The Bridge BBC4 (UK pace) No spoilers!

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    What about the Severn Bridge? ;)
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    I think the cops would spot a body that was top half politician, bottom half sheep straight away :D
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    The UK version sounds like a complete waste of time largely because I just don't think it would work with the channel tunnel.
    It partly depends on what you think the show is about. Watching in English for me it wasn't about the bridge itself, or very much about the different cultures of the two countries. It was more about the different protagonists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen a promo for Sky Atlantic highlights. The Tunnel gets a brief appearance.

Promo here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4tPhTj5lww

Open minded about this. Will give it a chance. May get confusing if BBC4 are showing season 2 of The Bridge and Atlantic are showing The Tunnel at the same time?:D:D

PS
    Ray Donovan is worth checking out if you can get access to it.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will tthe thread for series 2?
    I saw the 2nd series trailer, and now just really looking forward to it. I presume it will be after the Italia show, Montybaldo, or whatever it's called (clearly Im not watching it right now).
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky Atlantic have released some promo pics from The Tunnel

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/09/first-images-sky-atlantics-tunnel/
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt FX will be showing us the US version anytime soon to further try and draw from the original and untouchable best. More interested in The Bridge 2, seemingly being delayed here for other shows.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    Will tthe thread for series 2?
    I saw the 2nd series trailer, and now just really looking forward to it. I presume it will be after the Italia show, Montybaldo, or whatever it's called (clearly Im not watching it right now).

No date yet?
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    No doubt FX will be showing us the US version anytime soon to further try and draw from the original and untouchable best. More interested in The Bridge 2, seemingly being delayed here for other shows.

Hope they hold it back until BBC Four HD launches.
  • troelshartmanntroelshartmann Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Hope they hold it back until BBC Four HD launches.

Just finished watching Season 2. OMG. That's all I'm going to say.
  • digijunkiedigijunkie Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Season 3 has been confirmed for autumn 2015

Season 2 spoilers in the article!! (in Swedish)

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/kultur--nojen/-bron-far-en-tredje-sasong/
    Forum Member
    digijunkie wrote: »
    Season 3 has been confirmed for autumn 2015

What? Nearly 2 years!!! Definitely wasn't 2014?
  • xendesktopxendesktop Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article says 2015. Seems a shame as it's superb stuff. Probably one of my favourite shows at the moment.

Season 2 was as good as Season 1 -- that doesnt happen too often.
    Forum Member
    xendesktop wrote: »
    The article says 2015. Seems a shame as it's superb stuff. Probably one of my favourite shows at the moment.

Season 2 was as good as Season 1 -- that doesnt happen too often.

There's a guy on imdb claims they've already written part of series 3 and are just waiting the green light to film in 2014 for a showing at the end of the year. That would make more sense if true.
  • rossi_drrossi_dr Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having enjoyed The Killings Spiral Mesrine etc just catching up with the Bridge S1 A body of 2 halfs hmm looks very good then straight onto S2 i hope it lives up the the reviews loving Euro crime
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 will be repeated throughout Christmas Week (ie - Starting Monday 23rd December)

Thing is - The only times it's on are at around 2/3am.

Given that the last Episode is on 3rd January (Friday Morning) and Saturday nights are occasionally reserved for European Crime dramas.....?
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Four HD set to launch on Tuesday so series 2 will be definitely be available in HD.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching Season 2. OMG. That's all I'm going to say.

Was very good. Need to rewatch with English subtitles though as my Swedish isn't perfect!
  • nicktrownicktrow Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 will be repeated throughout Christmas Week (ie - Starting Monday 23rd December)

I noticed The Returned has been on More 4 at a similar time lately.
    Seeing as they were quite popular first time round I'm surprised the repeats are almost buried.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me wrote: »

Given that the last Episode is on 3rd January (Friday Morning) and Saturday nights are occasionally reserved for European Crime dramas.....?

Series 2 now showing via Digiguide for Saturday 4th January.
  • CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody here? 4th episode finished and apart from the storyline of the eco terrorists is Mother Of Three going to be the buisnessman who gave his wife a boob job pressie for her birthday? She still not confident enough to accept on the dinertop sex from paid hunk ? :D
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casmana wrote: »
    Anybody here? 4th episode finished and apart from the storyline of the eco terrorists is Mother Of Three going to be the buisnessman who gave his wife a boob job pressie for her birthday? She still not confident enough to accept on the dinertop sex from paid hunk ? :D

See new thread The Bridge 2 - BBC4
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • rossi_drrossi_dr Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BUMP The Bridge Season 1 is getting a BBC4 Rerun with four parts being shown at once 21:00 to 01:00

ENTERTAINMENT: The Bridge
    On: BBC Four HD
    Date: Saturday 15th August 2020 (starting in 9 days)
    Time: 21:00 to 01:00

Detectives from Denmark and Sweden are forced to work together when a body
    is found on a bridge between the two countries. However, further investigation
    reveals the corpse has a gruesome secret - and investigators Saga Noren and
    Martin Rohde realise the criminal they are chasing will stop at nothing to get
    his message across. Scandinavian crime drama, in Danish and Swedish,
    starring Sofia Helin and Kim Bodnia.HD,Subtitles,Widescreen, Series1 Episode 1

Director: Charlotte Sieling
    Starring:
    Sofia Helin, Kim Bodnia, Dag Malmberg, Puk Scharbau, Emil Birk Hartmann, Lars Simonsen