Options

Xbox One multiplayer & store has been down now for 16 hours.

2»

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    He doesn't need to own the console to (therefore) experience it first-hand.

I am not sure you understand what first-hand means.

I am reading comments here and the MS status page so I am experiencing this problem second-hand. I would need a console to experience the problem first-hand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I am not sure you understand what first-hand means.

I am reading comments here and the MS status page so I am experiencing this problem second-hand. I would need a console to experience the problem first-hand.
    No. You are not understanding the sentence correctly.

Posters are suggesting Dan cannot make such comments because he doesn't own the console. This is to say that they believe he must experience it first hand by owning the console before he can make the statement.

But owning the console, and therefore experiencing it first-hand, is not required to validate the statement when Microsoft have confirmed the issue.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    No. You are not understanding the sentence correctly.

Posters are suggesting Dan cannot make such comments because he doesn't own the console. This is to say that they believe he must experience it first hand by owning the console before he can make the statement.

But owning the console, and therefore experiencing it first-hand, is not required to validate the statement when Microsoft have confirmed the issue.

The thing is why though? Dan hasn't got a X1 so why bother, secondary the tone of his "Think of the children! Won't somebody think of the children," you would honestly think it impacted him directly.

None of this is the case, so why bother? We all know why though as Dan is one of these people that will jump at the chance at anything so he can blast X1 or MS.

At the end of the day even if i was to lose a days service i roughly pay 10p per day for this. Now if you paid 10p per day for a service and its down would you seriously over react in such the same way?

Cant be bothered looking at his post history but did he create such an outburst when PSN was down at NA launch?
  • Options
    Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    The title of the thread suggests Dan misunderstood what the issues are with Xbox Live.

Multiplayer is not down. Therefore we are not finding the situation utterly unacceptable. Had Dan actually owned an Xbox One he'd have understood the issue.

Instead he misread the support notice and posted a misleading thread implying multiplayer was down and we should all be really upset about it.

Except we aren't. Because we're jolly nice people. And because we have first hand experience of how the issue affects us.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »

Ah, so Dan27 works for DS, he wrote that article! :p
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live is fine now according to the status page.

Problems remain though with codes (although I was able to redeem my Forza 5 Day One Car Pack).
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look on the bright side.

If the DRM and 24hr check-ins had survived, these kind of outages could have effectively rendered many Xbox Ones temporarily useless.

A lucky escape?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Look on the bright side.

If the DRM and 24hr check-ins had survived, these kind of outages could have effectively rendered many Xbox Ones temporarily useless.

A lucky escape?
    Amen, glad our voices were heard!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    The thing is why though? Dan hasn't got a X1 so why bother, secondary the tone of his "Think of the children! Won't somebody think of the children," you would honestly think it impacted him directly.

None of this is the case, so why bother? We all know why though as Dan is one of these people that will jump at the chance at anything so he can blast X1 or MS.

At the end of the day even if i was to lose a days service i roughly pay 10p per day for this. Now if you paid 10p per day for a service and its down would you seriously over react in such the same way?

Cant be bothered looking at his post history but did he create such an outburst when PSN was down at NA launch?

Given my experience in customer services, yes, people really do react in such a way ALL the time. Heck you should see people's reaction even when the service is FREE. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Live is fine now according to the status page.

Problems remain though with codes (although I was able to redeem my Forza 5 Day One Car Pack).

Yeah, I finally managed to redeem the Free Fall map code on the One last night and that hasn't been working for days.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few people tweeting that there have been further problems with Xbox Live for Xbox One tonight.

Doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.