lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why...why? Who advised her? Just rubbish
Total own goal, I was so disappointed

Comments

• BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Obviously a member of the production team had a quiet word in her ear. A slot on a cruise ship if she makes a mess of it for some added drama.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    She was stitched up by a production member. She was forced into singing that tripe
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of agree with these comments, it surely couldn't have been her decision,,they threw her under a bus, ridiculous!
  • spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is she and what did she do with Modupe?
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doing everything they can to ensure Alice gets through.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Surprised if that was her decision, too different from her audition. And the two young boys singing Taylor Swift, wonder if that was their choice too. Production team been mucking about with the acts tonight - making way for Alice and Jack I guess.
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    Surprised if that was her decision, too different from her audition. And the two young boys singing Taylor Swift, wonder if that was their choice too. Production team been mucking about with the acts tonight - making way for Alice and Jack I guess.

Totally agree with this. Couple of acts who could have challenged the two "favourites" have been ruined tonight, or put on first, like the dancers, so no chance.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,973
    Forum Member
    Another Jessica Hobson instant it seems (where she probably didn't choose the song).
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It went against everything that the judges put her through for. Its a shame the production team have to resort to this in order to try and get their star acts through.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever allowed that to happen should be sacked. They ruined that poor girl's career
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Donna65 wrote: »
    Doing everything they can to ensure Alice gets through.

did not work though did it? :D
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers messed up her whole act. I wondered why they gave her so little air time with her audition too. Stinks of X Factor.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, her act was so different. What was that song she was singing ?
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have done what Ruth did and refused to sing it. That's what annoys me the most about Simon and his backroom team forcing you to sing something you would'nt normally.

The acts on X Factor without him can pick the sings they want, but when he's not there he still has full control over everything like sneaky digs in the press with contestants he doesn't like or want to win planted by him and his team.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lightblues wrote: »
    Why...why? Who advised her? Just rubbish
    Total own goal, I was so disappointed
    It wasn't an own goal. They didn't want to her to take votes of the blessed Gabz
    SamuelW wrote: »
    She was stitched up by a production member. She was forced into singing that tripe
    Agreed
    YaffiYuk wrote: »
    Whoever allowed that to happen should be sacked. They ruined that poor girl's career

They can't sack Cowell:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I didn't understand why she sang a Justin Bieber song again
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its was an awful mess, she should have came with her guitar and do an acoustic performance.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Valerian wrote: »
    I agree, her act was so different. What was that song she was singing ?

It was actually the same artist she sang in the audition (Justin Bieber), but the original arrangement, which makes it worse!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valerian wrote: »
    What was that song she was singing ?

Justin Bieber - Beauty and a Beat
  • spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a talent contest. You go on the audition with a talent and if it's judged good enough you progress to the semi finals. You are not then expected to show versatility, you are there to demonstrate your talent again. She knows that and would not choose to make such a change (she'd have been as well telling jokes for that would have been just as different from her audition).

She was obviously told to change by Simon's team. She's bound by her contract not to disclose any such decisions so has to be seen to take it on the chin.

Simon meanwhile criticises her for changing her act, "Either the advice you got was bad, or you made a mistake".

It's one side of this show I detest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowell ruined her chances of going through without any doubt.
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    spikydog wrote: »
    It's a talent contest. You go on the audition with a talent and if it's judged good enough you progress to the semi finals. You are not then expected to show versatility, you are there to demonstrate your talent again. She knows that and would not choose to make such a change (she'd have been as well telling jokes for that would have been just as different from her audition).

She was obviously told to change by Simon's team. She's bound by her contract not to disclose any such decisions so has to be seen to take it on the chin.

Simon meanwhile criticises her for changing her act, "Either the advice you got was bad, or you made a mistake".

It's one side of this show I detest.

Why would you sign such a contract?

Even so... refuse to sing that tripe and go out and do something completely different or go out there with a sign telling the nation... it's live. If they refused to let you perform, then take THAT on the chin and sell your story as an expose. The contestants are the problem, they allow it to happen year after year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a talented singer, and now she is out of BGT she can go back to doing her own thing, and still make a good career for herself.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed, and I agree that I don't necessarily think it was her choice.

xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that she goes on to do well.