Dear Mr Yodel driver...

PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Note: Please note if you are not in when YODEL deliver your parcel it will be left in your ‘safe place’ instructions or a card will be left to enable you to re-arrange delivery".

Silly me, I wasn't aware that my safe place instructions were to dump my parcel on the doorstep sometime between 2.15pm when I left for work and 11.45pm when I got home!

Comments

• ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Have you considered that he may not be a member here?
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt he's reading this...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Dafuq? :confused:
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yodel would be the better place to address this.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    You could ring up and yodel your complaint down the phone.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yodel are an absolute disgrace.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My apologies, it seemed like a relatively quiet, safe neighbourhood so I decided it would be ok to leave it on your doorstep. I didn't realise you would be getting home so late so thought it would only be there for a couple of hours at the most.

At least it was still there when you got home, so no harm done. It seems my assessment of your neighbourhood was correct :cool:
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    My apologies, it seemed like a relatively quiet, safe neighbourhood so I decided it would be ok to leave it on your doorstep. I didn't realise you would be getting home so late so thought it would only be there for a couple of hours at the most.

At least it was still there when you got home, so no harm done. It seems my assessment of your neighbourhood was correct :cool:

LOL:D
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found them ok, when my sons PS4 came I was nervous but no problems, my neighbour was on the ball
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Is the Yodel driver likely to read your post and even if he was then how would he know who you are, I doubt he's psychic.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Is the Yodel driver likely to read your post and even if he was then how would he know who you are, I doubt he's psychic.

You don't need to be psychic to clearly workout his name is Phil H:p
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I echo your sentiments about yodel.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    "Note: Please note if you are not in when YODEL deliver your parcel it will be left in your ‘safe place’ instructions or a card will be left to enable you to re-arrange delivery".

Silly me, I wasn't aware that my safe place instructions were to dump my parcel on the doorstep sometime between 2.15pm when I left for work and 11.45pm when I got home!

1) Was the parcel received in good condition when you arrived home late at night?
    2) Did you state a safe place to leave it in case you weren't in?
    3) Would it have been more convenient having the driver redeliver the following day rather than leaving it for you to collect from your doorstep?
    4) Would it have been more convenient having to pick the parcel up from the Yodel depot on your time rather than leaving it for you to collect from your doorstep?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    You don't need to be psychic to clearly workout his name is Phil H:p

True and he lives at number 36 too, silly me :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yodel are shite. I once specified my parcel was delivered before noon & he rocked up 4 hours later with no apology. Got my delivery charge fee back though. :)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    You could ring up and yodel your complaint down the phone.

Or, visit their premises standing outside the wall and throw the complaint letter over the top leaving it for them to find at some future point. If you can get someone to film you doing it then it`ll mirror the treatment they give when "delivering" packages.

Yodel are Home Delivery Network as was, sort of like when Windscale was renamed Sellafield to bury the bad rep.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Aren't the drivers freelance?

Last time I had a Yodel delivery, a man not in uniform turned up in a car not liveried.
    I was expected a van with "Yodel" painted down the side, and a man in a bright yellow uniform with "Yodel" on the breast.
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I've always had problems with their next day delivery service it never comes the next day and recently it took 3 working days so I'm at the point where I will just be getting standard delivery from now on if it's going to take several days to come regardless I might as well save myself some money. It's only them I have this problem with other companies are fine has anyone else had this?
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I have the utmost respect for Yodel drivers.

They have the uncanny ability to stealthily gain access to my property, get to my letterbox and drop those "we tried to deliver" slips onto the mat without my dogs even being aware of their presence in a manner that'd do the SAS proud.

THIS is great. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Aren't the drivers freelance?

Last time I had a Yodel delivery, a man not in uniform turned up in a car not liveried.
    I was expected a van with "Yodel" painted down the side, and a man in a bright yellow uniform with "Yodel" on the breast.

Like most courier companies Yodel use their own drivers and vans in most areas they cover, but to fill in the gaps they contract deliveries out to independent delivery drivers and smaller companies, especially in rural areas. They also sub contract to those independent drivers and smaller companies during very busy periods.

I once had two different items, supposedly to be delivered by different courier companies actually delivered to me by the same driver in a Vauxhall Zafira. :)
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

Still, not as bad as ShittyLink leaving £350 worth of goods in the wheelybin on collection day. That made my missus really happy did that.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delivery vehicles should be fitted with customised Ice-Cream Van chimes (using a different set of tunes from Ice Cream sellers)

This gives you time to scramble to the front door/road.

If you are out, it gives your forewarned neighbour time to do it on your behalf.

Saves the delivery driver time, more deliveries per day, and fewer deliveries would go missing.

I'm surprised no-one has thought of this before :-)
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting in for a delivery of frozen dog food. I saw a van turn up and the guy even peered at my house number before going to a house two doors down and dumping a box in their porch. I assumed it wasn't my delivery. The neighbours, who were in, found the box addressed to me but assumed I was out and that a note would have been put through my door. They didn't know I was there or that it was frozen food so the box just stayed there all day quietly thawing.
    Meanwhile I'm waiting in like an idiot all day waiting for my delivery :confused:

Somehow he must have got the wrong house. Heaven knows how as his nose was a few inches from my house number. Then he just dumped it and ran - without knocking on either of our doors. >:(
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Yodel are an absolute disgrace.

Couldn't agree more. A drive failed to deliver my order two days in row despite CS telling me "the GPS showed he was in the correct location". Eventually I posted hourly update on Twitter to prove they never arrived.

I won't use anyone company which has Yodel couriers.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Yodel are crap, but then they could barely be anything else given the job they have to do.

There are B2B parcel companies and B2C. The B2B (UPS, DPD, FEDEX etc) absolutely hate private address deliveries. When I used UPS in my business, they surcharged any private address delivery by about £3 (98% of my stuff is B2B). I actually had FEDEX in today to quote and they said most private deliveries take an average of 2 attempts. People are out. There's no parking. A vicious dog. Etc etc.

Yodel are wise to stick to B2C. They are what came out of Securicor/Omega who used to try and mix it (and were dirt cheap) and were terrible.

For what they charge, Yodel do as much as can be expected.