Walsh and Thornton Ex-X Factor

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO!! Not Kate. :cry: She made the show..

As for Louis, no loss there. But why not get rid of Sharon?
  • Silver RiverSilver River Posts: 1,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they wanted to update the show why not end this silly mentoring by the judges, then at least we'd get an honest critique of all the performances and the judges could save acts because they're good, not just because they are 'my act'.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The programme is utterly flawed because of the inevitable bias displayed by the judges, not to mention their petty in-fighting.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote:
    Isn't Ireland part of the UK?
    You cannot be serious...aaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea97 wrote:
    The show needs people who are in touch with today's youth but still know the demands of the music industry - so I vote for Bruce Forsyth as the new host and Jimmy Saville to be on the judging panel.

Ohhhh and please could ITV move the show at least a month forward in the viewing schedules? No I'm not desperate to see the next series, I just don't want all the clowns who do watch it to dictate what the Xmas no 1 is going to be every year for the rest of my life. :mad:
    The Christmas No.1 would be the least of our worries if we had to contemplate the prospect of this naff programme being on for the rest of our lives. :eek:
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote:
    You cannot be serious...aaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh.

Stop splitting hairs! I've already explained myself in another post!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote:
    Stop splitting hairs! I've already explained myself in another post!

Ahem...you haven't explained this:

It's not splitting hairs to point out if someone appropriates an independent country. You know, it's like saying France is part of England. It is as noteworthy and merits comment at least as much as the occasion when it was famously said that Cambridge is in London and East Angliar is abroad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote:
    Ahem...you haven't explained this:

It's not splitting hairs to point out if someone appropriates an independent country. You know, it's like saying France is part of England. It is as noteworthy and merits comment at least as much as the occasion when it was famously said that Cambridge is in London and East Angliar is abroad.

I refer you to post 74 above :sleep:
  • The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    End-Em-All wrote:
    I refer you to post 74 above :sleep:
    The thing that gets me though is that in one post, you said "Isn't Ireland part of the UK?" That just sounds to me like you thought the entire island was still under British rule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Turk wrote:
    The thing that gets me though is that in one post, you said "Isn't Ireland part of the UK?" That just sounds to me like you thought the entire island was still under British rule.

Perhaps, I should have been clearer. The post I was responding to didn't make the distinction and so I just responded based on that. I am aware of the difference between the two countries not least because my passport still reads "GB and Northern Ireland".

Can we please now get back on topic? Thanks.

Axed Louis Walsh lambasts "outdated" Cowell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Turk wrote:
    Exactly the point and nowhere is it explained why that question was even put.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a stupid decision to get rid of Kate, she held the show together, and was the only normal person there.

God, I hope they don't bring in Fern Cotton, or some other CBBC fodder.
    Forum Member
    End-Em-All wrote:
    Perhaps, I should have been clearer. The post I was responding to didn't make the distinction and so I just responded based on that. I am aware of the difference between the two countries not least because my passport still reads "GB and Northern Ireland".

Can we please now get back on topic? Thanks.

Axed Louis Walsh lambasts "outdated" Cowell.
    Nah. Im enjoying the Ireland topic too much to stop now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zasin wrote:
    God, I hope they don't bring in Fern Cotton, or some other CBBC fodder.

Nothing wrong with Fearne Cotton, how very dare you. :eek:

I'm glad they've scraped diva-Kate, she was truely stuck up her own ar*e. I wouldn't mind if Cat Deeley filled her shoes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brucie117 wrote:
    I could not care less who presents it. I find it best to sky plus the X factor watch the acts and the judges comments, and forward all the promotional shit and adverts in between. You are then left with a nice compact thirty minute show.

It also leaves you free to watch strictly come dancing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Turk wrote:
    Nah. Im enjoying the Ireland topic too much to stop now.
    Is 'enjoying' the right word? Are you revelling in the degree of ignorance or are you a masochist, perhaps?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    n00b wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Fearne Cotton, how very dare you. :eek:

I'm glad they've scraped diva-Kate, she was truely stuck up her own ar*e. I wouldn't mind if Cat Deeley filled her shoes.
    Fearne Cotton is ok but nothing special or particularly interesting. Cat Deeley is utterly vacuous, bordering on moronic.
    The only acceptable replacement I can think of for Kate Thornton would be Zoe Ball - sharp, professional and intelligent. I can actually imagine the show improving with her as host. She made Soapstar Superstar look vaguely credible - no mean feat.
  • EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how a 14 year old would do the live shows, they have to go to school for a start so when would they rehearse? In their lunch hour?!
    Forum Member
    oulandy wrote:
    Is 'enjoying' the right word? Are you revelling in the degree of ignorance or are you a masochist, perhaps?
    Hmm. Good question. :D Im actually not sure myself. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cabinboy wrote:
    The only acceptable replacement I can think of for Kate Thornton would be Zoe Ball - sharp, professional and intelligent. I can actually imagine the show improving with her as host. She made Soapstar Superstar look vaguely credible - no mean feat.

I never did see Zoe Ball on Soapstar Superstar but I did on that Extinct show. I thought she was a sh*t presenter on that. Before then I did quite like Zoe Ball. Since she has been doing work for ITV I very much can see her presenting the X Factor. Anyone has got to be better then Kate Thornton.