Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Did we notice earlier how she sang the wrong verse in the acoustic video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQ20P46Qwc

At 2:44 she goes "I told you you should never follow me" instead of "I told you never to get used to me" :D
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVED the way she looked during the Hurt campaign. Super stunning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Tbh, 6.5 is pretty high on IMDB, if it's average they most likely get 5.0 - 5.5 or even if they think it's cheesy as hell they'd vote 4.0 so it's doing good :)

Yes!
    Mamma Mia for example has a 6,4, and that's a similar film.
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Listening to Un Love Me and I really think Leona should make a record of songs she can sing live. Un Love Me would be a complete disaster live, I can just picture it. Lovebird is also a mess live, as we all witnessed.

I'm really curios to see what will the next record be like. I think we won't have anyone to blame except Leona as I feel that this time she'll have 100% control.

edit: Listen to me, I'm already thinking about blaming someone, I think I've become a complete pessimist :blush::blush:
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I'm seriously craving for some album/new material related news now... :(
    It would be nice to get some videos of her in the studio or anything. I thought she said she would keep us up to date when she was in the studio...
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Un Love Me and I really think Leona should make a record of songs she can sing live. Un Love Me would be a complete disaster live, I can just picture it. Lovebird is also a mess live, as we all witnessed.

I'm really curios to see what will the next record be like. I think we won't have anyone to blame except Leona as I feel that this time she'll have 100% control.

edit: Listen to me, I'm already thinking about blaming someone, I think I've become a complete pessimist :blush::blush:

Leona slayed Broken live so I doubt Un Love Me would be any problem. Even Run is more difficult to sing live. She had tonsilitis during all Lovebird performances

We can blame Leona for the music, but promo wise it's Island and her team to blame :p (which I think is impossible since they're already slaying and she has nothing to promote)
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find most Leona fans are pessimistic now, mostly because they've been let down so much :p

If you mean in the quality of material on the album, it'll be down to both Island & Leona. It's not like Leona is a songwriter and will sit down to write this album, it'll depend on what material Island can get for her.

edit: she's proved in the past she's very hit & miss when it comes to an ear for music, melody and hit singles so I hope Island will have a tight rein on that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find most Leona fans are pessimistic now, mostly because they've been let down so much :p

If you mean in the quality of material on the album, it'll be down to both Island & Leona. It's not like Leona is a songwriter and will sit down to write this album, it'll depend on what material Island can get for her.
    Yeah you're right about that actually.. And also her label for picking the songs as single
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Did we notice earlier how she sang the wrong verse in the acoustic video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQ20P46Qwc

At 2:44 she goes "I told you you should never follow me" instead of "I told you never to get used to me" :D

It makes more sense, because at 3:05 she belts it again... like making a statement or something like that! :D
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well fingers crossed their A&R guy is as good as Larry Jackson was! He got her in with some amazing people, was such a shame when he left J Records.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listening to Sugar Sweet... I haven't listened to this in aaaaages. I wonder what her career would have been like had she launched in the 90s! Some of her old demos are quite good! (Taking into account she would have had to have been about 18-20 back then so she'd be in her 40s now aha).

And, I do miss Leona's airy vocals, I wonder if she can still sing comfortably that high (eg. Yesterday), it would be nice for her to revisit that vocal style for a couple of tracks (I know she does some light and airy ad libs on Fix Me, but full verses would be nice) :D
  • Options
    saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey folks just sat gazin outa my little old music shop window today half asleep and as in a dream three buses came sailing by ! wow :) each had an advert on it walking on sunshine with Leona on it ! hey ! it said Mama Mia meets pitch perfect he he :) guess that means Leona`s voice !
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know who her A&R guys are? Knowall if you are reading, please get Leona hooked up with Dev Hynes in the studio. He's a musical genius!
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Good news about the IMBD rating! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Leona changed her Instagram account name to 'leonalewis'. Maybe she finally realized that 'horse_shoe_peace' is so hard for ppl to find lol.
  • Options
    Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's about time that Glassheart v1 leaks.
    This. I love the Glassheart that was released but after waiting 2 years to hear the version I thought I was going to hear, I was a bit disappointed. If it's never going to be released as a single, I really wish we could have the original version that was intended when she first recorded the song. :(
    There's two versions of the video aswell, the UK edit is the best version (as apposed to the US one on her VEVO) because the ending is the sadder if you really pay attention.

UK edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqt8sm2uAaw

US edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sprm6GQJ7g
    If I may say so myself, I prefer the US version. :cool::kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Hey folks, I'm new around here :)

I just want to say how incredibly proud I am to be a fan of Leona. I'm not much of a ballad guy, but Leona is an exception lol

After everything she's been through with "Echo" and the "Glassheart" disaster, she deserves so much better and I'm excited for her move to Island Records. I hope that they give her the best material that she and the fans deserve and most of all, treat her with respect as an artist. Looking forward to the new chapter!
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG this performance of Glassheart at G-A-Y was epic!

Leona seemed to have so much fun dancing & performing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz99DU2-wk0

This will always be 'the single that got away' :(

I still pray for the demo version to leak :(
  • Options
    Bunny_MiguelBunny_Miguel Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Hi guys! this is my first time here, so excited to finally have the opportunity to join this appreciation thread! :)

My name is Miguel, and I'm from Portugal! I've been a fan of Leona since she released Collide.. Since then I've been completely addicted! So glad that I found such an amazing artist like her! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys! this is my first time here, so excited to finally have the opportunity to join this appreciation thread! :)

My name is Miguel, and I'm from Portugal! I've been a fan of Leona since she released Collide.. Since then I've been completely addicted! So glad that I found such an amazing artist like her! :)
    darkhaze wrote: »

I just want to say how incredibly proud I am to be a fan of Leona. I'm not much of a ballad guy, but Leona is an exception lol

After everything she's been through with "Echo" and the "Glassheart" disaster, she deserves so much better and I'm excited for her move to Island Records. I hope that they give her the best material that she and the fans deserve and most of all, treat her with respect as an artist. Looking forward to the new chapter!

Welcome! :D
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saxman25o wrote: »
    hey folks just sat gazin outa my little old music shop window today half asleep and as in a dream three buses came sailing by ! wow :) each had an advert on it walking on sunshine with Leona on it ! hey ! it said Mama Mia meets pitch perfect he he :) guess that means Leona`s voice !

Where is your Music shop? Im in Leeds all time so you can have my custom :)
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did they remove from the Happy video? Confused
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welcome to Bunny_Miguel and dark haze

great to have new members on the LLAT
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    darkhaze wrote: »

Hey guys!! Welcome in the best thread ever :) We're always happy to see new bunnies coming.

BTW it's good Leona finally changed her instagram name to "leonalewis". I'm wondering if that name was still free or her team had to ask instagram group for it. Anyway it doesn't matter. People can find her easier now.
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LittleDuck wrote: »
    Leona changed her Instagram account name to 'leonalewis'. Maybe she finally realized that 'horse_shoe_peace' is so hard for ppl to find lol.

she also has a leonalewismusic account which has a post 7 days ago, and that account has a link to the old horse shoe peace account

http://web.stagram.com/n/leonalewismusic
This discussion has been closed.