Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enterprise Car Hire

Truvia

Any advert that asks you to go to Facebook. I don't have and will never have a Facebook or Twiiter account!
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right now i am sick and tired with the amount of ads about death. I get it that we need to be aware of Cancer and other illnesses but how are we supposed to live a normal life with constantly being told that we can have this and that ?

It's every ad break now and it's depressing.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    samwalk wrote: »
    Gambling ads.

Online gambling ads.

Online gambling ads that emphasis excitement and community - how sad does someone have to be to sit at home playing online bingo or routlette kidding themselves they have company?

They make me feel depressed:)
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the Beyonce O2 advert.

Yuck! Made me feel physically sick.

I was genuinely surprised that at the end she didn't bend over backwards and insert her head right up her own backside. ;)

Obnoxious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loathe the John Frieda Frizz Ease ad.

'What can you do with frizzy hair?...make it go away'

So, surely you can't do ANYTHING with frizzy hair then, if you have to make it go away? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe the John Frieda Frizz Ease ad.

'What can you do with frizzy hair?...make it go away'

So, surely you can't do ANYTHING with frizzy hair then, if you have to make it go away? :confused:

As someone with curly frizzy hair I can tell you Frizz ease is pretty useless but Argan oil and blow drying works wonders.:D
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    are the sky go adverts supposed to be annoying on purpose? i thought the guy who had some of it was annoying but the one who thinks watching tv on an ipad is the same as him imagining watching tv on his watch is worse and the latest one is even worse than that.

the mcdonalds advert with the kid whos alright, just punch the little f***** then see if hes alright
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    are the sky go adverts supposed to be annoying on purpose? i thought the guy who had some of it was annoying but the one who thinks watching tv on an ipad is the same as him imagining watching tv on his watch is worse and the latest one is even worse than that.

the mcdonalds advert with the kid whos alright, just punch the little f***** then see if hes alright

Aren't the people in the Sky iPad ads a repulsive bunch. I thought people in ads were meant to be aspirational, or at least people viewers could identify with.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairness wrote: »
    Aren't the people in the Sky iPad ads a repulsive bunch. I thought people in ads were meant to be aspirational, or at least people viewers could identify with.
    Especially the guy in the cap 'avin some of that'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Fairness wrote: »

What's the big deal with these mobiles?
    Way back in 1989 I bought a Panasonic pocket LCD TV which you could use on train/bus or whatever.
    Decades ago you could listen to the radio on the move with -surprise surprise - a pocket radio.
    Come on - give us something really different:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I see they've edited the colgate advert. The woman now just says "a little blood" and not "isn't that normal" to make her sound less like an idiot

Heavily paid dental expert / actor / tosspot :
    "Bleeding gums COULD be a sign of gum disease."

Me:
    "It also might not be. Screw off."
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    The advert featuring the baby dancing Gangham Style. The fad is over. Let it go. Plus the dad is played by the same actor who played the annoying bank manager ads from some time ago. Seriously, find new actors. Stop recycling the same old faces

The "WHICH" computer ad featuring the dumb woman who says "I just got a laptop, and I've been told to back up my files". Nah sweetie, don't bother doing that. Just leave all your files on one hard drive. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

The Sky advert with the guy talking about how his mate started watching TV on his iPad or something. Aside from a Brokeback Mountain vibe, if I was that guy, I'd be pissed off that during a relaxing fishing outing, my mate was watching the Love Machine.

I've also noticed that the advert where the girl points at things she wants her father to buy her has replaced "parasites" with "bundles of joy" when describing obviously spoiled and obnoxiously demanding children.
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I've also noticed that the advert where the girl points at things she wants her father to buy her has replaced "parasites" with "bundles of joy" when describing obviously spoiled and obnoxiously demanding children.

Parasites was definitely more appropriate! ...perhaps bundles of joy before materialistic traits developed ;)

I do feel that this type of ad is almost giving permission/encouraging young people to expect too much from parents and not provide for themselves.
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuvok wrote: »
    Enterprise Car Hire

Truvia

Any advert that asks you to go to Facebook. I don't have and will never have a Facebook or Twiiter account!

Agreed.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That poseur in the L.V.ad, obviously filmed somewhere continental, and nowhere near Liverpool.

The dancing bloke in the Starburst ad with his Gallic or American Jewish shrug, palms out, not an Anglo Saxon mannerism.:confused:
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »

I was genuinely surprised that at the end she didn't bend over backwards and insert her head right up her own backside. ;)

Obnoxious!

I thought it was going to end with with Rihanna and
    Nicky Minaj dressed as Jacobins dragging Beyonce
    to the gullotine. :D
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert featuring the baby dancing Gangham Style. The fad is over. Let it go. Plus the dad is played by the same actor who played the annoying bank manager ads from some time ago. Seriously, find new actors. Stop recycling the same old faces

The "WHICH" computer ad featuring the dumb woman who says "I just got a laptop, and I've been told to back up my files". Nah sweetie, don't bother doing that. Just leave all your files on one hard drive. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

The Sky advert with the guy talking about how his mate started watching TV on his iPad or something. Aside from a Brokeback Mountain vibe, if I was that guy, I'd be pissed off that during a relaxing fishing outing, my mate was watching the Love Machine.

Spot on Barry, I detest those Ayesha will die adverts, we get it but we really don't care because most of us have money issues without sending money to fatten up some kid who probally does not exist.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    African hungry child appeals. I'm sorry. I sympathise with the child, but African society isn't going to improve until tribal boundary wars, diamond conflicts, Catholic misinformation regarding HIV/AIDS, political corruption, resource mismanagement, crime, lack of gay and women's rights and Islamic fundamentalism aren't eradicated.

Until that happens, it doesn't matter how much money you send to a kid with flies around his face.

I also don't like the Jobsite advert, featuring the scary guy who looks like a serial killer.

I especially hate World Wide Fund for Nature promos for jaguars. I love cats and dearly wish for the protection and preservation of big cats, but WWFN irritated me so much with their obnoxious behaviour towards the WWE regarding the initials, that I won't give them a damn penny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    They make me feel depressed:)

Saw another online gambling ad last night. A young happy professional couple come home, roll out a tablecloth that transforms into a projected image of a roulette wheel.

Then they sat on the couch, apart, and spent the evening clicking buttons with no human interaction, ignoring each other.

Sad.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It is because the lass is quite a good looker
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sainsbury's Brand Match

Just seen it and read the first line of small print.

Excludes minis, locals, online and 18 supermarkets.

Why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One more, the ad for the Daily Mail (boo, hiss) 2 Day Diet Plan.

Just diet 2 days a week and you too can look like Samantha Brick.
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    samwalk wrote: »
    One more, the ad for the Daily Mail (boo, hiss) 2 Day Diet Plan.

Just diet 2 days a week and you too can look like Samantha Brick.

LOL :D I wondered about that one as well, does that mean I can live on takeaways and cake the rest of the week and still lose weight? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate both of these adverts but it made me laugh...

Sensedyne toothpaste --- "certain % of dentists recommend using it"
    Colgate toothpaste --- "The toothpaste dentists use"

Now it's something like that....made me laugh, they recommend Sensedyne toothpaste the most expensive one but they use Colgate?
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »

Obnoxious!

Pretentious is Beyonce middle name. I'm sick of seeing her face plastered everywhere.
This discussion has been closed.