Staff Canteen (Part 28)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54,392
    Forum Member
    hyundai wrote: »
    it is on my agenda for monday...monday is d day...... discipline day...

so you will know how much you do when you are being disciplined; but if you don't wear it before you are disciplined how will you know you have done more:confused:
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    CharlieL wrote: »
    so you will know how much you do when you are being disciplined; but if you don't wear it before you are disciplined how will you know you have done more:confused:

:D:D You two crack me up.
    Hy, listen to Charlie, she talks sense.....

I have 2 of those books on cat psychology and they do help to explain a lot. Spiro and Cosmo, though unrelated were adopted within 2 weeks of each other and played and curled up together ( when Spiro wasn't hiding in my pocket) for their first year. After that, as Spiro got bolder, he appointed himself Alpha Male and they have little to do with each other. In the morning, if Cosmo tries to go downstairs before Spiro, he gets a clout....
    All four of them eat in various parts of the kitchen, they each have their own spot, first thing in the morning. After that, their bowls are put together as they come in and out and eat independently for the rest of the day.
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    :D:D You two crack me up.
    Hy, listen to Charlie, she talks sense.....

I have 2 of those books on cat psychology and they do help to explain a lot. Spiro and Cosmo, though unrelated were adopted within 2 weeks of each other and played and curled up together ( when Spiro wasn't hiding in my pocket) for their first year. After that, as Spiro got bolder, he appointed himself Alpha Male and they have little to do with each other. In the morning, if Cosmo tries to go downstairs before Spiro, he gets a clout....
    All four of them eat in various parts of the kitchen, they each have their own spot, first thing in the morning. After that, their bowls are put together as they come in and out and eat independently for the rest of the day.

Classic behaviour according to my book.....:D the book also explains some of the smells cats like, seems Alley isn't the only cat who likes the smell of deoderant....
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning 'Teenies and lurkers,
    Another "busy" day ahead.
    I hope you are feeling better today Charlie...:(
    I have a commission I need to finish and get into the post tomorrow, then I will start on the pocket watches....Ho Hum.....syl....:)

Speaking of post

did my card ever arrive :confused:

Afternoon all

sitting chilling in the library before meeting mum, going for a meal and then going to robin hood panto in newcastle

this morning i had a busy morning

went to the HR department to hand in my paperwork

CRB could take 6 weeks but i am hoping its less than this (has been in the past)

then i timed how long it takes to walk to my new workplace from nearest metro station only took 15 minutes :)

then went to visit my new workplace and met a couple of the staff (the rest are on holiday) its been manic lately apparently but i know i will be eased in slowly :)

then came back into newcastle and investigated a new phone but i told the salesmen i would go in and think about it as i am still not sure :o:o the keyboard looks hard to get to grips with (blackberry)

got a question for people has anybody ever felt an eyelash twitch I have had this feeling all day and know an eyelash wants to come off but no matter how much i try to pull one off i can't get the one causing the twitch :o:o
    Forum Member
    Queenie, your card arrived this afternoon.
    Please don't pluck out eyelashes for any reason as you can get a nasty eye infection. Lashes fall when they are ready.
    Enjoy the panto.:):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of post

did my card ever arrive :confused:

Afternoon all

sitting chilling in the library before meeting mum, going for a meal and then going to robin hood panto in newcastle

this morning i had a busy morning

went to the HR department to hand in my paperwork

CRB could take 6 weeks but i am hoping its less than this (has been in the past)

then i timed how long it takes to walk to my new workplace from nearest metro station only took 15 minutes :)

then went to visit my new workplace and met a couple of the staff (the rest are on holiday) its been manic lately apparently but i know i will be eased in slowly :)

then came back into newcastle and investigated a new phone but i told the salesmen i would go in and think about it as i am still not sure :o:o the keyboard looks hard to get to grips with (blackberry)

got a question for people has anybody ever felt an eyelash twitch I have had this feeling all day and know an eyelash wants to come off but no matter how much i try to pull one off i can't get the one causing the twitch :o:o

