chantelle,katie & kerry why are they still successful?

2»

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndyB2007 wrote: »
    I was referring to the actors playing Karl and Susan from Neighbours- saying they'd get the work in reality TV like Kerry and Jordan now, therefore selling their dignity out too.

Look at Ryan Moloney on Celeb Big Brother- he's happily selling his dignity down the water now since he can't get any other work.

When your acting career has mostly been in Neighbours, I think any dignity you had went a long time ago ;)

I don't see why these actors should bank on us giving them work either.
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP but I would like to add some names to the list if that's ok, I can't understand why there is still interest in the three women mentioned but would like to add alex reid, peter andre, kirk Norcross, Amy Childs,joey Essex and the rest of them TOWIE idiots to that list. Can these people be considered still successful? For all of these named i believe their time has ran out and they ought to just let go of their "fame" instead of humiliating themselves further.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP but I would like to add some names to the list if that's ok, I can't understand why there is still interest in the three women mentioned but would like to add alex reid, peter andre, kirk Norcross, Amy Childs,joey Essex and the rest of them TOWIE idiots to that list. Can these people be considered still successful? For all of these named i believe their time has ran out and they ought to just let go of their "fame" instead of humiliating themselves further.

How would they fund their lifestyles then though?
    I'm sure they feel far too self-important to actually get a normal job and work like normal people!! :p
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, can't argue with that.

Apart from all of these people being talent vacuums, none of them are even vaguely likable imo. Their popularity bemuses me
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ima fan of Katie Price and I'm neither a chav,moronic or shallow.

It's hard to imagine why anyone would be a fan.

Can you enighten us?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Ima fan of Katie Price and I'm neither a chav,moronic or shallow.

Then you're not a fan of hers, because there's no logical reason to be a fan of Kate Price without being one of those things I mentioned.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a fairly simple thing. A-listers don't want to give out much personal info about themselves it's really not that good for tabs, or the fairly new phenom of chav-mags, most of these mags didn't exist 15 years ago. Now Closer, ReVeal, Now, New, Star, Love It, need people that will give them everything to fill up the pages.

So the ones that sell everything will be giving top-billing, whilst stars, even the lower list ones that don't tell all to the press will be ignored. Ironically they'll say of these people that don't sell that they're fame-hungry and worse, when they do something, because in these mags eyes people who don't sell everything betray them.

Create stories for them, and they'll fawn over you when you make your latest comeback. Also it's interesting that in general it's the women that get the front pages, so they'll spin it better for them. After all the sex dungeon thing about Alex Reid has been proved to be hyperbole, yet it still is repeated.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    i'm curious none of them have any talent or anything to offer the world of showbiz.

I would not think any of them are successful at present, KP has made alot of money and probably been advised quite well. Not sure why chantelle has money but she says she does. She has only been successful recently of telling all into trashy mags saying the same thing over and over again. KK seems to do the same double page spreads in OK about how awful her childrens fathers are and the next bloke in her life. So she goes on about how broke she is, but manages to go on holiday shop in london stay in hotels and get her hair done.
    Added to that she will go to the opening of an envelope if it gets her publicity. And her children go to private school.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    She's not (at least by public perception) a particularly likeable individual, but to be fair Price has a number of business ventures beyond her regular magazine appearances and always seemed to be much more in control of her brand and her destiny than the other two, who appear to do little more than capitalise on the car-crash aspects of their lives by recounting all to the tabloids, and are thus perhaps more deserving of pity.

The reason the three of them are "successful" is that some people will always buy rubbish.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they are the only people who are happy to continually sell their lives to the celeb mags? without them how would they fill their pages!

this post is exactly why people like Chantelle,stars of TOWIE,Alex and others stay in the spotlight after their "5 minutes of fame",so many young people buy and believe these magazines but even i can stand in Tescos looking to see what one of these non celebs have said cos i've seen other people mention it on line! :o:o ( and then i get annoyed with what i've read and vow not to look again:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then you're not a fan of hers, because there's no logical reason to be a fan of Kate Price without being one of those things I mentioned.

Can i just say that Betty Britain is a very sensible well educatated woman who just happens to be a long time fan of Katie Price,just because you do not like her it doesn't mean there has to be a logical reason why others like her:confused:
    Betty obviously sees good traits in Katie that you don't-we're all different:)
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    Can i just say that Betty Britain is a very sensible well educatated woman who just happens to be a long time fan of Katie Price,just because you do not like her it doesn't mean there has to be a logical reason why others like her:confused:
    Betty obviously sees good traits in Katie that you don't-we're all different:)

I don't doubt that Betty Britain is a perfectly nice person

I also don't doubt that there are people who don't have any particular hostility or dislike towards Katie Price

But there's no reason to be a "fan" of Katie Price. She doesn't do anything, or have a definable talent, or possess exceptional abilities to deserve having "fans"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also don't doubt that there are people who don't have any particular hostility or dislike towards Katie Price

