Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dobbybear wrote: »
    And when Simon threw the remote at Leanne it hit her on the head not on the face but when she looked up she had a graze on her cheek. Once again an unrealistic injury!

That was commented on chez Lakie, as was the fact that Leanne seems to bruise in a fraction of the time it takes most people.

We think she should have a blood test, if her blood clots that quickly she must be at risk of DVT etc.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Very surprised nobody has mentioned Todd tonight......

I thought that was his big exit on Friday night after his showdown with Eileen and Jason followed by his jumping in a taxi and off. Yet here he was tonight back on the street as if nothing had much happened!

Scratches head in bemusement. :confused:

I was hoping that if no-one mentioned him, he really would go away! No such luck! :D

Did notice one small SOR with him.. Jason was walking past the pub, crossed the road and got to around the bus shelter, when suddenly Todd, who was leaning against the wall of the Tatt Shop, called across, and Jason only then noticed him. Has Jason got very limited peripheral vision? Or did Todd suddenly materialise? Possibly the latter, as between shots he moved a foot to his right, then back a foot to the left! ;)
    mushypeas wrote: »
    And don't get me started on sarahs attitude behind the bar tonight. Who carries on like that especially when you're only new to the job? And how did liz not realise she hadn't taken her break, who did she think relieved her?

Plus, as noted in this thread a few times before, there was the Sarah in pub/Callum in pub cliché once more. Sarah appeared with the flowers, and we just knew that when we next saw her, actually "working" in the pub, Callum would be there too. Surely the writers/producers must see that this is so phoney, the two only existing in scenes for the mutual benefit of each other?
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Nobody seems to have noticed he's Aboriginal. :D

maybe no aboriginal (hair is too tight). one day they may address if, generic throwback or something. i think lucy loosing peters simon and adopting a mix race baby and calling him simon is far fetched enough for corry.
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong , but I thought Simon was wearing make up last night, his face looked like it had been covered in some kind of pale face powder , especially around his nose, and with a touch of pink on his cheeks. I can't remember him having such a pink and white complexion before, his skin was always darker. Not being nasty, but I thought maybe they were trying to disguise the fact he probably is mixed race. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this about Simon.:confused:
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    That was commented on chez Lakie, as was the fact that Leanne seems to bruise in a fraction of the time it takes most people.

We think she should have a blood test, if her blood clots that quickly she must be at risk of DVT etc.

I know wasn't it ridiculous. Yet a few weeks back when Jenny whacked Maria across the face there wasn't even the slightest hint of a mark........oh silly me it wouldn't have suited the storyline!
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    killjoy wrote: »
    Graffiti

Strange isn't it the front of Webster's garage is covered in graffiti, as is the nearby wall, but next to it is a white pristine garage door ~ very selective artists, do they only do commercial buildings?
    Think graffiti stands out more on a dark background. There's a skateboard area under a road bridge near where I live that the kids have been given free rein on to do as they like, and they sprayed the light concrete bridge supports black before adding graffiti.

If they do prefer dark areas, that would explain why they've left a white garage door alone.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Time for Les to leave or die. His memory has gone.

He's keeps bleating on about how they all deprived him of the chance to bond with his son, so he's obviously forgotten that his son despised him and wanted nothing to do with him.

And as for Gail simpering over him, expecting him to welcome her with open arms - he now hates her, but it doesn't seem to have got through to her. She's got no self-respect.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    mushypeas wrote: »
    Ken to leanne: "I'm just about to make dinner".
    So tracey must've burnt the fajitas that amy was telling Simon about then. Guess she didn't hear the smoke alarm going off ;-)
    Also have to mention andys brilliant acting in the bistro during michaels big announcement, he never said a flippin word just shots of him standing with his mouth open like a goldfish. The whole gandy reveal is ridiculous, were the writers trying to be funny or is it just the way it's being acted?
    And don't get me started on sarahs attitude behind the bar tonight. Who carries on like that especially when you're only new to the job? And how did liz not realise she hadn't taken her break, who did she think relieved her?

It was really funny when Michael said his son was dead, and Andy said he hadn't been when they started. Gail looked annoyed and tried to say she hadn't been in at the beginning of the fraud, then Andy looked really angrily at her. I bet he'd love to put all the blame on poor old Gail :D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    It was really funny when Michael said his son was dead, and Andy said he hadn't been when they started. Gail looked annoyed and tried to say she hadn't been in at the beginning of the fraud, then Andy looked really angrily at her. I bet he'd love to put all the blame on poor old Gail :D

It was laughable. Big scene = cabaret night at the bistro - again!

That Andy bloke is such a dopey-looking, soppy drip and after all he's done, he's STILL working at the bistro! :o
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with some advice from Sarah, Liz realises that the best way for revenge against Tony is to destroy his personal stuff. Pity the thick bint didn't think of that one a couple of weeks back when she was trashing her living room and own belongings.

If Tony ever returns, Liz will be screaming and chucking clothes at him from the Rovers bedroom window a la every split in soap!
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Why was Eileen behaving like someone who hadn't had any male attention in years? The way she pulled Michael down on top of her when he tried to get up was just bizzare and I don't believe that Eileen (much as I'm not a fan of hers) would shag a married man so readily, even if he was only Gail's husband.