Dont try and pull out your lashes! you will just end up with a sore eye!! its isnt an "eyelash twitch" its a spasm in your nerve ending in your eye lid - nothing to worry about just leave it alone and it will go away!

ps my mobile has a qwerty keyboard, yes it took some getting used but pretty quickly did
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eveniing all..on way home from work..thank god:D
    Quueenie. I've got a blackberry 8520 and they're surprisingly easy to get used to, except when you're rocketing down dark cornish lanes on a rickety old bus!!!
    But you have to pick the right phone for you so happy hunting and take your time, don't let the salesman talk you into anything you're not happy about- might be an idea to take someone with you as a back up and to provide an impartial viewpoint

Charlie I do hope you're feeling better

Hy, your two cats!! And poor tilly. ...lol! Hope you're having a lovely time with your houseful, I bet you're in your element!!:D

Still catching up so I will read on...!! Hope all ok anyway, anyone heard from Keepy??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ps queenie don't pull at youur eyelashes!!!:eek:
  • hyundaihyundai Posts: 36,528
    Forum Member
    im full...i have eaten too much...my own fault...didnt eat the chips tho i was a good girl...just the chicken and the salad...i think it was the 2 large brandies that have filled me up....;)

queenie never pull out eyelashes...infection can set in and sore infected eyes are nasty....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queenie, your card arrived this afternoon.
    Please don't pluck out eyelashes for any reason as you can get a nasty eye infection. Lashes fall when they are ready.
    Enjoy the panto.:):):)

oh glad it arrived:)

I enjoyed the panto it was so funny the 3D effects were great too:D
    Dont try and pull out your lashes! you will just end up with a sore eye!! its isnt an "eyelash twitch" its a spasm in your nerve ending in your eye lid - nothing to worry about just leave it alone and it will go away!

ps my mobile has a qwerty keyboard, yes it took some getting used but pretty quickly did

still curious as to what has caused the spasm

my mobile has a qwerty keyboard onscreen which i like blackberry has qwerty keyboard with small buttons underneath the screen
    kate36 wrote: »
    Eveniing all..on way home from work..thank god:D
    Quueenie. I've got a blackberry 8520 and they're surprisingly easy to get used to, except when you're rocketing down dark cornish lanes on a rickety old bus!!!
    But you have to pick the right phone for you so happy hunting and take your time, don't let the salesman talk you into anything you're not happy about- might be an idea to take someone with you as a back up and to provide an impartial viewpoint

Charlie I do hope you're feeling better

Hy, your two cats!! And poor tilly. ...lol! Hope you're having a lovely time with your houseful, I bet you're in your element!!:D

Still catching up so I will read on...!! Hope all ok anyway, anyone heard from Keepy??

thanks
    kate36 wrote: »
    Ps queenie don't pull at youur eyelashes!!!:eek:
    im full...i have eaten too much...my own fault...didnt eat the chips tho i was a good girl...just the chicken and the salad...i think it was the 2 large brandies that have filled me up....;)

queenie never pull out eyelashes...infection can set in and sore infected eyes are nasty....

Thanks all nothing came out when i tried so have give up even though its twitching like mad now i am hoping it will be gone by the time i have slept :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh glad it arrived:)

I enjoyed the panto it was so funny the 3D effects were great too:D

still curious as to what has caused the spasm

my mobile has a qwerty keyboard onscreen which i like blackberry has qwerty keyboard with small buttons underneath the screen

thanks

Thanks all nothing came out when i tried so have give up even though its twitching like mad now i am hoping it will be gone by the time i have slept :D

my phone has a qwerty keyboard ...

http://d2eosjbgw49cu5.cloudfront.net/mobile-weblog.com/imgname--lg_ks360_hits_the_streets---50226711--images--lg_360.jpg

nothing causes the twitch!! google it! ignore it! live with it! 99% of us get it!
    Forum Member

http://d2eosjbgw49cu5.cloudfront.net/mobile-weblog.com/imgname--lg_ks360_hits_the_streets---50226711--images--lg_360.jpg

nothing causes the twitch!! google it! ignore it! live with it! 99% of us get it!

