[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
Forum Member
WE ****ING LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH :cry::cry::cry:

Comments

• Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WE ****ING LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH :cry::cry::cry:
    Interesting that for the vast majority of their career Queen were absolutely detested by the music press (and the "cool kids").

Yet Freddie can still steal the show (well sort of).
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the best bit of the closing ceremony when they had him "conducting" the crowd...:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Interesting that for the vast majority of their career Queen were absolutely detested by the music press (and the "cool kids").

Indeed. Freddie didn't give a damn and I love that so much. He will live on forever!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Even in death he captures the crowd more than the living.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amen to this. There will never be another Freddie, he was a one off and is still missed to this day more so at times like this when you know he would have rocked that stadium tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »

I love Freddie Mercury,but Muse and the WHO stole the show playing live IMO.:)
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Easily my favourite bit of the night.

I'd do anything to have seen him live.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was the best music act of the night. Eric Idle's bit was good though.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    essexsteve wrote: »
    I love Freddie Mercury,but Muse and the WHO stole the show playing live IMO.:)

Yeah, well Freddie didn't really have that option, did he? :cry:

Even 20 years after his death, he can still hold 80,000 people in the palm of his hand. Greatest front man ever :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »

Definitely :)

This was my easily my favourite bit. After I saw the John Lennon tribute my first thought was that Freddie deserved a tribute too so I'm really glad they did this.

Such a shame Freddie isn't still with us, he really would have stolen the show if he was.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. Freddie didn't give a damn and I love that so much. He will live on forever!

Sort of related,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfu-oko0Fl8

I love this (both Rogers comments and Mr Mercury's)
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »

Even 20 years after his death, he can still hold 80,000 people in the palm of his hand. Greatest front man ever :cool:

If only this forum had a like button ;) Completely agree with you :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well yes i do tend to agree with you.
  • tediouslyrandomtediouslyrandom Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The greatest loss to music, I listen to his music often and when I listen I just think how much he is missed.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I found this bit pretty emotional actually, but I don't think Jessie J was the best choice for the followup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amazing.

You know in America they use Queen music as their chants for their sports.

Freddie will live forever, I'm so sad he died so soon.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bit was great, simply superb, he was the greatest front man and also the greatest showman ever!

Michael Jackson and Elvis were good, but they couldn't hold a candle to Sir Freddie.

The fact that he can still get an audience to react to him says it all really.

A terrible loss to music, it was when he died, and it still is now.

He would have had that whole stadium in the palm of his hand, and he would have loved it!

I do wonder where Paul was though, only Roger and the Doctor turned up.
    Forum Member
    I do wonder where Paul was though, only Roger and the Doctor turned up.

Paul Rodgers? He no longer collaborates with Queen. Besides, he was awful at classic Queen songs in my opinion (don't get me wrong, he's great at his own stuff and Queen + Paul Rodgers stuff, just not classic Queen songs). The latest collaborator with Queen is Adam Lambert. Jessie J wasn't the right choice though for tonight, but nobody compares to Freddie.
  • fitziifitzii Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aw freddie 21 years gone and he can still steal the show!!!
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of Freddie Mercury and Queen as much as anyone.

BUT...

Please tell me I wasn't the only one to find that Freddie section somewhat creepy. He's gone, and it has to be accepted. It just did not feel right, resurrecting him like this, and it shocked me even more when Brian and Roger appeared. How must that have felt to the pair of them? I mean, it really did sound as if Freddie was there and singing live on the very night. Much as I love Queen, I've accepted he's gone from us, and it's almost not letting him rest in peace by doing this. There again, maybe he would have loved what they did here tonight, and doesn't want to rest in peace. Brian and Roger would have known better than anyone I suppose, and seemed fine with it all. But for me, it felt wrong. So did Jessie J grabbing another slice of the action with Queen. What a front the girl has! Keep your hands off. That was totally inappropriate.

We Are The Champions was crying out to be sung tonight. Not yet another rendition of We Will Rock You.
    GB has every right to sing Champions loud and proud. What a chance missed.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    That chunky warbler, Adele, wouldn't go on stage because she had a bit of cough. Freddie was in pain and dying of AIDS, he still went on and performed.

Greatest frontman and performer to have ever graced the music business.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Freddie was an amazing performer, i'm glad they were able to incorporate him without resorting to cheesy gimmicks
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    That chunky warbler, Adele, wouldn't go on stage because she had a bit of cough. Freddie was in pain and dying of AIDS, he still went on and performed
    Not sure why you've chosen to incorporate Adele into a thread that wasn't about her?

Adele didn't have 'a bit of a cough' - she took time out due to a vocal hemorrhage which required surgery - and she's currently in the late stages of pregnancy, as she has a long career ahead of her she needs to protect her voice. Freddie of course should be applauded for putting in such effort at such a hard time in his life, but as you say he was sadly dying- there was no need for him to protect his voice long term.:(
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Not sure why you've chosen to incorporate Adele into a thread that wasn't about her?

Adele didn't have 'a bit of a cough' - she took time out due to a vocal hemorrhage which required surgery - and she's currently in the late stages of pregnancy, as she has a long career ahead of her she needs to protect her voice. Freddie of course should be applauded for putting in such effort at such a hard time in his life, but as you say he was sadly dying- there was no need for him to protect his voice long term.:(

The clip they used looked like the one of him at Wembley Stadium during the A Kind Of Magic tour in summer 1986 from what I could tell, so he was still on tip top form at the time, as this was just a year after his Live Aid show stealer. But he was no doubt HIV at the time but the symptoms didn't start showing until about 1989 or so if you check out old clips and videos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddie was too proud to admit he had AIDS, he loved his audience and they adored him.

So Freddie never died of AIDS.

Even so, he died the greatest performer the world ever saw and was lucky to see.