Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    open-arms wrote: »
    Watching All4 Demand Service and you are sure to get:

Skittle-Pox - just a vile ad - makes me feel sick.

The Esso advert with the kid making racing car noises then the mother starts. The advert is very grating after a while.

I've seen both of those ads on t.v. recently. They're relatively new too.
    I must say though, that Skittles pox one is just SO... silly!
    Whoever thought that one up needs some kind of transplant I think.

The esso ad with the silly brat in the back of the car, and the stupid woman / bitch (mother) at the wheel making equally stupid car noises : I'm going to find this particular one EXTREMELY ANNOYING after about 3 or 4 forced views of the damned thing! :-/

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally find the stupid woman there to be more annoying than the silly brat in the back.

It's usually typical of kids nowadays to behave in this way, (they would usually make these noises when playing with toy cars for e.g.) and copy similar behavior from other kids too.

But for the older woman who's sat at the wheel of the car.... that to me is just INCREDIBLY childish of that stupid woman! I mean..... she's supposed to be a fully grown adult. But she certainly does NOT act like one on this silly advert the way I see it! It's just very childish of her! She should act her age, NOT.... her shoe size for gods sakes. :p
    The Galaxy Advert with Audrey Hepburn - only so many times I can listen to Moon River in an hour.

I quite like that advert. I like to sing along with it to "Moon River" by myself sometimes, as I quite like that song.
    But having said that, as with anything, I am now starting to get a bit fed up of seeing it for about the 50 billionth time. *Sigh!* :cool:
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AA = I think the idea was to show they'll deal with any customer, but to me, I'm getting hints of "We'll just treat you like a weirdo and then laugh about you behind our backs"

Not really the message they're looking for

And I really like the TripAdvisor:blush:
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new(?) lastminute one with the manic couple (scruffy older beardie, girl in red/white dress) dancing around and doing the 'magic doorways' travel thing and the fake happy grinning spontaneity which really grates and not to mention the guy looks like a tramp the girl rented for the week.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I know last week I mentioned the 3 ad with the muppet .... but why did you lot have to change the lyrics to "alright" :confused: .... now its terrible .... on the other side of it are East 17 getting royalties from this I wonder :o

I'm confused.
    What was it changed from?
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    I'm confused.
    What was it changed from?

They haven't been changed, just edited.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the advert where the mother fails to copy her son making the car noises.
    Makes me chuckle.
    No idea what its selling as usual
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,084
    Forum Member
    Travel Zoo with the woman and man pretending to be seals >:(
  • Options
    Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member

I was just coming here to mention this one. Do not understand it. Just bloody weird!

Another vote for Skittles too. That's disgusting, makes me feel sick whenever I see it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

TBF though... she is lovely to look at until that moment so I'm gonna forgive :D

And while find a lot of adverts annoying, a lot of them I find quite good but they all have one thing in common.... there are some people who will do literally anything in furtherance of their careers not matter how stupid they look. :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A couple I was going to mention have recently been posted about.

Some advert shouting Book! Book!

the one with the seals. It must be heartbreaking for an actor to have to start off doing jobs like that, especially if they make it famous.
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is also "Gala la la, Gala la la......" and "B.I.N.G.O (instead of D.I.S.C.O)" to the change the lyrics to fit the product list of adverts.

Yes. Yes. I posted about this one too !! The woman on the ship. Seriously worst advert ever! Looks like it cost £5.99 to make !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    TBF though... she is lovely to look at until that moment so I'm gonna forgive :D

And while find a lot of adverts annoying, a lot of them I find quite good but they all have one thing in common.... there are some people who will do literally anything in furtherance of their careers not matter how stupid they look. :D

Being a woman myself I wasn't thinking how lovely she looks :p:D

The only advert I love is for Cathedral City when someone buys their cheese a siren goes off and they all have a "cheese party" and start dancing :D The woman in the office and the old guy pole dancing in the factory crack me up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just seen a woman dancing with hula hoops for feet.........it's bloody awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Being a woman myself I wasn't thinking how lovely she looks :p:D

The only advert I love is for Pilgrim's Choice when someone buys their cheese a siren goes off and they all have a "cheese party" and start dancing :D The woman in the office and the old guy pole dancing in the factory crack me up!

Sorry to quote my own post, just realised my mistake and put an edit in :blush: Obviously the advert didn't do its job as I got the wrong cheese! :D
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Esso.

The stupid kid pretending to make the racing car noises then his stupid mother doing the same at the end before it being dubbed over the top.

Another stupid left hand drive advert too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The man who does the voice over on the Morrisons barbecue advert is really annoying, trying to make charred animal flesh sound erotic...juicy British beef quarter pounders....pulled pork....barbecue bangers.....spice things up....sticky drumsticks He's trying to sound all breathy and seductive but it sounds so hammy. It reminds me of the M&S ads for food years ago with Dervla Kirwan sexing it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it Rupert Penry-Jones doing the Morrisons advert voice overs?
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just seen a woman dancing with hula hoops for feet.........it's bloody awful.

But that's not the worst bit her 'legs' are not her legs but they are fingers with Hula Hoops on the end. You see the little girl pretending to use her fingers for legs at the end of the ad
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    The new LLoyds bank black horse advert....ok the first couple of times....them flaming annoying its on in every advert break.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's not the worst bit her 'legs' are not her legs but they are fingers with Hula Hoops on the end. You see the little girl pretending to use her fingers for legs at the end of the ad

I'd switched it off by then. >:(
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Tripadvisor with the "Book! Book!" dog. Bad sound editing makes the dog's voice much louder than the others.

Aren't there rules and regulations preventing excess volume like that?
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of changing lyrics, how about AO.com changing the Ramones "Hey ho, Let's go" to something that becomes the company name. As cringy as that bloody "All the LIDL things" last Christmas. See what they did there?
    I'm thoroughly sick of hearing that crappy 'Lidl/little' pun crowbarred into every one of their adverts, they evidently think it's a lot more witty than it is. I'm also bugged by their equally smug and overbearing insistence on rebranding themselves as some kind of ersatz Waitrose. No doubt price hikes will soon follow (if they haven't already).
  • Options
    LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Esso.

The stupid kid pretending to make the racing car noises then his stupid mother doing the same at the end before it being dubbed over the top.

I made a reply above to someone else not liking that stupid advert too.
    I find it really very annoying when the stupid bitch /woman / mother starts to chime in with the stupid car noises at the end! She looks very childish to me!>:(

I'm just glad i'm not the only one who really dislikes this stupid advert. :cool:
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lloyds ad would be good if it wasn't for Lloyds Bank. When I first saw it I thought it was for a horse charity.

Me too.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man who does the voice over on the Morrisons barbecue advert is really annoying, trying to make charred animal flesh sound erotic...juicy British beef quarter pounders....pulled pork....barbecue bangers.....spice things up....sticky drumsticks He's trying to sound all breathy and seductive but it sounds so hammy. It reminds me of the M&S ads for food years ago with Dervla Kirwan sexing it up.
    Is it Rupert Penry-Jones doing the Morrisons advert voice overs?

If it is him then ihe might be doing it as an in-joke because he is married to Dervla Kirwan!

Regarding the Galaxy Audrey Hepburn ad. If I nicked a bus driver's hat I'd probably get verbal abuse and accused of theft! I also doubt that Ms Hepburn ever ate any chocolate!
This discussion has been closed.