Options

Homes under the Hammer

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member
    Jocolah wrote: »
    Dion does look a bit awkward at times, but given time I think he'll come across better on camera. I still think they should have just kept it to Lucy and Martin though.

It hasn't always been those two. They tried different presenters in the early years but none were as successful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did my ears deceive me ?

That guy bought a house for £400K and resold it for £500K without spending a tin shekel on it ?

£100K profit, not bad at all.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    Naughty :D:D

Spitting double :D
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Why cant people just buy a house to live it. Why are people always greedy wanting profit.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Why cant people just buy a house to live it. Why are people always greedy wanting profit.

Agree with you. Most of these people who buy to rent out are stopping my children getting on the property ladder >:(>:(

Does Dion have a breathing problem? This is the first time I have watched and he puffs and blows like he is struggling to breath.

He is also rubbish at presenting. Why have 3 presenters!!!!!
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Agree with you. Most of these people who buy to rent out are stopping my children getting on the property ladder >:(>:(

Does Dion have a breathing problem? This is the first time I have watched and he puffs and blows like he is struggling to breath.

He is also rubbish at presenting. Why have 3 presenters!!!!!

I said exactly that this morning, he talks like he's got a wheezy cough all the time!! No real charisma either, still a bizarre addition.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dion's really improved. Good addition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dion is just reading from a script, imagine him speaking with Martin's voice and you'll hear what I mean.

For all I know the other two are reading from a script as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they all have a script. The production schedule means they don't get to faff around coming up with dialogue on location, it's already written by the producer that scouts the properties when deciding which ones to feature on the show. Dion just needs time and for the writers to tailor it more to his style, which seems to be happening. He has a more chilled back "matter of fact" style that's less erratic than Martin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Lost" clip from Series 3: https://youtu.be/L9t45ipGk30

They were so bad!!
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Dizagaox wrote: »

They were so bad!!

Jasmine Birtles is often a guest on the Steve Wright Show talking about finances.
  • Options
    RosebuddyRosebuddy Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I hear a ditty about the infamous Plaster Casters on today's show ?

I'm sure the fragrant Lucy would blush at the thought of such goings on.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »

They were so bad!!

Hey pretty good Rack though
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member

its part of the global asset ponzi from all the free QE money

if interest rates were where they should be at this part of the cycle apx 5%

people wouldnt be chasing yeilds in property

and all these property flippers/spivs would be screwed
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of negativity on here but I'm still enjoying the show and the music puns. No objection here about people doing the work that others can't be bothered to do, making a profit from improving the eventual owner/tenant's living standards.

Today's included
    Mill Hill, Deal https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2130553,1.3869368,29m/data=!3m1!1e3
    Kirkby St, Maryport https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.7156452,-3.4975533,54m/data=!3m1!1e3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I sometimes catch the repeats on Home but can't figure out how a one hour BBC without commercials takes only 50 mins on Home with commercials? :confused:
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creative editing. I sometimes wish the boring talky bits would be edited down a bit more :)