Options

Disgusting! - Hayley last AGAIN!!

Comments

• Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I too found Hayley's performance mesmerising - but crowing over those who don't support is not good form.

Frightfully unBritish.

Whatever, it makes you feel good:D
  • Options
    y0david6y0david6 Posts: 4,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hayleys my favourite im so happy so got full marks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Me thinks OP is having a tantrum :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But maybe a hand? Allegedly? :D

Only winding you up - she was excellent tonight. She performed a difficult routine perfectly; you couldn't really ask for more. Don't think it was the best routine ever but it was the best of the series by a country mile. I think we may be seeing that one on tour.

Hahaha :D Naughty !

I'm glad you enjoyed her routine...so did I ...obv. Lol
    It was probably one of my favorite routines, but I can absolutely see why others will prefer others...Ray last year was just in a league of his own. I hope she performs that on tour...a crowd pleaser :P
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever, it makes you feel good:D
    You perhaps - not me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    You perhaps - not me.

I apologize
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Anecdotally, it does happen.

I was ready to switch off when Hayley was done performing. I was bored through the show and the ONLY thing that stopped me from switching off was waiting for her. If she was on at the start I wouldn't have bothered with much of the rest.
    -Sid- wrote: »
    It's all about building up people's anticipation.

Had Hayley skated first with her routine tonight, the rest of the show would have felt a bit flat. Even if viewers didn't turn off, they probably wouldn't have enjoyed the show as much as if it finished on the high that it did.
    Look at it this way. If DOI had normal DOI viewing figures in Ray's year, then it doesn't look like many viewers were watching because of Ray, because having Ray in that series hadn't made any significant difference to the audience size.

In a case like that, it seems questionable to think lots of viewers would have turned off after Ray performed.

OTOH, if there were unusually many viewers that year, ...

Even better, if we saw the every 5 minute totals, or something like that, we could see whether the number dropped when Ray finished (if he ever wasn't last).

And similarly for Hayley, of course.
    Tissy wrote: »
    Perhaps it works in the same way when someone`s favourite leaves - I know people who weren`t going to bother watching tonight because Emily was voted out last week.

If Mikey was the public`s favourite perhaps ITV will see the viewing figures dropping next week ?
    Yes, that's the sort of thing -- a fall in viewing figures -- that would be some hard evidence. But people saying they won't watch isn't. For one thing, often people say that but watch anyway. For another, we have no way of knowing how typical they are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posy_snaps wrote: »
    If I were in the competition, I would want her skating last. Would you want to go on after she'd skated? I know I wouldn't.

Exactly ... it suited Danny being on first and following Hayley would put anyone off their routine.

I dont understand the Hayley hate. What is it with people hating someone just because they are good at something. She was fantastic tonight and deserved her perfect score.
  • Options
    emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larkenn wrote: »
    Exactly ... it suited Danny being on first and following Hayley would put anyone off their routine.

I dont understand the Hayley hate. What is it with people hating someone just because they are good at something. She was fantastic tonight and deserved her perfect score.

I agree. I don't understand why people are so horrible about her.
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larkenn wrote: »

I agree.

If she wasn't a good skater, she wouldn't get complicated routines.
    Jane and Chris try to push people and get the best from them. They have no reason to favour Hayley, it's just that she's capable of doing more.
    The panel is made up of 3 professional skaters; they know what it's like, and what they're looking for. I don't think they have personal favourites. Favouritism would be if they were addicted to Emmerdale (or EE, or liked Boyzone) and put Hayley (or whoever) through each week ONLY because of that, irrespective of their skating. If Hayley wasn't delivering, they'd soon tell her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emzi27 wrote: »
    I agree. I don't understand why people are so horrible about her.

I agree as well, although I now think that people will (and should!) be kinder towards her, as she has now came up with something spectacular that shows off her true ability. Let's just say if she is leading the 'week 9 least favorite couple' then I will probably not log on to this forum again.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG she was so head and shoulders above the rest it was embarrassing.

I think putting her on last .. or almost last .. is nerve wracking for her, she always has to wait until practically everyone else has skated.