Maybe the bloke she met on the internet (sorry, I've forgotten his name) couldn't handle her voracious sexual appetite. :D
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was Eileen behaving like someone who hadn't had any male attention in years? The way she pulled Michael down on top of her when he tried to get up was just bizzare and I don't believe that Eileen (much as I'm not a fan of hers) would shag a married man so readily, even if he was only Gail's husband.

Maybe the bloke she met on the internet (sorry, I've forgotten his name) couldn't handle her voracious sexual appetite. :D

Yes, it was bizarre, especially that it was only last week or the week before that she had the lovely Mark Moraghan (Adrian) in her bed.:D He was really keen on her as well, even wanting to take her away for a romantic weekend, a bit far fetched that Eileen was the best that someone like him could get. Wonder if we will see him again?
    Would she really be so desperate for Les, the sight of her grappling with him was hilarious?
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be wrong , but I thought Simon was wearing make up last night, his face looked like it had been covered in some kind of pale face powder , especially around his nose, and with a touch of pink on his cheeks. I can't remember him having such a pink and white complexion before, his skin was always darker. Not being nasty, but I thought maybe they were trying to disguise the fact he probably is mixed race. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this about Simon.:confused:

it's been a long standing discussion on here as simon has got older because any mixed race attributes of the actor have come out as he's got older.
  • mushypeasmushypeas Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Michael told Gail he went to see Susan yesterday but we don't know what she said to him or if he told her the whole story of Andys deception. He surely needed to explain why he wasn't at the funeral with Gail. Also I'm sure Susan would have told him how much RealGavin hated him and would never have reconciled with him.

Corrie writers missed a trick by not having Michael confide in someone so that we could find out whats going on in his head. As a result IMO we don't feel sorry for Michael.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    How come we never see Gail taking flowers to RealGavin's grave anymore?

She had virtually set up home there a while ago.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    So with some advice from Sarah, Liz realises that the best way for revenge against Tony is to destroy his personal stuff. Pity the thick bint didn't think of that one a couple of weeks back when she was trashing her living room and own belongings.

How can anyone take advice from Sarah when she can hardly been seen over the bar :D
    She looked about 12 years old serving last night
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was joking about Aboriginal, it was in reply to another post, but he clearly is mixed race.
    This has become evident as he has grown older,it was less obvious when he was a small child.
    The SOR is that we are expected to believe that he is Peter and Lucy's child.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole Sarah/Callum/Bethany s/l is so ridiculous. Even a thick pair of noddies like Sarah and her dope of a daughter would not behave in the way that they have. I cannot for the life of me see exactly why they were brought back. They add nothing to the show apart from irrritating the life out of me.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he and Jason were pretending that they were partners to spy on Eileen and 'Geoff from Dubai' didn't he say something along the line 'Don't let my Billy know about this'

Thanks, I missed him saying that
  • Acacia8Acacia8 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    The whole Sarah/Callum/Bethany s/l is so ridiculous. Even a thick pair of noddies like Sarah and her dope of a daughter would not behave in the way that they have. I cannot for the life of me see exactly why they were brought back. They add nothing to the show apart from irrritating the life out of me.

Sarah's must be the most dull return to Corrie in recent years. There has been nothing interesting about her, apart from making up the numbers or falling all over Callum. Has she even interacted with the likes of Maria, Leanne or anyone else?
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acacia8 wrote: »
    Sarah's must be the most dull return to Corrie in recent years. There has been nothing interesting about her, apart from making up the numbers or falling all over Callum. Has she even interacted with the likes of Maria, Leanne or anyone else?

The actress who plays Sarah was a lousy actress when she was originally in the soap and is still a lousy actress, perhaps worse now she has re-joined.

The actress who plays Bethany, is also an abysmal actress and character.

Both should go back to Italy forever, preferably taking Sean with them.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress who plays Sarah was a lousy actress when she was originally in the soap and is still a lousy actress, perhaps worse now she has re-joined.

The actress who plays Bethany, is also an abysmal actress and character.

Both should go back to Italy forever, preferably taking Sean with them.

Agree to all three points, and can they please take Todd with them? And Tracey!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I posted this in another thread, then noticed they were all a SOR!

- Evil Curly Simon, WTF? That evil glare, it's like he's possessed!
    - Leanne's Bruise- I know he lobbed it at her hard, but that was one hell of a mark.
    - Is Ken that stupid? Curly Si is acting all sketchy and Leanne has a smashed in face.. 2 & 2 together?
    - Where's Janice and Toyah? Leanne just lost her boyfriend.
    - Why has nobody noticed that Michael is Les Dennis? The irony of him preaching about pretending to be someone else.
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted this in another thread, then noticed they were all a SOR!

- Why has nobody noticed that Michael is Les Dennis? The irony of him preaching about pretending to be someone else.

Good one, made me laugh. Wish they would realise and then write him out as an imposter:)
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    dobbybear wrote: »
    I know wasn't it ridiculous. Yet a few weeks back when Jenny whacked Maria across the face there wasn't even the slightest hint of a mark........oh silly me it wouldn't have suited the storyline!

The Jenny/Maria thing was the first thing I thought about too, when i saw that massive bruise on Leanne's face!!
This discussion has been closed.