in the media yesterday, however long ago you first heard about them.

Matt has denied a lot of things and claimed a lot of things, as many of them do until they slowly get found out.

Who cares what he has said or what he hasn't? Most people won't know that. All they have to go on is what is reported and, as I said, there have been far too many things reported about Matt for all of them to be untrue and that in itself gives cause to wonder which, if any, are not true.
    And look whats happened to Joe. Sadly. The press Matt is getting is what Syco wants and its working. The simple fact is he's interesting in press terms which is why so many stories appear about him - people want to read about him which again is A Good Thing for anyone wanting to keep a public profile. Alot of people in here post win have started from a position of hating/resenting/dislking Matt so things he says seem - or you want them to seem - outrageous and appalling and you hope damaging. But his honesty through the competition and the attacking press about his past didnt damage him with the wider audience. People liked him and he seemed real.

Now hes not in a popularity contest any more where 'humble' and bland usually wins. Now he has to keep interest as an embryo/would-be star and hes doing it effortlessly. It'll turn some off but it'll hook more in - thats the price. Hes doing pretty PRwise well IMO.and TBH the increasingly manic insults in here tell me that more than anything. :D

There was an American Idol contestant who was a media dream. They couldn't get enough of him. However he said a few ill-advised things and Simon is on record as saying that if he were managing him or had any say in the decisions of his label, he'd have dropped him.

Simon loves all sorts of publicity, good or bad, during the show because it brings attention to the show but once an investment has been made in someone, it's a different matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find funny and hypocritical about the ex going on about Matt being unfaithful is that apparently (as reported in one version of her story) she was engaged to someone when she first took up with him .. talk about pot calling the kettle .. lol