But the reason they do it is because she is best and they don't want to end the show on a mediocre performance .. the only other skater who never gives a mediocre performance is Kieron .. he always puts his all into it and it shows.

I can't understand why people hate Hayley .. just because she's good!!! and better than the rest, she's not smug about it and she doesn't crow. Wishing she would fall over is just despicable.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has gone on first anyway .. I remember Nicky marking her lower than everyone else and when questioned (and booed) he said that it was because he didn't know what was to come from the other skaters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    OMG she was so head and shoulders above the rest it was embarrassing.

I think putting her on last .. or almost last .. is nerve wracking for her, she always has to wait until practically everyone else has skated.

But the reason they do it is because she is best and they don't want to end the show on a mediocre performance .. the only other skater who never gives a mediocre performance is Kieron .. he always puts his all into it and it shows.

I can't understand why people hate Hayley .. just because she's good!!! and better than the rest, she's not smug about it and she doesn't crow. Wishing she would fall over is just despicable.

Exactly. Could you imagine if Mikey had to follow Hayley's performance ?! I certainly would NOT want to follow Hayley and I think it was the correct decision to put her on last. It's nice to end the show on a buzz...rather than a Mikey.
  • Options
    AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Hayley's performance last night was immaculate and it wouldn't have mattered when she skated.

However, I have always been of the opinion that in these phone-in voting shows, the artists should take it in turns to be either first or last position, or the order of appearance should be determined by lot every week. It's the only fair way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I clocked Hayley's position in the running order last night with annoyance...and then decided that nobody would've wanted to follow that performance, so it was just as well really.

As the number of performers goes down I think it actually starts to matter less when you skate. Going first is a two-edged sword, as producing something OK can either lead to overmarking (not aware of what's in store) or undermarking (waiting to see what else turns up) by judges. Other than that it's no big deal.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of the favouritism shown towards precious Hayley, has she ever skated first? No but Daniella often is one of the first to skate.

I hope Hayley falls, though she will probably be given top marks even then..bet they give her a 6 tonight...

Hayley was amazing last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    It was more hype than substance. Standing still dancing. Being carried around. A little bit of skating. Doing a four spin she only got once before - yeah, o...kay then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I find it ironic people hate the good ones and love the bad ones? Logic?
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member

We Brits love a loser. It means we can have a good moan afterwards. ;)
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duryea wrote: »
    It was more hype than substance. Standing still dancing. Being carried around. A little bit of skating. Doing a four spin she only got once before - yeah, o...kay then.

But as someone pointed out on another thread, she did the spin from a stationary position.

She also had a jump, and her dance movements were in perfect time with Daniel's.

The ice panel - made up of 3 professional skaters - gave her a standing ovation!
    I'd say they thought it was better than ok.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't hate her at all. I can't take to her. I also am not buying into the hype and hysteria, that's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GillT07 wrote: »
    But as someone pointed out on another thread, she did the spin from a stationary position.

She also had a jump, and her dance movements were in perfect time with Daniel's.

The ice panel - made up of 3 professional skaters - gave her a standing ovation!
    I'd say they thought it was better than ok.

Keiron was in perfect time with Brianna, and slower which requires more control.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting it was just okay. My o...kay was disbelief in her assertion that she'd only got it right once before and that this was a fluke. She works hard, so why fib over something she's achieved. Why not be honest and say she was glad she got it. The false modesty is annoying.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiron was in perfect time with Brianna, and slower which requires more control.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting it was just okay. My o...kay was disbelief in her assertion that she'd only got it right once before and that this was a fluke. She works hard, so why fib over something she's achieved. Why not be honest and say she was glad she got it. The false modesty is annoying.

She can't do right for doing wrong - she gets a slow number and her detractors shout unfair - a fast number and we're told slow requires more control.

If she'd found the turn easy she'd have been accused of being smug, because she acknowledged difficulty she's accused of false modesty.

You have no reason to disbelieve her - so why allege she's lying and a fib is a lie - dressed up to sound less offensive.
  • Options
    jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her at all. I can't take to her. I also am not buying into the hype and hysteria, that's all.

Same here!