This Is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread ** 2011 - Part 6 **

Comments

• crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    cant stand Fern Britten
    Forum Member
    jiver51 wrote: »
    I think so, im also fairly sure I saw her gurning away in Tess,s Turrets :cry::cry:

Oh god no. Brain beach required :(
    Forum Member
    Matt is sounding very camp tonight
    Forum Member
    why is Vincent getting all the older ones at the moment .

No Notdead it was not a good impression
  • WiskasWiskas Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was underwhelming. Maybe I shouldn't have watched it sober.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wiskas wrote: »

I always find the Christmas Specials underwhelming and I haven't been sober at this time on Christmas day since I was about 14.:o:D

Actually, I quite liked having new celebs, and June Brown showed Ann just how to play for laughs.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member

Why are you sober? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been channel-hopping, and there is a programme on Eurosport called 'Modern Dancing'. Not entirely certain what it is or why it's on a sports channel, it it seems to be lots of Russians doing Rhoombas whilst a Spanish bloke sings in Italian.

Need a drink.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fancynancy wrote: »
    Why are you sober? :confused:

Dunno, must be all the food has mopped up the alcohol. :(:o
  • kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, John Barrowman is a bit full on, hopefully he wont be taking over from Notdead as he said his schedule was too full to take part in the regular programme, phew.

I am underwhelmed too, I shall channel Len, they all came aht, did their best, but there was too much faffing about, all in all a bit like the curate's egg, good in parts.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    Dunno, must be all the food has mopped up the alcohol. :(:o

Poor Wiskas. :(

I've had a lovely day. My bessie mate's got a new bloke - anxious to please, he collected me this morning (roads still awful round here), I got fed and watered then returned (dumped? :confused::eek::D) back home just after 6.00pm.

Watched SCD in a delightfully alcoholic haze at my neighbour's house, now I'm back home wondering how the hell I'm going to shake off what I know will be a nasty hangover tomorrow before I go out to lunch in the afternoon. I'm planning on a long, slow walk in the morning. I'm too old for this. :eek:

I enjoyed the show, apart from John B (and having to mute Bruce). John Barrowman's jaw is HUGE!!! :eek: Wow, but he's voracious.
    Forum Member
    I still like Barrowman :D:o
  • allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    When watching the Barrowman's VT I was imagining all those poor people having to buy new TV's in the Xmas sales because of the deluge of things thrown at the TV. Full-on is an understatement. I enjoyed the dance though and June Brown is pure class.

Could have done without having Fern Britton's pudenda slid towards me, just very grateful SCD isn't in 3D yet. :eek:
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
    Forum Member
    John and Vince were the best - one thing puzzles me - why did Alesha score Vince and June the same = 8. Vince was better and deserved a 9
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had June Brown been partaking of a little grape juice do you think? Seemed a bit of balance at the end with Vincent holding on to her for grim death whilst waiting for the judges comments.

Also, who had stood on Ronnie's foot, something must have happened to give her a face like that - not a happy bunny.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had June Brown been partaking of a little grape juice do you think? Seemed a bit of balance at the end with Vincent holding on to her for grim death whilst waiting for the judges comments.

Also, who had stood on Ronnie's foot, something must have happened to give her a face like that - not a happy bunny.

Yes, I thought that too - given a bit of a longer series there was definite Jan Raven potential there :cool:

Hope everyone had a happy Christmas and congratulations Granny-Grump-to-be :D
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote: »
    Yes, I thought that too - given a bit of a longer series there was definite Jan Raven potential there :cool:

Interestingly enough both are known impressionists, even if there wasn't a serious Jan Ravens moment she could at least do an impression of her. :D
  • geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for all the warm wishes everyone - hope you a had a great Christmas despite Mr 'In Your Face' Barrowman:D

Glad he's too busy to take over from Notdead - if he gives up that is....I think he must have some Klingon blood in him
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Couldn't get on here yesterday to unappreciate the xmas special with you. You'll be pleased to know that the tv survived the Barrowman (just... if i'd have been sober we'd have been tv shopping today:p)

Hope everyone had a fantastic christmas. Congratulations to Grannygump-to-be as well as Mr Gump and of course Miss Gump jnr. Definataly something in the thread with this baby boom:). Hope to chat to some of you on the DOI threads. Been fantastic chatting in here.

