essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,217
Forum Member
def. roses for me,prefer soft centres

Comments

• Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roses - I prefer cadbury chocolate and Quality street is full of fudge/toffee/caramel which I dont like
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Roses. The strawberry ones are my fav but I swear there's less and less of them every year! I always get in there first and steal as many strawberry ones as I can, just leaving one or two to be polite :D
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roses, although I haven't had them for years - ever since they messed around adding Heros.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roses for overall quality, but i do love the green triangle and the caramel keg from Quality Street.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roses...But have you seen the price this year?...:eek:

£9.39. in our local co-op for a TINY tin...:(
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

both, but one has quite a few nutty centres which i am not keen on and i can never remember which..:o
    i used to like the green triangles in quality street:D
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Roses because they have the brazil nut caramel which I love, there is actually a cadbury's store in Salford Quays where you can buy Roses chocs in pick and mix did just get a bag of the above once... total rip off but so nice :)
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roses and another vote for the strawberry flavour! Yum!
  • Options
    FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quality Streets, just for the Toffee Penny's.
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Definitely Quality Street. Got some Roses for my birthday recenty and only liked the dairy milk, hazelnut whirls and orange creams. Took the rest into work. Seemed to be a lot of fudge ones in the tin :confused:
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,651
    Forum Member
    Roses for me - much more variety of flavours. Quality Street has too many based around toffee or caramel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quality Street, I love the toffee pennys and the green triangles. I lost interest in Roses since they took the coffee flavoured ones out.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,092
    Forum Member
    Quality Street. Roses seem very bland these days, even down to the completely uninspiring wrappers!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roses. Don't really like the darker chocolates in QS and they seem nuttier in general. Much prefer Roses especially the strawberry creams, but I liked the old foil wrappers they came in!
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They seem to have made most of them a variation of a toffee or caramel something. Is there a vast difference?

Don't get me wrong, I like the toffee ones, but there was a time when there'd be a sport in trying to fish them out before anyone else. Now it's more competitive to try and avoid them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whichever has orange creams - they're my faves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Ooooh this is a hard one, mmmm I am thinking Quality Street.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,040
    Forum Member
    petit-pois wrote: »
    Definitely Roses. The strawberry ones are my fav but I swear there's less and less of them every year! I always get in there first and steal as many strawberry ones as I can, just leaving one or two to be polite :D

If I could get a tin full of the strawberry ones I would :D They're lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a crazy price. Asdas and Tescos have been doing the big tins for £5 recently, worth getting now for Christmas, incase they are not on offer again.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Roses - I prefer cadbury chocolate and Quality street is full of fudge/toffee/caramel which I dont like

We should share then as I love the fudge/toffee/caramels and don't like the others. :D

They usually are expensive this time of year bar the odd special offer. Come Christmas you will be able to get them for £4/£5 a tin again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    That's a crazy price. Asdas and Tescos have been doing the big tins for £5 recently, worth getting now for Christmas, incase they are not on offer again.

They will be. They are a staple offer for supermarkets at Christmas. Nice cheap impulse buys.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,040
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »

They usually are expensive this time of year bar the odd special offer. Come Christmas you will be able to get them for £4/£5 a tin again.

They're not selling for that price already? That surprises me. Normally by this time of year the shops decide it's time to put out the Christmas stock...:sleep::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    They're not selling for that price already? That surprises me. Normally by this time of year the shops decide it's time to put out the Christmas stock...:sleep::rolleyes:

It won't be long before they are. Last year I know one of the supermarkets (might have been asda - but others may have done it too) were selling them at £6 a tin early on, then come late Nov/Dec they reduced them to £4 a tin. So worth holding out. Plus, they will just get eaten if you buy them too early. :D
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Roses because they have the brazil nut caramel which I love, there is actually a cadbury's store in Salford Quays where you can buy Roses chocs in pick and mix did just get a bag of the above once... total rip off but so nice :)

I was going to ask which one did the dark chocolate brazil nut toffee as it is my favorite. But I also quite like the chocolate toffee fingers in Quality Street. Ofcourse this makes for an easy answer to the conundrum "which one do I buy?". With none that I don't like, I take a tin of celebrations or heroes instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite handy to see the £5 offer this time of year for birthdays. As an extra gift, i often fill up a small gift bag with chocolates from a tin.