Options

This Is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread ** 2011 - Part 6 **

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Dunno.
    Why DO people write 'shakes fist' when they type the name Barrowman?????

:confused:
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the post on the FP about Bruce and his return 'next year' should be ignored. It's not as if the Daily Star is a real paper, is it?

If Brucie gets a knighthood I shall forever lose my faith in the silly system. I firmly believe that someone needs to have done something admirable to get one and, try as I might, I can't think of a single act of magnificence - of any kind - that can be linked with Notdead. Other than getting 3 women to marry him when he has about as much sex appeal as a shrivelled turnip.

I can think of many things that could happen between now and next year. Most of them would be considered unkind thoughts, so I dare not commit them to the screen. Snap, crackle, pop.

I'd better go back and mind my soup. Am making Nigel Slater's Chicken Broth out of his Herbed Roast Chicken from last night.

On a foggy, wet evening in Sussex, I need comfort food ;)
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    This is quite nice and somehow not surprising at all :):)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=46904079&postcount=1436
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Dunno.
    Why DO people write 'shakes fist' when they type the name Barrowman?????

:confused:

It started on Buzzcocks with David Tennant last Christmas and its stuck:D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOeugFS3K8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    I think the post on the FP about Bruce and his return 'next year' should be ignored. It's not as if the Daily Star is a real paper, is it?

what post is this???? :confused:

And I thought The Daily Star was really Katie Price's own personal diary. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »

Oh I see, thanks.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can I non appreciate those posh tellys everyone has nowadays?
    You know the flat screen rectangular shaped ones?

I stayed with relatives over the Hols and they all have these tellys.

Nothing wrong with the actual look of the things, it's just that when you switch them on, the people on them look all squished up.
    Their heads look squashed and they all look like they weigh 25 stone.

Barrowman looked enormous.
    Now, I know that he has a big head [ :D ] but he doesn't have a big tummy - but these silly telly's made it look like he has.

Why can't these new telly's make people look less squished???
  • Options
    jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kassieq wrote: »
    Starting from scratch, my nod to cooking is making salads, which I am quite good at, although I am reliably informed by exes and some members of my family, that making salads is dead easy. I have never ever baked a cake, and don't particularly care for them, and I hate pastry.

I did once in a fit of ambition decided to roast a chicken from a recipe a friend gave me, where you seasoned the chicken and covered it in coarse salt which was supposed to make a lid so everything would be very tender. Unfortunately a friend came by and we had rather a liquid lunch and forgot about the blasted chicken, I also think I may have put a tad too much salt on because by the time we rescued it from the oven the salt had baked so hard we had to chisel it off. You've never seen such a mess as that poor kitchen, we were crunching salt underfoot for weeks. The chicken I am told was delicious but by this time we were too drunk to care.

I do occasionally browse through cookbooks in the store, but they usually have too many ingredients and I lose interest.

May I suggest Practical Cookery By Ceseranti & Kinton, this will take you from the basics upto GCSE standards , well written and very clear instructions, its no wonder its a recommended book by cooks of all standards ( myself included ) its on Amazon, not to costly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is quite nice and somehow not surprising at all :):)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=46904079&postcount=1436

Not surprised either :) Far rather meet him than the other 3!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I non appreciate those posh tellys everyone has nowadays?
    You know the flat screen rectangular shaped ones?

I stayed with relatives over the Hols and they all have these tellys.

Nothing wrong with the actual look of the things, it's just that when you switch them on, the people on them look all squished up.
    Their heads look squashed and they all look like they weigh 25 stone.

Barrowman looked enormous.
    Now, I know that he has a big head [ :D ] but he doesn't have a big tummy - but these silly telly's made it look like he has.

Why can't these new telly's make people look less squished???

Thanks! That made me giggle :D After a while you stop noticing, and they do take up a lot less room. I can never go back :o Samsung design is rather gorgeous too :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    Thanks! That made me giggle :D After a while you stop noticing, and they do take up a lot less room. I can never go back :o Samsung design is rather gorgeous too :o

One of the offending articles was a Samsung.

Why can't they sort of elongate the image of the person so they don't look all squished up?
    Or make the screen square or summat???

Blimmin annoying, it was.

People's heads looked tiny on top of their bodies. :eek:

I bet Ann Widdecombe looks the same, though.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone watch that 'Whistle and I'll come to you' thingy with John Hurt?

I did.

Thought it was crap.

Just thought I'd tell you all that.

And according to reviews, it was nothing like the book.
    F'rinstance, in the book he finds a whistle on the beach, blows it and unleashes all Hell.
    In this adaptation he found a wedding ring. Didn't blow it and unleashed bugger all.

It was supposed to be scary.
    The only thing which made me feel remotely Frit, was Sophie Thompson's acting. I was expecting her to turn into a CGI monster any minute.

But she didn't.

:yawn:
  • Options
    geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew!

Glad you're all still here - I'd be unappreciating it if you weren't.

I said in an earlier post when it looked like Notdead might go that I wouldn't mind Anton taking over...

well, I got that SO wrong and I take it back...what was I thinking:eek:

I definitely don't want Mr Tess - the whole point was to ditch her as well as Notdead not bring in bliddy re-enforcements!

Sorry to hear about water/heating problems - quelle miserie in this weather.....its now thick fog here and I can hear the cop car sirens going as they head towards the M1 a few miles away:(
  • Options
    WiskasWiskas Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been watching Strictly Ballroom - now why couldn't that have been on earlier in the week when I was really really bored?
  • Options
    kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »

Yes, that's the one, I thought maybe it was some obscure reference to Dr Who, which I don't watch, didn't realise it started there.
    jiver51 wrote: »
    May I suggest Practical Cookery By Ceseranti & Kinton, this will take you from the basics upto GCSE standards , well written and very clear instructions, its no wonder its a recommended book by cooks of all standards ( myself included ) its on Amazon, not to costly.

Thanks, that looks like it will do for starters, think Nigel Slater is a bit advanced for me.
    Wiskas wrote: »
    Just been watching Strictly Ballroom - now why couldn't that have been on earlier in the week when I was really really bored?

Brilliant, god knows how many times I've watched it, still makes me laugh, favourite scene is learning the paso down at the rail tracks with Antonio Vargas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too. One of my all time favourite movies. Never tire of watching it :) Vargas is superb.
  • Options
    WiskasWiskas Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the cool suede boots with the cuban heels :D

OK, I know I'm shallow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the cool suede boots with the cuban heels :D

OK, I know I'm shallow.

Them's flamenco boots darlin'. They all wear them. Cute huh? :D Not so wild about the skin tight trousers tho'. Typical flamenco gear for the men - the tighter the better. Much as I loved studying flamenco, the men left me cold. Arrogant in the extreme! :D
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    there seems to be a lot of posts about SCD just now :o

Dreadful girl

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=46933577&postcount=1449
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No New Year's gong for Notdead then...
  • Options
    kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    No New Year's gong for Notdead then...

yep - oh god he's never going to retire is he

why your majesty, why?????
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    kittles wrote: »
    yep - oh god he's never going to retire is he

why your majesty, why?????

I know:cry::cry: Looks like we may have to ressurrect operation sniper;)
This discussion has been closed.