Options

This show isn't for me anymore

docmandocman Posts: 5,024
Forum Member
You know, I love X-Factor, American Idol etc.

I love seeing people with ambition and talent fighting to make a career for themselves.

But that's not what the show is about anymore. I'm just losing interest as it becomes even more just a freak show.

Comments

• Options
    wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After tonight's antics I agree with you.
  • Options
    Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing the hurt in Danyl's face I almost switched off the TV there and then...I have never felt so guilty in all my life...he doesn't deserve that...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly, I'm starting to agree.

Too staged for my liking.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote: »
    After seeing the hurt in Danyl's face I almost switched off the TV there and then...I have never felt so guilty in all my life...he doesn't deserve that...

Guilty? Why do you work for the press? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    It is getting a bit irritating this year, especially as you become more and more aware about how fake it all is, which in turn becomes even more apparent when you have a series like this where overall the standard is pretty poor. When the standard is higher the performances speak for themselves and tend to over ride alot of the manipulation
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm inclined to agree; 3 years ago (Leonas year) was pretty much the only one I really enjoyed; it felt less manipulated and there was better talent.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Danyl thing has absolutely decided me that I will not vote even in the final, which is when I tend to. If I was one of those household which contributes to the viewing figures I wouldn't watch it either. I am speaking as someone who hasn't really taken to Danyl as a singer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    The whole thing is a complete joke now. All the pointless rows and competitiveness of the judges. Bitching, backstabbing, guilt tripping, bad attitudes, strops.....christ, its ridiculous.

And not to mention Simon's 'thats like eating a sandwich in water'...or whatever crap he spouts.
  • Options
    josh1512josh1512 Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree OP, it seems to get worse each week. i dont think its the show though, its the press which is making me think what on earth is happening to the show. for instance danyl tonight, i mean that guy was so confident, and thanks to all the publics agro and bad press they have ruined half of him! is this what the show is about. it really is unbelievable and i cant understand why anyone would want to be on the x factor no more, when all thse absoloute diabolical stories come out which are completly not true. can you imagine something coming out in the media about yourself, which really isnt true and yet you havent done anything wrong. i cant believe why its aloud at all, if this is what the media can do to people on shows like this i really disagree with the show going on personally. when you think back to the first couple of years of x factor, there were bad contestants but no disgraceful media attention etc. where as this year its been terrible, i hope it changes.
  • Options
    Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I'm in agreement here. It's now about which of the 4 judges will win and how much they gang up on them.

Long gone is the best act wanted to win.
  • Options
    dbx125dbx125 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    josh1512 wrote: »
    i agree OP, it seems to get worse each week. i dont think its the show though, its the press which is making me think what on earth is happening to the show. for instance danyl tonight, i mean that guy was so confident, and thanks to all the publics agro and bad press they have ruined half of him! is this what the show is about. it really is unbelievable and i cant understand why anyone would want to be on the x factor no more, when all thse absoloute diabolical stories come out which are completly not true. can you imagine something coming out in the media about yourself, which really isnt true and yet you havent done anything wrong. i cant believe why its aloud at all, if this is what the media can do to people on shows like this i really disagree with the show going on personally. when you think back to the first couple of years of x factor, there were bad contestants but no disgraceful media attention etc. where as this year its been terrible, i hope it changes.

Agreed. I know being in the press and limelight is all part of the musician buisness...but really, how can those journalists and people who say disgusting things, really justify these things?? Saying someone is less popular than Hitler!! WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THAT DOING TO ANYONE?? IS that what i spend 40p on the paper for?? To see a man being slandered and destroyed for taking an interest in music....disgusting...pure disgust.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Its still just so fustrating.
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member

did you not notice the hurt in the twins' faces when they get booed? It's not their fault the judges put them through and it's not their fault the public votes for them - but as Louis said, they give their all all the time and deserve support, not hate. Danyl should grow up and get on with it, just like them and Rachel! :mad:
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Froggie72 wrote: »
    did you not notice the hurt in the twins' faces when they get booed? It's not their fault the judges put them through and it's not their fault the public votes for them - but as Louis said, they give their all all the time and deserve support, not hate. Danyl should grow up and get on with it, just like them and Rachel! :mad:

Oh I noticed the hurt on the twins faces and they shouldnt have been booed.

What has been thrown at both them and Danyl this week has been disgraceful. One caller on Xxtra Factor said it was akin to bullying.

ITs why this show isnt working for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dbx125 wrote: »
    Agreed. I know being in the press and limelight is all part of the musician buisness...but really, how can those journalists and people who say disgusting things, really justify these things?? Saying someone is less popular than Hitler!! WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THAT DOING TO ANYONE?? IS that what i spend 40p on the paper for?? To see a man being slandered and destroyed for taking an interest in music....disgusting...pure disgust.

i understand jounalists lie about stories, but to call danyl all these things, saying he is a bully, talking about his sexuality etc is horrific. it makes you wonder about the journalist, i wouldnt want to know one at all if thye are this vile. how do people like them get jobs, if they are a journalist they should at least do they job properly instead of ruining peoples lifes. because im not an overly confident person, and if someone was to expose me ina way danyl has been which isnt true i would be damn right heart broken and not want to even go out and do anything!
  • Options
    wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's all leaving a a nasty taste in my mouth this year.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    After tonight's antics I agree with you.

If it were not for my fav.,I would just turn off - once he has gone I won't be watching it is just like a bun fight. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i mean when you see all danyls friends, and family and school kids calling out to danyl saying they 'love him' and 'they are backing him' etc makes you think how can someone be treated like this. its sad in a way, i feel really sorry for him, if he was such a bad person he would have been chucked off the show like the lass from x factor 4, danyl hasnt done anything wrong at all.
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    those twins have guts really to get up, and they are only 18, and go out infront of a crowd and know they are going to get booed at. They have been given a bad press this week but got up there and did their stuff.
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    The Danyl thing is staged so he can regain some popularity. Just another way in which the show tries to manipulate the viewers and it seems to have worked. He'll definitely be safe this week - then we'll have his rebirth next week and the circle is complete.

I wonder who will get picked on next?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Froggie72 wrote: »

I agree, these people are putting themselves out their for our entertainment and to fulfil their own hopes and dreams, todays media seems to be on never ending mission to knock people on their arses for no reason at all. Danyl doesn't deserve the hate campaign but at least he does not have to put up with the disgusting abuse meeted out by the live audience to john and edward every week, especially infront of their family who must be gutted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said to my mum the other day, if the tit **** twins get through on Sunday.then thats it cheerio X-Factor.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree if you feel guilt over someone not being able to sing, you shouldn't be allowed a tv set.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I totally agree.. I am actually thinking of not bothering with it anymore..it is just a TV spectacle and nothing else
    docman wrote: »

I love seeing people with ambition and talent fighting to make a career for themselves.

But that's not what the show is about anymore. I'm just losing interest as it becomes even more just a freak show.
  • Options
    Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    docman wrote: »

Bye Bye.