But there's no reason to be a "fan" of Katie Price. She doesn't do anything, or have a definable talent, or possess exceptional abilities to deserve having "fans"

i myself don't mind Katie price in that you get what you see with her but i don't want to make this in to a Katie Price thread as theres a few already,Betty is a fan on that paticular thread if you really want to find out why she likes her:)

I think personally with what the OP is asking is as long as there is a demand for basically people selling every bit of their life to the media and trashy magazines then they will stay in the public eye,my personal favourite person at the moment who i feel is only "famous" for selling her stories is Chantelle Houghton,i often think when will she stop but i suppose as long as she has fans on twitter egging her on she will keep churning out these weekly stories on her daily life of her and her poor baby,:(
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank Ella
    Barry I have watched Katie Prices programmes from when just before she had Harvey,... Underneath that veneer is someone I admire..having a disabled child isn't easy and she has done a fantastic job with him..yes I know she has help ..so do other
    families... I don't like everything she has done but she is human and like everyone else makes mistakes. I like how no matter how many times she gets knocked down she comes back fighting..
    I don't appreciate being called a chav or any of the other things you claim I must be .. Says something about you that you have to put people down who don't agree with your opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm embarrased having read the thread that i knew straight away who Karl and Susan were!:o:D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was referring to the actors playing Karl and Susan from Neighbours- saying they'd get the work in reality TV like Kerry and Jordan now, therefore selling their dignity out too.

Look at Ryan Moloney on Celeb Big Brother- he's happily selling his dignity down the water now since he can't get any other work.

Has Ryan left neighbours? I haven't watched it for years so don't know if he is still doing it or not
  • AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Ryan left neighbours? I haven't watched it for years so don't know if he is still doing it or not

Betty, he's still in it and has been for 18 years- I tend to watch on and off now rather than all the time as I used to.

And for that 18 years, he's now reduced to appearing with Gillian Taylforth and Heidi and Spencer, and is mainly going to get this in the near future.

Same with the actors who play Karl and Susan- 19 years in the show, and all they'll get for work now is appearing on shows with the likes of Princess Di's 'rock', Caprice and ex-Gladiator Hunter. They'll hardly get roles in Bond, dramas like Silent Witness or Downton or ones in the USA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looked at the women's chat type mags in Tesco today and there was an entire stand dedicated to them. There must have been over 30 weekly mags with titles like Gossip! Natter and Whatever, all selling for under a pound. Despite being content free they must sell in huge quantities to support that many titles, and magazines need people to write about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same with the actors who play Karl and Susan- 19 years in the show, and all they'll get for work now is appearing on shows with the likes of Princess Di's 'rock', Caprice and ex-Gladiator Hunter. They'll hardly get roles in Bond, dramas like Silent Witness or Downton or ones in the USA.

To be honest they ought to be grateful for that!

They're hardly household names, the Neighbours bubble burst in the UK a long time ago and how on Earth this show has lasted this long is anyone's guess... again had it not been for UK money, they'd have been axed years ago.

I don't see why we should be worrying about providing work for at best mediocre Aussie actors when it's our TV that has kept them in work for so long. It's not 1991 any more when these shows were popular in the mainstream
    Forum Member
    Thank Ella
    Barry I have watched Katie Prices programmes from when just before she had Harvey,... Underneath that veneer is someone I admire..having a disabled child isn't easy and she has done a fantastic job with him..yes I know she has help ..so do other
    families... I don't like everything she has done but she is human and like everyone else makes mistakes. I like how no matter how many times she gets knocked down she comes back fighting..
    I don't appreciate being called a chav or any of the other things you claim I must be .. Says something about you that you have to put people down who don't agree with your opinion

There are plenty of parents in this world who care for disabled children. There are plenty of people in this world who face adversity but pick themselves up and succeed.

There's no reason to single out Katie Price for fandom.She's doing nothing that others aren't doing more admirably with greater odds against them

I didn't claim you were a chav. I said chavs are her fanbase. If you're not a chav, but still find yourself devoted to her, it's for illogical reasons that simply don't hold up to scrutiny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. There are plenty of parents who care for disabled children without the hardship of millions in the bank, a large house, horses and acres for the multiple dogs to run around.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've become part of a new 'pap' genre whereby their lives resemble a tacky soap opera. Why write fiction when people such as these are creating it 'in the flesh', so to speak? Most of us enjoy a good old rubberneck at other people on the edge; it's their role to provide that kind of entertainment and they do it willingly. Having said that, although I can't abide Katie Price and how she makes a living, she does seem to be a successful businesswoman. She either has excellent business nous or someone close to her does. Like Betty Britain says, underneath all the front there's something there. Shame she's virtually had to deform herself (metaphorically as well as physically) to do well. Personally, I genuinely don't envy any of them. Money and fame is definitely not everything.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone mentioned ryan & claire richards but at least both have a talent ryan is an ok actor claire a great singer.
    katie price can't sing,act or do tv presenting same with the other two don't understand why they still get work.
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chantelle - still milking Big Brother, and Alex Reid.
    Katie - Slag R Us
    Kerry Katatonia - Will sell her mother for a front page. Resorting to loan ads is nothing but sheer desperation :rolleyes: