Options

The Originals (Vampire Diaries Spinoff) Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I think she will return at some point next season as a teenager, why else go to the hassle of having a birth and keeping her around...unless they expect TO to survive 16 years to have a MEGA RETURN!!!!!!!
    Was excited to Mikael return but to see him all Pu**y whipped like that? No thanks. Although he might survive a biit longer now that he isn't hell bent of whiping out Klaus.
    As or Esther and Finn (I guess it's Finn, it could be some follower from the other side referring to her as mother in a respect/hierarchy manner) I'm not sure I'll like them as they are. Cassie could have been good on her own and I really enjoyed Esther & Finn as the actors from TVD & that's who I see them as. I think I might struggle to see them as Esther and Finn with these new "meat suits" (to steal a SPN phrase) Also, how did Finn return anyway? Cassie I imagine was posessed by Esther and Cassie returned because Red died, how did FInn come back with her?
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Yea I think she will return at some point next season as a teenager, why else go to the hassle of having a birth and keeping her around...unless they expect TO to survive 16 years to have a MEGA RETURN!!!!!!!
    Was excited to Mikael return but to see him all Pu**y whipped like that? No thanks. Although he might survive a biit longer now that he isn't hell bent of whiping out Klaus.
    As or Esther and Finn (I guess it's Finn, it could be some follower from the other side referring to her as mother in a respect/hierarchy manner) I'm not sure I'll like them as they are. Cassie could have been good on her own and I really enjoyed Esther & Finn as the actors from TVD & that's who I see them as. I think I might struggle to see them as Esther and Finn with these new "meat suits" (to steal a SPN phrase) Also, how did Finn return anyway? Cassie I imagine was posessed by Esther and Cassie returned because Red died, how did FInn come back with her?

If you remember Mikael's body was burnt up and he came back as himself. It must be possible to bring them back as themselves through witchcraft. It all depends whether the first actors want to come back. Finn was not as popular as the others. It is also likely that the 'real' Cassie doesn't like being left on the other side and perhaps when Davina finds out it isn't her she may have a spell to oust Esther. Celeste body hopped for centuries so anything is possible.

Plus it was really stupid for Davina to show Mikael that she controlled him through the bracelet. I think a thousand year old man might know a few tricks a girl of 16 might not know! Julie Plec did say the next season was the Original family battling for New Orleans so I suspect Mikael takes control of a faction.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    If you remember Mikael's body was burnt up and he came back as himself. It must be possible to bring them back as themselves through witchcraft. It all depends whether the first actors want to come back. Finn was not as popular as the others. It is also likely that the 'real' Cassie doesn't like being left on the other side and perhaps when Davina finds out it isn't her she may have a spell to oust Esther. Celeste body hopped for centuries so anything is possible.

Plus it was really stupid for Davina to show Mikael that she controlled him through the bracelet. I think a thousand year old man might know a few tricks a girl of 16 might not know! Julie Plec did say the next season was the Original family battling for New Orleans so I suspect Mikael takes control of a faction.

I thought that too - I know the witches are capable of giving even the Originals blinding headaches, etc. but I'm sure it won't take a great deal for Mikael to relieve Davina of the bracelet. Does he have to destroy it too, or does it just become ineffective once parted from Davina?

Regarding Season 2, after watching the finale, I was thinking it may benefit the show for there to be some passage of time between the end of Season 1 and the start of Season 2 e.g. to see the Guerrera pack totally in control, Esther and Finn(?) to be established, Mikael will be totally peed off and wired up from being Davina's prisoner, and for Hope to start growing. But then I thought that would be unlikely to happen, as so far, they've kept the same timeline as TVD.
    However, I understand from Julie Plec interviews that when Season 6 of TVD starts, they will not pick up at the same point they left off. Instead, an unspecified period of time will have passed and they will then show how people have been coming to terms with what happened. I think this will work really well for both shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/554197/20140530/originals-season-2-spoilers-julie-plec-rebekah.htm#.U4j0TSjHmP

So it seems that Alice Evans will return as Esther. I like that as I really want to know about the relationship between Mikael and Esther. She said once about the witches beating Mikael. Did he dominate her: was she a victim of domestic violence. Is that why she had an affair with the werewolf. I want to know the answer to all these questions!
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/554197/20140530/originals-season-2-spoilers-julie-plec-rebekah.htm#.U4j0TSjHmP

