Options

Assistance needed please

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Need to know what to do about a prank caller hiding behind withheld number whilst using a fake accent. My battle with severe depression was mocked and my troubled sleep was disturbed too. I'm suffering really bad. On a course of medication of sertraline (100mg. My network won't help and I emailed my local police force.

Just to let some of the long term members know, I've finally met a real sweetheart and not a time waster. Was spoilt on Valentines Day.

Comments

• Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Need to know what to do about a prank caller hiding behind withheld number whilst using a fake accent. My battle with severe depression was mocked and my troubled sleep was disturbed too. I'm suffering really bad. On a course of medication of sertraline (100mg. My network won't help and I emailed my local police force.

Just to let some of the long term members know, I've finally met a real sweetheart and not a time waster. Was spoilt on Valentines Day.

Best thing is get your number changed,
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would concentrate on the good things you have in life and ignore this person, it's childish and silly to prank call someone, and as for mocking you, that's unkind and uncalled for. Don't give them the satisfaction of letting them know it has affected you and don't answer your phone to withheld numbers.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you can get some help to sort it all out :)
    I would like to ask you a few questions
    what accent is the prank caller using and what did they say?
    what did you get on Valentine's Day?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could you not just ignore any calls from a withheld number during the day (if it important they will leave a voicemail) and then turn your phone to silent when you go to bed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Change your number / unplug / activate call barring / report to network :)

Don't brother with the police they are too busy eating doughnuts and harrasing motorists .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you can get some help to sort it all out :)
    I would like to ask you a few questions
    what accent is the prank caller using and what did they say?
    what did you get on Valentine's Day?

I won't say what the accent was publicly.

Aftershave, additions to a comedy boxset I'm collecting, an album & chocolate. We had been shopping weeks prior and she remembered what I said I liked and didnt have. :)

The calls came in the night when I was asleep. Woke up and straight away answered. Always worry that its a relative in trouble
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you always want to answer your phone then it seems the only thing you can do is change your number.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly why people take the law into there own hands. I want retrospective punishment dished out on the person who mocked a mental illness. I'm not the type to harm myself but others might. It's easy to say "change your number" but this happens to be a work phone too.

I've had nothing but restless sleep for a month cos' of nightmares. I don't take kindly to some prankster making a mickey mouse out of depression.

I do a brilliant Liam Neeson 'Taken' impression, if i wasnt so tired I'd use it when i pick up to answer.
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than calling the police, a good thing to do would be to call your phone company (not sure if you said if it was a mobile or landline) either way they will be able to track and identify (and most probably bar) the withheld number from their malicious callers department.

Let us know how you get on OP and congrats on your new relationship :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw if you go through the malicious callers dept and they track it, the likelihood is that there will be repercussions for the person making the calls
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't say what the accent was publicly.
    was it a celebrity accent?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its just that Ive spoken to people I know about it and have tried to not give myself away as in the past my threads have probably been quite alarming with regards to my state of mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned my network. They advised me to contact the police. Which I did via email as to not clog up phonelines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ask to be put through to the malicious callers department. They will be able to help you. Emailing the police won't get you very far unfortunately :(