Later.... Series 42

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    and about Haim, looks like the love children of Dave Grohl and Alanis Morrisette. And that bassists face, I hope that's not her cum face cos you'd be petrified :eek:
    Probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Strange girl. :confused:
    I wasn't the only one to notice :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAQ95Vln4I4
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, many "groups" (I won't dignify them with the word "band" unless they include a few musicians playing some of those "shiny instruments where you blow in the small end, wiggle your fingers and the sound comes out of the large end"), seem to have some sort of physical affliction, which require them occasionally cavorting in a manner that might resemble a rabid dog.

It's been getting progressively worse since the halcyon days of "the Shadders' Walk."
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2/8 Jools is joined by Primal Scream
    First song by Primal Scream is a yes from me, good vocals .:D
    Forum Member
    Ana Moura would certainly put life into a party and bring some class to it as well.
    Forum Member
    A few artists on tonight that I haven't heard from for a while with Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, Seasick Steve and Dido.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to seeing Seasick Steve. Can't wait to get his new album soon. Brilliant live artist too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Seasick Steve and his band were great. John Paul Jones was playing his 3k plus Manson made custom bass and Steve was playing a guitar that looked like it was assembled in a car parts scrapyard and then attached to a broomstick. Great performance.
  • ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    yeah,yeah,yeahs hmmmm really not doing it. seasick stev brilliant
  • RecurringRecurring Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I thought tonight was a pretty bad line up tbh. Dido's still just as awful as she was a decade ago, Jacob Banks wasn't great and neither was his song and I've never been particularly interested in Vampire Weekend. I enjoyed Seasick Steve though.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandblast wrote: »
    Seasick Steve and his band were great. John Paul Jones was playing his 3k plus Manson made custom bass and Steve was playing a guitar that looked like it was assembled in a car parts scrapyard and then attached to a broomstick. Great performance.

It probably was made like that! Sounded great though, and good to see JPJ on bass.

Yeah Yeah Yeah's put in a good performance I thought, as did Vampire Weekend. Eric Burdon still has it in spades, even though I was concentrating on the gorgeous long-haired woman sat at the table in the background. As for Dido...utterly mediocre middle class coffee table music.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Watching it now. I love Seasick Steve.
    Forum Member
    He was by far the best performer on the show imo.
    Forum Member
    Not a bad show last night.

I liked the rockabilly band. Thought Peace sounded a bit like The Cure. QotS second song was the better for me.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad show last night.

I liked the rockabilly band. Thought Peace sounded a bit like The Cure. QotS second song was the better for me.

The guitar player in Kat Men is out of Imelda May's band. Great stuff - odd choice though, a Yardbirds song. Texas were as dull as ditch water. QOTSA were the pick of the bunch for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Recurring wrote: »
    I thought tonight was a pretty bad line up tbh. Dido's still just as awful as she was a decade ago, Jacob Banks wasn't great and neither was his song and I've never been particularly interested in Vampire Weekend. I enjoyed Seasick Steve though.

I like Jacob Banks - I think he's a talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    sandblast wrote: »

Didn't he describe it? It is made from two hubcaps, he said, because they make a great natural resonator. Can't remember what he said the bridge came from. I am a bit of a fan of guitars made from found objects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caro Emerald. Worth a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjl890_qwf4

I find a lot of the so called bands appearing on this show, seem "too much of a muchness."

Never let it be said, he doesn't occasionally have someone for pretty much any taste in popular music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Caro, a good singer.

Johnny Marr is on the telly, he has a nice jacket on, I do like a smart man .:D
  • ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Johhny marr still got it
  • WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Loved Caro.

and I bet that Noel Gallagher is watching Johnny Marr and thinking "If I had just 1% of that man's talent, I would be a million times better than I am now!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caro is on the telly again:D

Completely:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bigmouth Strikes Again:D
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Bonnie Raitt was superb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of contemporary singers who are really talented choose jazz rather than pop, but don't get the recognition as it's not a popular genre with young people.
    They can "cut it " live without a lot of digital enhancements.

Like Caro and this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRWqcbfDL8
  • Dr.  OtterblandDr. Otterbland Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caro chooses [ or writes ] songs that suit her small range and vocal style a bit like Lily Allen in that respect, not to denigrate her talent of course.
    Makes a change from the vocal gymnastics and pyrotechnics that female singers seem to think they have to be able to do to be a singer, I blame Whitney, Celine and Bouncy for all that octave warbling and tremulous caterwailing.

Never did see the point of Johnny Marr, he's a top sideman in the mould of Mick Ronson, but not a rock singer.

Bonnie is always good value, great singer and guitarist.

Looking forward to the extended Later.