That's a pretty phone...:)

Morning All...:)

The car is in the garage having some minor but vital repair so we can't go shopping until later today. As the shops will be closed until wednesday, it means there will be an unholy scrum, but it can't be helped...
    I didn't wake up until 7.30, which is really late for me...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

looks pretty :)

i am ignoring it suprised sleeping didn't help it

its good to know its common
  • freckle59freckle59 Posts: 42,993
    Forum Member
    Morning all :)

Just popping in to say Happy New Year to you all ... I might not get back in later. I've got a right old houseful tonight...well it seems to be a permanent fixture lately having all these children! I feel like the old woman who lived in a shoe! Tonight I have three boys and my great niece - the youngest one born in October - and my 10 year old niece. She's only staying until 11 when my sis is coming over and taking the three boys and 10 year old niece down into the town for New Year celebrations. She'll be bringing them back whenever she can get back to her car!!! IN the meantime I'll be seeing in the new year with a sleeping baby (fingers crossed) and the telly :D

I've had a fabulous delayed Christmas - we did it yesterday with Mum and Dad, sis and me and YF - the full roast turkey and all the trimmings and everyfink! Tesco had an offer on their 'retro' drinks so we had babycham, snowballs and Cherry B! No sooner had Mum and Dad and sis gone than the boys turned up for their sleepover so I'm ever so slightly delicate! I'm heading off for a walk with big sis and bouncing boxer in a minute. The boys have taken their new stunt scooters to the local skate park... fingers crossed for no broken bones or blood please!

I hope you've all had a fabulous time - Halla.... breaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathe! ;)

So in case I don't get back in here I wish you all the joy of friendship and happiness and health.

Happy New Year!
    Forum Member
    a happy new year from tiptree to all over the world and back again...
    i wont be here till tomorrow..i have been surprised with a new years eve ball...black tie doncha know....i feel a bit posh so i have dug me sparkly top out....
    hope everyone is well and we all enjoy a healthy happy new year...
    xxxxxxxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a happy new year from tiptree to all over the world and back again...
    i wont be here till tomorrow..i have been surprised with a new years eve ball...black tie doncha know....i feel a bit posh so i have dug me sparkly top out....
    hope everyone is well and we all enjoy a healthy happy new year...
    xxxxxxxxx

same to you hy, have a lovely time xx talk soon:D

and same to the rest of you folks on here!! xx
    Forum Member
    had a message from wiggy/kenko...have a happy new year to you all....
    Forum Member
    Happy new year to everyone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year
    Forum Member
    Cat story 3,926,451 so those who are bored of them can skip over them

Recently I have caught Junior having a little spray in the house....he has been 'done' so it doesn't usually smell but its not nice....but two mornings recently the sitting room has smelt when I've opened up so I've blamed Junior, swabbed down and forgotten about it. 'The Book' says if a cat suddenly starts its normally something like another cat intruding on his territory and to look for the reason, so yesterday I see the big grey and white cat that my teacher mentioned the other day coming out of my garden, and I think *lightbulb moment* its my fault cos I put down the turkey bones in the garden a couple of nights for the strays.......presumably hes been in the catflap to see if theres anymore .. add that to the fact that Junior had a big chunk out of fur out of his side last week. But anyhow, the silver lining to this story is the big grey and white cat has similar markings to my scaredy cat Archie, and it would appear that Junior is now frightened of Archie cos he hasn't gone in the same room the last couple of days and Archie has been marching around without a care in the world.....I doubt it will last, but its fun while it does.....
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    helloooooo:D
    happy noo year to all when it comes:)
    still busy as a busy thing......just trying to get kids packed up for their school skitrip then packers coming next week then we're off the week after:eek::eek:
    busy, busy, laters xxxxx:)
  • TigerlilyTigerlily Posts: 9,867
    Forum Member
    Just popped in to wish everyone a healthy happy New Year xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year everyone xx
    Forum Member
    Off in a moment, huge hugs all round. See you in the New Year...xxx

http://picasaweb.google.com/113456520926716337399/HappyNewYear#