Sick of Hearing about Comic Relief

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Oh yeah and the catchy (not) taglines.

<snip>

They have the nerve to say they're giving up their free time for charity when in fact their just doing it for publicity. Like that isn't gonna do them a cash load of good in return.

Sick of hearing about Comic Relief yet you can memorise 18 years of tag lines.

Maybe that's why you're fed up.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugar Ape wrote: »
    See - that proves how little I know about it. :)

Blame ianradioian anyway. :p

Same meat, different gravy!!!!!
  • lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry Wogan doesn't do Comic Relief, he does Children in Need.:rolleyes:
    I'm just glad they're both on BBC so don't sideline anything I watch.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gadders wrote: »
    Sick of hearing about Comic Relief yet you can memorise 18 years of tag lines.

Maybe that's why you're fed up.
    I didn't. I looked them up on Google.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't. I looked them up on Google.

I admire your dedication in making sure your whinge is fully supported
  • Isle_Of_WeatherIsle_Of_Weather Posts: 4,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hang on, do I miss Not Going Out on Friday?:mad:

bloody hells teeth, how selfish can Lenny Harry and his wife Victoria Dibleyshire be?

and Andy Peters:mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hang on, do I miss Not Going Out on Friday?:mad:

bloody hells teeth, how selfish can Lenny Harry and his wife Victoria Dibleyshire be?

and Andy Peters:mad::mad:

When is it? This Friday or next?

*prays that it's next as I'm out of the country*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is it? This Friday or next?

*prays that it's next as I'm out of the country*

this Friday:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just had a text about Comic Relief!
  • TolstoyTolstoy Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I intend to crawl over broken glass from Lands End to John O'Groats wearing a clown costume and then sit in a bath of freezing piss for 24 hours. It'll be a real wheeze.

Does anyone want to sponsor me?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tolstoy wrote: »
    I intend to crawl over broken glass from Lands End to John O'Groats wearing a clown costume and then sit in a bath of freezing piss for 24 hours. It'll be a real wheeze.

Does anyone want to sponsor me?

A macaroon a mile do you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those people who went up the mountain - has it been shown on the telly?
  • TolstoyTolstoy Posts: 3,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A macaroon a mile do you?

That's more than generous MsM. It's people like you that restore my faith in human nature and rest assured that every macaroon donated will go to fill the bellies of wretched urchins both here and abroad...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charity begins at home. I need my money more urgently than the scamming BBC.
  • GoodMikeyGoodMikey Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry Wogan doesn't do Comic Relief, he does Children in Need.:rolleyes:

:eek:the dirty pervert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those people who went up the mountain - has it been shown on the telly?

not yet, it must be on thurs or friday

i am looking forward to watching the editor make it look like they are not going to make it and then they all make it at the end. Hopefully they will say it is the hardest thing they have ever done before and that they are looking forward to a pint/cup of tea when they get home......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not yet, it must be on thurs or friday

i am looking forward to watching the editor make it look like they are not going to make it and then they all make it at the end. Hopefully they will say it is the hardest thing they have ever done before and that they are looking forward to a pint/cup of tea when they get home......
    What are you betting they dub it over with THIS piece of music that they always reserve for such occasions.

As they reach their goal and the music comes to a crescendo, cue the pain stricken faces followed by tears of happiness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you betting they dub it over with THIS piece of music that they always reserve for such occasions.

haha

and this will be the music for the first bit when they are just getting ready to start on their......journey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-UvQYAmbg
  • QuicheofDeathQuicheofDeath Posts: 2,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin & Stacey charity single
    The Saturdays Comic Relief Single
    2 Pints Comic Relief Special
    Lets dance for Comic Relief
    Little Britain Comic Relief Special
    Comic Relief does The Apprentice
    Comic Relief does Dragons Den
    The Kili Climbers
    Pick your own nose
    Comedy Beard

Then there's the the compulsory look back on the funniest moments of years gone by where they always show Dawn French snogging Hugh Grant. 1 out of 10 for originality there.