Kerry
    xxx
    Forum Member
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Couldn't get on here yesterday to unappreciate the xmas special with you. You'll be pleased to know that the tv survived the Barrowman (just... if i'd have been sober we'd have been tv shopping today:p)

Hope everyone had a fantastic christmas. Congratulations to Grannygump-to-be as well as Mr Gump and of course Miss Gump jnr. Definataly something in the thread with this baby boom:). Hope to chat to some of you on the DOI threads. Been fantastic chatting in here.

Kerry
    xxx

I was just sober enough to remember I really shouldn't be wasting a perfectly good rather new TV, but I severely groaned my way through that VT.:rolleyes:
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to the Gumps!

Appreciating the thaw that's here. Unappreciating how slippy everything now is! Had a hellish few days there with no water and very low temperatures on the farm - all the silage was frozen.

Only just watched the Christmas special - if it weren't for Vince Cable and Barrowman *shake fist* and their previous experience, it would have been just like watching week 1. Bit of a fail in that respect.

And on the topic of Barrowman - tone it down a tad man.

Glad to see that Gav's Little Face did well today.
  • dottigirldottigirl Posts: 2,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that Gav's Little Face did well today.

:)

Unappreciating that I missed most of the match as I spotted next door's house was in the process of flooding the entire road.They went away (possibly turning the heating off) and a pipe burst in the loft. Had the fire brigade and police around. House wrecked, completely waterlogged throughout.

Poor b*ggers. They have a small baby too.

Completely unappreciating that I'd met one of the firemen before: snogged him at a ball earlier in the year. Luckily I don't think he recognised me though.:o
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dottigirl wrote: »
    :)

Unappreciating that I missed most of the match as I spotted next door's house was in the process of flooding the entire road.They went away (possibly turning the heating off) and a pipe burst in the loft. Had the fire brigade and police around. House wrecked, completely waterlogged throughout.

Poor b*ggers. They have a small baby too.

Completely unappreciating that I'd met one of the firemen before: snogged him at a ball earlier in the year. Luckily I don't think he recognised me though.:o

Bless you dottigirl for stopping flood, trouble is that the damage is done when the house is empty.

Snogging firemen? Good for you.....
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finally got tv long enough to watch xmas special - christ that's 35 mins I'll never get back (I FF notdead)

propography - pah

liftography - pah

cutler back - meh *waits to be hit by lightening bolt*

Barrowman - *shakes fist* dear god - is he Bruno's love child? calm down dear

ronnia ancona was clearly channeling posh the whole time

vince cable - good footwork but he clearly thought it seemed a much better idea dreaming about being on SCD during a very dull commons debate than actually doing it

fern - shite and what is it about seeing people's pants this year?? has everyone got krotchtina disease

june brown - THAT is how to be enteraining widdy and she's 20 years older than you

on the plus Sccooottt appeared to be drunk, aliona finally had an outfit to match her hair, gav looked as endearingly clueless as ever:"kayta i hate the xmas special, kayta I HATE the christmas special" and kartem had a snogette (good thing they kept that showmance under wraps eh)
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Don't worry kittles, i'm not a fan of the Cutler either. I've had some weird crushes in my time but I really don't get the Cutler love.

Ronnie was oddly haughty. She comes accross much better on QI... maybe more in her comfort zone.
    "kayta i hate the xmas special, kayta I HATE the christmas special"

Gutted we didn't get a vt of that along with, "Do you like dressing up in a santa hat?" Gavin- death stare:D
This discussion has been closed.