mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
loved this thought it was very funny...anyone else see it

Comments

• MaccaMacca Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it was good. The opening scene in the restaurant was pure anna faris magic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't focus too much on the restaurant. Did not like the Chef. Great potential for the grandmother, loved her in Drop Dead Gorgeous.
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Must admit was not expecting much from this show, but having now watched two episodes I think it's very funny and best of the new comedies that I've watched. Already dropped Brooklyn nine nine.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    It's on my to watch list. I think I'm going to wait until all of season 1 has aired in the US and then watch it online over a couple of days. Love Allison Janney and Anna Faris.
  • RPMRPM Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really liking this show. Best new comedy series, in my opinion.
  • EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this so funny,i think Bonnie is the funniest in the show.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    This one's coming to the UK next year sometime. Just can't remember on channel :( (Could look it up but CBA :D)
  • alexdn32alexdn32 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    This one's coming to the UK next year sometime. Just can't remember on channel :( (Could look it up but CBA :D)

It's looking like ITV2 have picked up the rights
    Forum Member
    Yep. That's right. I remember now :o
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Sky EPG it isn't in HD. hope that is an error ...
  • Jesus_Jones1Jesus_Jones1 Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »

when does it start?
  • mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when does it start?

20 jan
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

According to Locate TV the repeats late on thursday night(23rd) are in HD
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Set it for record

My main draw to this is Allison Janney who i absolutley adore
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »

Forum Member
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Yeah. There's no way one broadcast won't be in HD but the others will.
    Set it for record

My main draw to this is Allison Janney who i absolutley adore
    That makes two of us. Though Ms Farris isn't too shabby either :)
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    loved this thought it was very funny...anyone else see it

I've been watching every episode inline with the states and trust me it gets better and better eps 4 onwards nearly made me wet myself. I have just watched ep 13, 12 is my fav so far. You are going to love the Mum.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MOM is my favourite new comedy of the 2013-2014 season. I cant wait to see each episode. Alison Janney is fantastic in it as is Anna Faris.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do US TV audiences feel the need to whoop and holler when a guest star appears? The laugher annoys me a lot but the guest star is on a whole new level and ruins what looks like a good show.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked it. It didn't make LOL but i liked it. Anna Faris does have a habit of platying the same character though. She always plays over hysterical and slightly dim characters. Her character on Mom is no different to the character of Erica she did on Friends and as Cindy on Scary Movie. But i will be tuning in more.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do US TV audiences feel the need to whoop and holler when a guest star appears? The laugher annoys me a lot but the guest star is on a whole new level and ruins what looks like a good show.

They do that with everything in America. Someone just has to mention a location, a college or a burger joint on a chat show and they start whooping and hollering. They can be a bit over enthusiastic.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pon farr wrote: »
    Must admit was not expecting much from this show, but having now watched two episodes I think it's very funny and best of the new comedies that I've watched. Already dropped Brooklyn nine nine.

Based on your comment alone I think I'll give Mom a go now. I've been holding back and trying a few of the other new shows first but just like you I dropped Brooklyn nine nine a while back.
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the first episode on ITV Player and didn't love it - will give the second ep a go at some point and see how I feel after that...
  • bramley29bramley29 Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I thought the first episode was very lame. It relied too much on role-reversal cliches; the humour was predictable, forced and the second half was structured like an old-fashioned Brian Rix farce. Not even one of the characters interested me. It's hard to believe Chuck Lorre was involved in the production.
  • RPMRPM Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bramley29 wrote: »
    I thought the first episode was very lame. It relied too much on role-reversal cliches; the humour was predictable, forced and the second half was structured like an old-fashioned Brian Rix farce. Not even one of the characters interested me. It's hard to believe Chuck Lorre was involved in the production.

Stick with it. Once the Alison Janney character becomes more involved then it gets a lot funnier.