Xbox One multiplayer & store has been down now for 16 hours.

Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
Forum Member
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Purchase and Content Usage: unavailable
Affected platforms: Xbox One
Affected services: Using prepaid cards or codes for downloadable items or Xbox Live subscription

Social and Gaming unavailable
Affected platforms: Xbox One
Affected services: Joining other Xbox Live members in online games. Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members

25/11/2013 18:21:35 GMT:
If you’re having some issues joining the “Squad Assault” game mode or viewing the leaderboards for Call of Duty: Ghosts, we’ve got your back. We’re hard at work with our partner on getting you back into the game as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience while we work! We’ll update you on our progress as soon as we can.

This is utterly unacceptable.

I know Microsoft had to re-write a lot of the back end XBL code from scratch - even so this is a live environment for paying customers.

MS needs to do better.

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was playing AC4 online last night from around 20:00-0:00, so it hasn't been down for 16 hours! But it says "joining other Xbox Live members", so maybe you just can't join your friends games at the moment?

Although I did think AC4 was very quiet online and hard to find games, and when I played 2 games of CoD, it was showing only 9k or so online, which I did think was low...
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Not been down, for me, at all. Was playing till 3am last night and it works now. Store is up too.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Dan27 wrote: »

Please tell me about your personal experience on Xbox live for the Xbox one Dan, i'm all ears.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Played Forza majority of the night and no problems at all,

Do you actually have XBL?

Me too, was up till almost 11 playing Forza with no issues and all online aspects seemed to be working for me.
  • Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    It's the invite system that's down I think. Doesn't affect multiplayer. I was on COD and DR3 last night without issues.

But thanks for being offended on our behalf.

For the record, I think having no online service for 3 weeks and having your account details hacked is the standard for unacceptable.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Yeah. Kaz had to do the big bow for that.

(anyway, cannot test. At work :( )

Edit: Seen reports of issues with Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. So there *are* issues.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. Kaz had to do the big bow for that.

(anyway, cannot test. At work :( )

Edit: Seen reports of issues with Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. So there *are* issues.

So basically you went full on Helen Lovejoy's "Think of the children! Oh, won't somebody please think of the children!
    Forum Member
    So are you saying that a paid service that is experiencing outage that is confirmed at it's Status Page that has not been resolved in coming up to three quarters of a day is no bad thing?
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've just been playing battlefield 4 on xbox one online :confused:
    Forum Member
    The issue is affecting some games and not others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 "Think of the children! Oh, won't somebody please think of the children!
    Forum Member
    Damn right! I always have concerns for my fellow gamers.

You haven't answered my question though ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But its not impacting me and by the looks of it no one else on here. So your point of asking if I'm happy of paying for a service that i have no issues with is bit of a moot point.

Just guess i'm not as selfless as you obviously are, but I would advise you to look elsewhere as no one has the issues you are concerned about on here
    Forum Member
    So no one on here's playing Dead Rising and Killer Instinct then? Or trying to redeem codes etc?

Sounds about right ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So no one on here's playing Dead Rising and Killer Instinct then? Or trying to redeem codes etc?

Sounds about right ;)

Guess not as most people are working.Nice try though.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sounds about right ;)

Do you even have an xbox one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Guess not as most people are working.Nice try though.
    So in the Ghosts thread where there are several people having trouble redeeming a code - a thread that you've posted in no less - these people are what, lying?
    He doesn't need to own a console to experience it first-hand if Microsoft have confirmed there is an issue.

It would be like saying that the PSN breech didn't occur unless you owned a PS3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't be silly of cause he hasn't
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    He doesn't need to own a console to experience it first-hand if Microsoft have confirmed there is an issue.

It would be like saying that the PSN breech didn't occur unless you owned a PS3.

Ok, cool.

By your logic I'm absolutely Outraged that It was near impossible to even sign into PSN on the US release date of PS4!

I don't live in America nor did I have a PSN account, but Sonys network was piss poor and I'm disgusted.

Is that how it works?
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Well, to be fair Dan27 started off saying Live was down for multiplayer gaming across the One. However, once people started listing all the games they weren't having problems with this suddenly became Dead Rising and Killer Instinct (I do suspect him of certain bridge lurking tendencies though).

As for codes not working - FIFA downloaded no problem for me Saturday from a QR code, but I've had no luck with the Free Fall code on Ghosts all weekend - I suspect this is more to do with fake-IW's general incompetence than a fault with Xbox Live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in the Ghosts thread where there are several people having trouble redeeming a code - a thread that you've posted in no less - these people are what, lying?
    :eek:Sorry didn't realise the rules of posting in Ghosts threads was i had to read all other posts before posting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you experience something first-hand if you don't own the device it's affecting? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, cool.

By your logic I'm absolutely Outraged that It was near impossible to even sign into PSN on the US release date of PS4!

I don't live in America nor did I have a PSN account, but Sonys network was piss poor and I'm disgusted.

Is that how it works?
    If you want to have the opinion, sure.

Fact remains. Microsoft have confirmed this as an issue, so Dan is within rights to post the issue even though he does not own an Xbox One.
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    How do you experience something first-hand if you don't own the device it's affecting? :confused:
    He doesn't need to own the console to (therefore) experience it first-hand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to have the opinion, sure.

Fact remains. Microsoft have confirmed this as an issue, so Dan is within rights to post the issue even though he does not own an Xbox One.

I don't think anyone is denying the right to post about the issue, I think the issue some people take is with the line "This is utterly unacceptable."

Normally it's the people which it directly affects would say something along those lines. Not someone on the outside looking in. Hence the whole Helen Lovejoy reference. :p

Nor is anyone denying it's a bit of a balls up by MS.