Twitter celebs need to be less senstive?

13»

Comments

• egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you've never had someone make jokes about any members of your family who might have died ?

Maybe you have a relative who took their life ?. Maybe you'd like someone to make jokes about them ?

Maybe then you'll see how easy it is "just ignore it" :rolleyes:

Nope.But if someone I didnt know on Twitter did I wouldnt shut down my account,Id report them and block them,end of. Or heaven forbid ignore them.:rolleyes:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I take it you've never had someone make jokes about any members of your family who might have died ?

Maybe you have a relative who took their life ?. Maybe you'd like someone to make jokes about them ?

Maybe then you'll see how easy it is "just ignore it" :rolleyes:
    Yes, they'd all be on here screeching and whinging about it, for sure. It's so easy to tell someone to do something, when it hasn't yet happened to you.
  • tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What that kid said was appalling, but in fairness he apologised,which really is unusual on there and seems deeply sorry for his stupid crass remark.
    Michael Barrymore gets horrific stuff thrown at him. :( Really really sick stuff,and no matter what you think of him you have to admire his restraint over it. It's just a bitch-fest on there.
  • UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a Twitter account. Its way too negative in my opinion and I do think it breeds bullying of celebs as well as just normal people. Of course there is some good in it but I just wouldn't open myself up to that sort of nastiness.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UpInMyFace wrote: »
    I don't have a Twitter account. Its way too negative in my opinion and I do think it breeds bullying of celebs as well as just normal people. Of course there is some good in it but I just wouldn't open myself up to that sort of nastiness.

I agree. I have enough hassles in my life, so don't need to have arguments or receive negative comments from total strangers.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    I agree. I have enough hassles in my life, so don't need to have arguments or receive negative comments from total strangers.

I'm amazed how many celebrities have Twitter accounts. Internet's a huge time waster anyway (as I'm proving to myself as I type:o) But why would anyone want to give access to morons to insult and taunt them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The truth is that Twitter is the tool of the narcissist. Whether they be a celebrity or not.
    Celebrities appear to adore Twitter so much because of what they believe it gives to them personally.
    If you go onto Twitter to speak to the world and you want people to 'follow' you, then I think it's fair to say that at some level or another you do it to seek attention.
    It's a dream come true for the hardcore narcissist.

I have a Twitter account and I'm not a narcissist. I use it to campaign for animal welfare and a bloody good tool it is for people who wish to raise awareness :)
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too thick to get to grips with the whole thing.:o

Is there an idiots guide for folk like me?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood Twitter anyway. I don't understand how you reply to anything on there. No, I've never understood Twitter.