HO-does Dodger love Maxine more than he loved Texas?

essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,181
Forum Member
Close call IMO

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't know because he is a fictional character and the love he has for each character isn't real.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love is not a concept that exists in Hollyoaks. Characters THINK they love somebody but then a few weeks later they are with somebody else or else their LOVED one dies and after an episode of grieving they move onto the next person. Characters get married and are broken up after a month or two.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the above people but for the sake of the OP asking the question I'm going to say no.

Dodger loved Texas more than anything and would not rest until she left Will (obviously she didn't really but he tried and tried). Although I think he does *like* Maxine a lot, there's no way he loves her on the same scale he loved Texas. He may think he does, but the fact that he sat back and let Patrick have her showed a lot in relation to his love for Texas.

Also, with Texas we saw their relationship build over a period of time, whereas with Maxine they slept together once, had a few scenes and a baby (which unfortunately was a plot device to get the domestic abuse SL going) and then all of a sudden they were 'madly in love' with each other! I just don't buy it.

They don't have as much chemistry as Dodger and Texas either. I think that's because Danny Mac and Bianca H Spendlove were equally ok actors, whereas Nikki Sanderson is in a whole other league entirely.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Texas was his first love and the love of his life.

I really don't see where Dodger and and Maxine have come from? They slept together once last year then all if a sudden like 8 months later are in love with each other a plotting to run off and stuff?
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    The whole thing is icky anyway. She is his own father's wife and she is pregnant with his father's baby - a baby who is Dodger's half-sister or half-brother.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    The whole thing is icky anyway. She is his own father's wife and she is pregnant with his father's baby - a baby who is Dodger's half-sister or half-brother.

Basically yea. I can't help but think that Dodger and Mitzeee would've been cute if she was still around.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think so. Didn't he make more of an effort to stop Texas marrying Will? Whereas he did nothing to stop Maxine.

I don't think its a good pairing tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't think so. Didn't he make more of an effort to stop Texas marrying Will? Whereas he did nothing to stop Maxine.

I don't think its a good pairing tbh.

lol no he just grasses her up because she is leaving
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I hope not anyway.
    I wouldn't know because he is a fictional character and the love he has for each character isn't real.

Somebody should have told me we can't analyse works of fiction before I spent years studying Shakespeare
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Dodger/Maxine love story has cheapened the domestic abuse plot a bit. Maxine is meant to be the victim but I think she's behaved appallingly in being with Patrick in the first place when she was lusting after his son. Nothing can condone what Patrick has done to her he is pure evil but cheating on him with his own son is pretty low as well. I find Dodger and Maxine together very uncomfortable she is now legally his stepmother and he will be the half-brother of her child.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I hope not anyway.

Somebody should have told me we can't analyse works of fiction before I spent years studying Shakespeare

Grow up.

Its pointless to open a thread just to ask the above question. that's why I gave the reply I did!!!!!!!
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grow up.

Its pointless to open a thread just to ask the above question. that's why I gave the reply I did!!!!!!!

Pointless? In what context? It was clearly an issue the poster wanted to discuss - hence there is a point. However, your response was indisputedly pointless!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grow up.

And did anyone tell you to grow up? I'm allowed to reply to your comment, which some may find pointless, just as you did to the OP's

The OP asked a genuine question, an important one about a character's relationships
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    No I think Texas is the love of his life, Maxine is more like a second chance at love.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until he finds his next damsel in distress in an abusive relationship with a family member. :D

That's the only plot he ever seems to have.