CS - Nick and Carla

craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if there's already a thread on this but I couldn't find it.

Has there been any confirmation of Nick and Carla actually getting together? I'm all for it if so, but it seems to have come out of nowhere!

What happened to him and Kim Tate?!

Comments

• Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're both boring. As are Callum and Sarah.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did Erica go? 😞
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,929
    Forum Member
    Deleted - posted twice
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did Erica go? 😞

I have no idea!! I remember her showing up and having a convo with Nick a few weeks ago but I don't remember any explanation of where she went to next....did she give Liz some flannel about having a mother nearby?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I have no idea!! I remember her showing up and having a convo with Nick a fe weeks ago but I don't remember any explanation of where she went to next....did give Liz some flannel about having a mother nearby?

It's pretty shoddy isn't it?
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,929
    Forum Member
    Nick and Carla are ok together, but I wish the writers would stop this musical chairs thing with Nick, Leanne, Carla and Peter.

I don't know why they bothered bringing the Kim Tate one in at all if that's the end of her :confused:
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are terrible together, a total mismatch. He's far too wet and boring for her.

Also when he first returned didn't they clash as he rejoined Underworld for a while? Or am I imagining that. I just think it's far too convenient and lazy. They have nothing in common, other than being involved with Peter and Leanne!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are terrible together, a total mismatch. He's far too wet and boring for her.

Also when he first returned didn't they clash as he rejoined Underworld for a while? Or am I imagining that. I just think it's far too convenient and lazy. They have nothing in common, other than being involved with Peter and Leanne!

Yeah I think you're right about Underworld. I think Nick invested in the business when Carla was in a bind, then he kinda tried to take over so she forced him out at the earliest opportunity.

They seem to always have had a kind of frienemy type relationship since then, but I think they do have chemistry, I wouldn't be averse to seeing them together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Nick and Carla are ok together, but I wish the writers would stop this musical chairs thing with Nick, Leanne, Carla and Peter.

I don't know why they bothered bringing the Kim Tate one in at all if that's the end of her :confused:
    Carla isn't OK with anyone, but it won't last long. Erica will send her packing.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Blackburn wants to paid up these two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Carla isn't OK with anyone, but it won't last long. Erica will send her packing.

Oh God let's hope Carla isn't heading for a feud with Tracy AND Erica!
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its an awful idea, she's absolutely unreal and should be shacking up with some top male eye candy. Cant stand nick, he's so boring and he probably still gets Gail to breastfeed him :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m-river wrote: »
    Its an awful idea, she's absolutely unreal and should be shacking up with some top male eye candy. Cant stand nick, he's so boring and he probably still gets Gail to breastfeed him :o

I dunno, I kinda like Nick. He's not bad looking and is relatively successful in business. He's quite intelligent and witty, it seems silly that he'd still be on the shelf. That said, I don't think Carla would go for him, but I do want to see both of them happy, so I'll see how this turns out.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather not see both characters in a relationship together. Their history by association is what jars with me. They were both part of the long-running love square with Leanne and Peter, and that's where I'd like their link to remain. Let's not forget that Nick did his best to shaft Carla in business a number of years back when he returned to the Street and worked in Underworld. Furthermore, I like the idea of two equally successful professionals of the opposite sex co-existing in the same area, but not becoming romantically involved. I have to admit that there is a certain level of chemistry between the actors, but physically Nick doesn't quite seem to fit Carla's usual flawed alpha male type. Nick is certainly flawed but is in no way an alpha male.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather not see both characters in a relationship together. Their history by association is what jars with me. They were both part of the long-running love square with Leanne and Peter, and that's where I'd like their link to remain. Let's not forget that Nick did his best to shaft Carla in business a number of years back when he returned to the Street and worked in Underworld. Furthermore, I like the idea of two equally successful professionals of the opposite sex co-existing in the same area, but not becoming romantically involved. I have to admit that there is a certain level of chemistry between the actors, but physically Nick doesn't quite seem to fit Carla's usual flawed alpha male type. Nick is certainly flawed but is in no way an alpha male.
    [/

I agree here completely but wonder if they have some purpose for a new power couple on the cobbles?

I'd actually love to see Kylie return, dump David's ass and shack up with Nick. They had great chemistry
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I said earlier on another thread how I like the rapport they have and they look relaxed in each others company but in a purely platonic relationship . I'll be hitting ff on the remote if they ever get jiggy with eac h other. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger1 wrote: »
    I said earlier on another thread how I like the rapport they have and they look relaxed in each others company but in a purely platonic relationship . I'll be hitting ff on the remote if they ever get jiggy with eac h other. :blush:

In the spoilers next week it says that he goes in to underworld to give Carla a good old rattling but he's drunk and ends up muffing sally instead, then Tim finds out.

It was never gonna take off anyway, Carla's too much of a raging sort to be hopping onto that stick
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Nick and Carla together.
    I think Carla has realised she needs a bloke that won't cause her grief every 5 minutes.

It should be built on friendship rather than sex.
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Nick and Carla together, think they have great chemistry together and are a good match as they both own a business and have had many troubled relationships. Nick is punching slightly above his weight but I'm all for it being as I'd love to be him right now. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Nick and Carla together.
    I think Carla has realised she needs a bloke that won't cause her grief every 5 minutes.

It should be built on friendship rather than sex.

Agreed that their relationship is likely to be based on friendship and a mutual need for affection. I think we may be likely to see the start of a relationship that comes to a premature end when they realise they're both just lonely....do we really need to see Nick in yet another non-starter of a relationship though?

Stick him back with Leanne or with the true love of his life...Kylie!
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the spoilers next week it says that he goes in to underworld to give Carla a good old rattling but he's drunk and ends up muffing sally instead, then Tim finds out.

It was never gonna take off anyway, Carla's too much of a raging sort to be hopping onto that stick

I actually agree with you on this one......I like Nick...but he's not for Carla...and I think Carla would appreciate him as a friend but certainly not has a lover...
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I think it'd be a nice pairing, though possibly bland but I feel that long term characters need bland from time to time to keep them realistic. A perfect example is the rest of Nick's family, drama after drama so that every scene involving them is like a badly written farce.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, I agree. Why doesn't Carla go looking for some beefcake beyond the Street.

The show is soooooo incestuous - not in the literal form. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I agree. Why doesn't Carla go looking for some beefcake beyond the Street.

i know right? absolutely appalling. as if a solid 10 would go for a 5 at best, i mean alright if he had personality and wit but he doesn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good idea - FAR beyond the street - on a one-way ticket.