So it seems that Alice Evans will return as Esther. I like that as I really want to know about the relationship between Mikael and Esther. She said once about the witches beating Mikael. Did he dominate her: was she a victim of domestic violence. Is that why she had an affair with the werewolf. I want to know the answer to all these questions!
    Awesome news. Now where the hell is Kol? :p
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it at the end of Originals finale were Klaus's mother and eldest brother's ghost possessing those two people. Which just leaves his younger brother unaccounted for and stuck...who knows where.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it at the end of Originals finale were Klaus's mother and eldest brother's ghost possessing those two people. Which just leaves his younger brother unaccounted for and stuck...who knows where.

I think Julie Plec has given enough hints that Kol will be back. She knows that out of all of the family he is the one that viewers have asked to be in the show from the beginning. I think she is keeping quiet about it so when he does return it will be a surprise. She has mentioned a few times that there is a story to tell with Kol. I like his unpredictability. He was right about Silas ( although Silas wasn't actually that bad!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Just caught up, finished the season, crying like a baby now!
  • Options
    Chris2387Chris2387 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Awesome news. Now where the hell is Kol? :p

He's coming back. They announced he'll be in a flashback when they come back for season 2 but haven't spoiled if he's back full time like the rest of his family yet.

They also announced there's going to be more crossovers this season between the two shows
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

Dammit, Isaac!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last we see Kol although he always seems to be in a coffin!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, Hayley looks pissed!
    At last we see Kol although he always seems to be in a coffin!
    Yes, they have his body (well, someone does) and it's covered in tattoos. Wonder whether that's a flashback though, or whether their mother managed to (re)create it somehow? The powers of magic and all that. I hope he joins Team Klaus (opposed to the other team), though he's more likely to rebel and do whatever the hell he wants. :p

I really do want to know what's going to happen with the whole family though, the parents seem to want their siblings dead, though the show is centered around the family. Kol will likely become recurring, and it's a safe bet that Becky will be back and forgiven (by Klaus). I'm wondering whether there is any redemption for their parents, or whether they're doomed to bite dust (again).
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

looks absolutely fantastic
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Looks a bit rough. I hope they're doing some more post-production on those episodes. Not sure how much of this family feud I can take, without casualties. Though, the addition of their father interests me. And at least, they're moving on from the boring central plot of who gets to stay In the Quarter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read that Nina Dobrev is going to star in the originals playing Tatia the original doppleganger. Amara was the original human which has been a point of discussion.

Some posts I have read absolutely hate the idea but I like it. We will see how Esther put the spell on Klaus in more detail which is what I want to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read that Nina Dobrev is going to star in the originals playing Tatia the original doppleganger. Amara was the original human which has been a point of discussion.

Some posts I have read absolutely hate the idea but I like it. We will see how Esther put the spell on Klaus in more detail which is what I want to see.

For me it's a case of being sick and tired of Doppelgängers thanks to TVD doing that to death. However, I've always wanted to see Tatia, so I'm curious what will happen, though I assume it'll all be flashbacks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's a case of being sick and tired of Doppelgängers thanks to TVD doing that to death. However, I've always wanted to see Tatia, so I'm curious what will happen, though I assume it'll all be flashbacks.

Yes absolutely. I think we may have more Klaroline which I hate. It is just pandering to the fans. It really is daft because they definitely indicated something between Klaus and Camille. At least with Tatia it is an important element between the brothers and the mythology.

There are rumours this is the last TVD season which I hope is true because they have run out of ideas.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

God lets hope so TVD has had its day I don't want it tainting the Originals by having them all starting go cross over for no blooming reason. I too hate doppelgänger the mere mention of the word makes me Sick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Ive noticed TVD is airing before The Originals in the USA whilst The Originals is airing first over here......will that not affect continuity for us?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive noticed TVD is airing before The Originals in the USA whilst The Originals is airing first over here......will that not affect continuity for us?

Yup, but they're on different channels so they don't care.>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Yup, but they're on different channels so they don't care.>:(

Ha i'll wait it out then. Once TVD starts i'll watch them in the order they both aired in the US👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this episode. Looks like they are saying that Kol has inherited his mother's witch gifts which is reasonable. You could say they have been left dormant till his trip to the other side. I also predicted Kol would be pragmatic and change his allegiances as he goes along.

