Million pound drop security risk!

egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Received an email from Applause store: "Once again,this time around for security reasons,the show is being filmed in advance of airing"

:o

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ? Amazing what shocks people these days
  • stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Well, it's better than saying "They cut our budget so we have to pre-record", isn't it.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    ? Amazing what shocks people these days

Can you think of what possible security risk filming live has? Are ISIS going to leap onstage and behead Davina? ISrael launch missiles? :rolleyes:
  • Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder, do the contestants have to go through airport style security checks before the show? :eek:
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Nothing like a bit of 'mortal peril' to glean a few column inches of publicity...^_^
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Received an email from Applause store: "Once again,this time around for security reasons,the show is being filmed in advance of airing"

:o

I thought this current series have all been pre-recorded anyway? It's not been called Million Pound Drop 'Live' since the previous series.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this current series have all been pre-recorded anyway? It's not been called Million Pound Drop 'Live' since the previous series.

All of this. Who are Endemol trying to kid?
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When it was Live I can confirm all audience members were literally searched like at an airport (Maybe not quite as bad) and EVERYTHING had to be put in big plastic bags.

As this was the first TV audience I attended pretty scary stuff. Thankfully other shows are much more relaxed on what the audience can take in!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesnt say this is first time of pre record,it says "Once again[this time for security reasons.]show is being pre recorded. "

Im curious as to what previous reasons were for pre-record and why its a security risk broadcasting live.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt say this is first time of pre record,it says "Once again[this time for security reasons.]show is being pre recorded. "

Im curious as to what previous reasons were for pre-record and why its a security risk broadcasting live.

Sorry what I meant was wasn't the intention from Ep 1 of this series and throughout that all the episodes were going to be pre-recorded anyway?

The way that's worded is that every week they've decided at the last minute it's going to be pre-recorded (which isn't true) and this week there is some security reason behind it (which is even more odd as it was never going to be live so why the drama).
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erm...what possible reason do they have to use real money anyway? theres no reason why it has to be, surely?
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ok, Tecwen Whittock was down to be in the audience. Once he was removed, all was given the go ahead. No biggie.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    erm...what possible reason do they have to use real money anyway? theres no reason why it has to be, surely?

I totally agree. No need to use money at all. Wooden blocks would suffice.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Protesting on live telly is always going to be a draw for anyone wanting to publicise a cause whether its as innocuous as Fathers4Justice or some sort of ISIS outrage.
    Clearly its cheaper to pre-record so the the audience checks will be then be minimal.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

Ha ha ha, ham and egg for me please and who's had me sausage roll.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha, ham and egg for me please and who's had me sausage roll.

Surely it would have been bully beef in the sandwich?

You'd have thought the director would have spotted that and did a retake?
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Surely it would have been bully beef in the sandwich?

You'd have thought the director would have spotted that and did a retake?

Bullseye had a budget of £12.87 per episode, no chance of a retake on those kind of budget constraints.
    Maybe that explains why 'Ethel' was tucking in to a packed lunch :)
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Didn't look like a sandwich to me. More like a toffee or something which they kept in a box. The gent seemed to pop something into his mouth rather than take a bite of something.