Not to mention constant reminders on Jonathan Ross and Graham Norton show plus adverts on radio and TV every opportunity and on the cover of countless TV mags and even the Radio Times has issued 8 different cover designs of BBC celebs posing with red noses to plug Comic Relief night. I wouldn't mind but every year it's hyped up more and more and when you get round to watching it, most of it isn't worth the wait and all that hype.

Then you have the "Oh WOW we've made more money than the previous year...It's a new record!!!" Of course you have you idiots. Have you never heard of inflation?

Just be thankful that you aren't one of the people dying of starvation and thirst. Your 'problem' doesn't really compare, does it?:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just be thankful that you aren't one of the people dying of starvation and thirst. Your 'problem' doesn't really compare, does it?:rolleyes:

I am thankful but I won't be made to give out of guilt, also in the current economic crisis a lot of people cannot afford to give!!!!!
    I do not give, watch or have anything to do with Comic Relief. I give to charities I want to give to not the ones that this lot decide!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I give plenty of money to alot of worthy charities but I don't feel that I need over a month of constant harrassment by overpaid celeberities in order to make me feel compelled to do so.

Instead of Jonathan Ross giving up his time for a night of promoting celebrities and plugging BBC TV shows, why doesn't he just give up his grosly overpaid salary instead. This is why I'm so against these programmes.

I don't buy the whole giving up our time for free thing as it's all free PR and publicity to promote their career and whatever it is they happen to be plugging at the time. The idea that the rich and famous supposedly work for nothing for one night then have the nerve to ask the 'strapped for cash' British public to stump up money in an economic crises just seems rather distasteful IMO.
  • weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, just switch it off or turn over or something.

Comic relief had barely crossed my radar until I read this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give plenty of money to alot of worthy charities but I don't feel that I need over a month of constant harrassment by overpaid celeberities in order to make me feel compelled to do so.

Instead of Jonathan Ross giving up his time for a night of promoting celebrities and plugging BBC TV shows, why doesn't he just give up his grosly overpaid salary instead. This is why I'm so against these programmes.

I don't buy the whole giving up our time for free thing as it's all free PR and publicity to promote their career and whatever it is they happen to be plugging at the time. The idea that the rich and famous supposedly work for nothing for one night then have the nerve to ask the 'strapped for cash' British public to stump up money in an economic crises just seems rather distasteful IMO.

Getting 20 million people to give £1 each is easier than getting 20 to give a million.;)

I don't understand your point about being harassed. Is there something stopping you from switching over or are you looking for something to offend you?:confused::)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am thankful but I won't be made to give out of guilt, also in the current economic crisis a lot of people cannot afford to give!!!!!
    I do not give, watch or have anything to do with Comic Relief. I give to charities I want to give to not the ones that this lot decide!!!!!

Like this thread?:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeez, just switch it off or turn over or something.
    Well it's not easy when your watching a programme on BBC 1,2 or 3 and in between the ad breaks and even during programmes and news items they are banging on about how it's the biggest night in comedy. I mean, I was watching something on BBC3 last night and they ran a minute long trailler for the Kili Climbers thing. I didn't switch off cos I was waiting for a programme to start.

The stupid part about it is, the BBC seem to get so over-excited about it and make out it's the highlight of the year and are damn well determined to shove it down everyones throats until we're sick and tired of hearing about it. However, the only people getting all hyped up over it are the BBC themselves and the overpaid celebs who they get to present it. Who cares? I'd rather not have to miss my usual programmes in replacement for a load of celebs promoting themselves, gloating at how wonderful they are and having their ego's stroked in the name of charity.

You're made to feel guilty by presenters saying things like, "Everyone here tonight has given up their time to entertain you so dig deep and send us your money." As if you say, you shouldn't be sitting there watching it unless you've paid. I'll do whatever I please thankyou! I pay my license fee so I'll please myself if I give or not and don't appreciate being made to feel like crap for not doing so.

25 years ago there were people dying and starving in Africa. Today, they are still dying and starving despite having millions of pounds thrown at them. I don't mind helping people who help themselves but I regret thowing money at a lost cause. Not being funny but it just seems like throwing good money after bad and in the current financial situation, I can't afford to throw money away like that.