Cult Shows that need closure..

Hey All,

Inspired by the news of FlashForward's Cancellation with fears of non-closure, and similarly NBCs decision to back-track on a mini-final-season for Heroes where it would close all plots, I thought I would start up a thread where we could talk about shows that we watched and got cancelled without giving us proper closure.

Earth 2
So much was left unanswered. If only a TV Movie or mini-series or Direct-to-DVD release would be filmed to close this!

The 4400
Four brilliant seasons, and the USA net pulls the plug leaving us on tenterhooks as to what happens next! They could at least commission a 5 hour long mini series in the vein of the first series!

Original V
Though admittedly the 80s follow-on series was weak, I was furious back in the day at not having a proper conclusion. The series ends with Elizabeth the Star Child being taken back to the Visitor's planet with her boyfriend (Kyle??) hiding in the ship that transported her!

Survivors Remake
Despite being quite weak, I was watching this and am annoyed at the fac we will never get to see what happened to Tom Price on that plane!

Jericho
We got a seven episode mini series which provided closure..but I would have liked more! here I am being cheeky, since we did get that mini-series to end it of sorts! :p

I have many more, but Ill wait for you guys to post some before continuing....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one I want is Odyssey 5.

Only lasted one season but it was a great show and cancelled due to Sony company politics rather than poor ratings on Showtime.

It was supposed to last five years and the final episode ended on a unresolved cliffhanger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Hey thanks for posting!

I forgot to mention the Sci Fi Channel mini series The Lost Room, which I think is one of the best to come out of the SyFy Channel stable. It was a limited run series but was open to more. IN fact ratings were so good that they considered contnuing the story by way of series, but because they took so long to come to a decision, the cast had moved on and they did not think it wise to continue with a complete re-cast! Shame cos this was quite good.
  • Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journeyman.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FlashForward has an ending to be used if it wasn't renewed - so I hope that brings some sort of closure!
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Space: Above & Beyond (LINK)

Babylon 5: Crusade (LINK)

Surface (LINK)

Firefly (LINK)
    I know the movie "Serenity" was supposed to give it some sort of "closure". But as good as it was, I still like to see more. :)
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Jericho
    We got a seven episode mini series which provided closure..but I would have liked more! here I am being cheeky, since we did get that mini-series to end it of sorts! :p

With a post apocalyptic US civil war in the offing the potential for Jericho was huge.

I wish it had gotten the audience numbers to carry on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Carnivále, sadly had the axe dropped with only 2 out of 6 planned seasons produced.
    The 4400
    Deadwood doesn't need closure as such (in retrospect the ending is perfect), but it did have another season or two of stories in it.
    And Twin Peaks, of course!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Invasion ended on a cliff-hanger. I want to know what would have happened in the next series.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With respect to series ending before the closure of the story, do you think it would be better to have a complete story and not let things drift on and on?
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely The 4400 for me.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babylon 5- so many ends to tie up
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 4400 definitely, and Grosse Pointe. Both excellent, both gone too soon.
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twin Peaks, definitely.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going slightly off-topic, but does anybody agree that Smallville needs closure; in that it needs to end?;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    Twin Peaks, definitely.

^^ THIS.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Red Dwarf? The last special didn't seem to bring any kind of
    resolution to the story.
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going slightly off-topic, but does anybody agree that Smallville needs closure; in that it needs to end?;)

No not at all,infact after watching the season 9 cliffy i cant wait for season 10.
  • Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tru Calling.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Dark Skies

Journeyman

Jericho

Space: Above & Beyond

And many more...

Regarding Jericho, it has at least had a comic-book conclusion/continuation of sorts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_Season_3_%28comic%29
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    For me it has to be Las Vegas, so many loose ends in the final episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    The 4400 did get a small amount of closure. Two officially sanctionned books (Welcome to Promise City and Broken Promises) were written to tie up the storyline. How close they were to what should have been, I do not know, but they give genuine close to the story (allegedly, as they are still both sitting on my shelf, untouched!)
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's only one that I really got into that didn't resolve satisfactorily. Defying Gravity - it's a real shame it got cancelled just when it was getting interesting :(

I'd have happily watched more from DS9 but they did tie all the main story strands up well, and I was happy with the way B5 ended.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flynn wrote: »
    There's only one that I really got into that didn't resolve satisfactorily. Defying Gravity - it's a real shame it got cancelled just when it was getting interesting :(

Yes but you and I made up half the audience apparently :o

Most upset about the way Journeyman was getting really good before cancellation :(
  • Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Land of the Giants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member

Yeah, about 5 seasons ago.....