Now that Rolfie have split and Kalfie have reunited which couple did you prefer

dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Titles says it poll coming soon

Which do you prefer Alfie with 76 votes

Kat
40%
BathshebaSteveOwenHit Em Up StyleSecretLifeoBeestwingle[Deleted User]Joy DeanRandomPeter94Yoshi FanLouise-ann[Deleted User]BloodRayneKieranDSkazi1976[Deleted User]emmageering[Deleted User]O-JOrigCoolKid[Deleted User] 31 votes
Roxy
21%
Sick BulletMenelausgboyLizzie BrookesHowlin Wolflulu25[Deleted User]sudie58Lady of TrakenRose-Addict[Deleted User]ElleBelle[Deleted User]puppylove7[Deleted User][Deleted User] 16 votes
None of them
38%
cjdoyleEvilredzebraHogs HeadUltraViolet[Deleted User]daycity2shy2007Quackshot80[Deleted User]SuperAPJjimbo23Sorcha_27Hound of Lovewalford-e20[Deleted User]hetty100Its-Gilliandantay24ukLuxray[Deleted User] 29 votes
Both of them
0%

Comments

• RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat
    Definitely Kat and Alfie!! Just keep them together!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    None of them
    neither
    Alfie doesn't love Roxy he loves Kat
    Kat has cheated on Alfie several times and the idiot always takes her back.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    None of them
    None. Not a fan of the characters at all and the less screen time they get the better.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None. Not a fan of the characters at all and the less screen time they get the better.

Agreed.
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them
    How about Coffie. Which is Coffin and Alfie. That's a marriage made in heaven.
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sensibly, (as sensible as EE gets anyway) Alfie and Roxy make more sense. The characters (I use the term loosely) are more suited, there was a more gentle and warm spirit between them, and have affection for each other. But the story writers want to push Kat and Alfie down our throats, presumably because it makes for more misery.

I don't believe Kat has been repaired enough, and I certainly don't believe Kat and Alfie as a couple have been repaired. No doubt, they'll be all kinds of drama thrown at these two for the remainder of the actors contracts. They should have stayed separated for at least another year or two, with only subtle hints of 'will they, won't they'. Getting them back together less than a year after she cheated on him for the millionth time is really pushing the boundaries of even EE's suspension of disbelief. Who knows why these two even want to be together.

That's the problem, the writers don't seem to get why they were popular first time round. They were characters you care for because they were relatively well developed and the 'will they, won't they' was not a forgone conclusion, and more importantly, it was dragged out for a long time and was allowed to simmer. It also had a genuine warmness about it as well, and watchers wanted them to be happy. The pathetic attempt at trying to recapture their original popularity during 2013 hasn't worked. I've never had a problem with the character of Alfie, the show needs a character like him to balance out all the misery and typical miserable male wh0re characters. But leaving your wife at the alter just minutes of marrying her just to run off to your ex, has ruined that character also. It was reprehensible and most definitely not capturing the spirit of their relationship during the first stint.

Honestly, they had more chance of capturing the original 'Kat and Alfie' spirit with the new Alfie and Roxy, than they have trying to rely on previous glory that has since been damaged beyond repair. When Alfie and Roxy first started simmering in the summer of 2012, it had all the ingredients it needed. But they have since blown that chance and turned Alfie and Roxy into an insta romance and plot device for the 'Kalfie' reunion.

Kat and Alfie have never worked since their return, and no person with self respect would go back to a partner who has done what Kat has done as many times as she has done. What woman would go back to an ex who literally just left his new wife at the alter to be humiliated.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    Sensibly, (as sensible as EE gets anyway) Alfie and Roxy make more sense. The characters (I use the term loosely) are more suited, there was a more gentle and warm spirit between them, and have affection for each other. But the story writers want to push Kat and Alfie down our throats, presumably because it makes for more misery.

I don't believe Kat has been repaired enough, and I certainly don't believe Kat and Alfie as a couple have been repaired. No doubt, they'll be all kinds of drama thrown at these two for the remainder of the actors contracts. They should have stayed separated for at least another year or two, with only subtle hints of 'will they, won't they'. Getting them back together less than a year after she cheated on him for the millionth time is really pushing the boundaries of even EE's suspension of disbelief. Who knows why these two even want to be together.

That's the problem, the writers don't seem to get why they were popular first time round. They were characters you care for because they were relatively well developed and the 'will they, won't they' was not a forgone conclusion, and more importantly, it was dragged out for a long time and was allowed to simmer. It also had a genuine warmness about it as well, and watchers wanted them to be happy. The pathetic attempt at trying to recapture their original popularity during 2013 hasn't worked. I've never had a problem with the character of Alfie, the show needs a character like him to balance out all the misery and typical miserable male wh0re characters. But leaving your wife at the alter just minutes of marrying her just to run off to your ex, has ruined that character also. It was reprehensible and most definitely not capturing the spirit of their relationship during the first stint.

Honestly, they had more chance of capturing the original 'Kat and Alfie' spirit with the new Alfie and Roxy, than they have trying to rely on previous glory that has since been damaged beyond repair. When Alfie and Roxy first started simmering in the summer of 2012, it had all the ingredients it needed. But they have since blown that chance and turned Alfie and Roxy into an insta romance and plot device for the 'Kalfie' reunion.

Kat and Alfie have never worked since their return, and no person with self respect would go back to a partner who has done what Kat has done as many times as she has done. What woman would go back to an ex who literally just left his new wife at the alter to be humiliated.

Excellent post, I totally agree.

That's all I can say as you've said it all :)
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »

Completely agree too. I just think the writers are trying to pretend the last three years of their story didnt happen and are trying to get everything back to normal by building up some iconic couples again.

Whilst we all wish the last three years of Eastenders didnt happen sadly they did! The writers should have just killed Alfie off once they knew Danny Dyer was on the way. This would have allowed for much better character development for Kat.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of them
    None of them. I love Kat and like Roxy but cannot STAND Alfie Moon. When Shane Ritchie is asked to play more subtle or emotional scenes he is fantastic but as 99% of the time we have the gurning, cheeky chappie idiot act, he is unbearable.

Even the wedding day scene, in which I thought he played out Alfie's dilemma really well, was completlely ruined by the pathetic pantomime dash through the airport and OTT acting as he begged Kat to come back to him.

So, as it seems that this tedious side of Alfie has to dominate, I'd like to see him leave in the back of a hearse and Roxy and Kat become friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Kat
    Kat is my favorite ee character and Roxy is good as well but I don't like Alfie.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of them
    Alfie doesn't deserve either of them. Spineless gimp