I like that Esther has Klaus's dads werewolves under her control. She made a remark about ' the wolves you hope to lead one day'. Perhaps her endgame has changed now. It makes sense because if she just wants to kill them the series won't last long.

I still don't like Hayley as I find I can' t connect to her personality.

Elijah shows again how much he sacrificed for Klaus. He was cold to Marcel as a child so he would turn to Klaus and improve his humanity. I really enjoy having the opportunity to explore these characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ With regard to Kol having inherited from his mother, I'm not so sure. Kol, by definition is a Vampire, though he isn't in his original body. I suspect that Kol's spirit/essence has been placed into that of a Witch (thus Caleb). Kol simply has control over that Witch's body, and with that control, comes that power. I suspect it'll be temporary until he gets his old body back - hopefully that'll happen within time.

He does remain the pragmatic one though as stated, though I am (somewhat) hoping that his current state will have him redeem himself somewhat, and allow him to retouch his own humanity so that if/when he gets his old self back again, he'll be a little more ... human.

We know Michael's goal; kill all his children. What we don't know is Esther's goal (though at one point, it seemed to be the same thing); I am curious why Esther didn't bring Michael back herself, nor why she wasn't aware of his occurrence. What does Esther have to fear from Michael? It's obviously something.

And yeah, Elijah still continues to be the sophisticated and ... I want to say emotional, but that's not the right word. With Hayley, I found her character more appealing last series. This series (granted, it's only been two episodes) I can't quite connect either.

Davina losing her bracelet though, so soon, and so stupidly. She was lucky that Elijah showed up when he did else she'd be a dead one right now, as would everyone she's cared for.

I still really eager to see how all this is going to unfold; if Esther and Michael are going to remain as regulars, then they'll have to come to some sort of compromise with their siblings, and further still, a graver threat will need to surface - I don't think a bigger threat can occur, can it? I suspect the parents will see the series though, and then the siblings (maybe with the exclusion of Finn) will continue the show.

Speaking of Finn, his character (who seemed to have vampire strength in his new body) seemed more ... hostile that he was portrayed in TVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    ^^ With regard to Kol having inherited from his mother, I'm not so sure. Kol, by definition is a Vampire, though he isn't in his original body. I suspect that Kol's spirit/essence has been placed into that of a Witch (thus Caleb). Kol simply has control over that Witch's body, and with that control, comes that power. I suspect it'll be temporary until he gets his old body back - hopefully that'll happen within time.

He does remain the pragmatic one though as stated, though I am (somewhat) hoping that his current state will have him redeem himself somewhat, and allow him to retouch his own humanity so that if/when he gets his old self back again, he'll be a little more ... human.

We know Michael's goal; kill all his children. What we don't know is Esther's goal (though at one point, it seemed to be the same thing); I am curious why Esther didn't bring Michael back herself, nor why she wasn't aware of his occurrence. What does Esther have to fear from Michael? It's obviously something.

And yeah, Elijah still continues to be the sophisticated and ... I want to say emotional, but that's not the right word. With Hayley, I found her character more appealing last series. This series (granted, it's only been two episodes) I can't quite connect either.

Davina losing her bracelet though, so soon, and so stupidly. She was lucky that Elijah showed up when he did else she'd be a dead one right now, as would everyone she's cared for.

I still really eager to see how all this is going to unfold; if Esther and Michael are going to remain as regulars, then they'll have to come to some sort of compromise with their siblings, and further still, a graver threat will need to surface - I don't think a bigger threat can occur, can it? I suspect the parents will see the series though, and then the siblings (maybe with the exclusion of Finn) will continue the show.

Speaking of Finn, his character (who seemed to have vampire strength in his new body) seemed more ... hostile that he was portrayed in TVD.

I just like the idea that Kol had as latent genetic witch gene just like Klaus and his wolf gene. Anyway I like it that he is keeping it secret as well
    as seeing his dad: knowledge is power. It may be he gained them when he was on the other side and has his own agenda.

We haver been promised the complete backstorey between Esther and Mikael which I am really looking forward too.