Options

Gracepoint (formerly known as Broadchurch)

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
Anybody else watching this or is it just me?

So far (first ad break) exactly same as Broadchurch. The mother looks just like Jodie Whittaker as well

Comments

• Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be tuning in.

I find the English version tedious and if this Ameican version is pretty much the same then it ain't for me.
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first episode out of interest. It was pretty much a shot-for-shot remake. The acting, across the board, was worse than the Brit version, even David Tennant wasn't as good as he was originally, but that may be because he was doing the accent.

It had a very British look to it too, particularly the interiors of the homes.

One thing that did bug me though was the cliffs, they just looked off to me. I googled it and found out they were a combination of almalgam shots and CGI.

Not that I was planning on watching the whole series, but if that was my intention, I probably would't bother on the strength of the first episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The killer is going to be different though
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm catching up at the moment.

I loved the original British program so I'm struggling a little with this. I'm gonna give it a shot though.

Some of the dialogue is identical, word for word! :o

I miss Hardy and Miller from the original British version though. Where's Olivia Colman when you need her?
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was fascinated by it just because it is exactly the same as BC, nothing has changed, the script hasn't been altered.
    Liked the new Ellie. Would have preferred a new Hardy too, David Tennants accent is DREADFUL!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    SXTony wrote: »
    I watched the first episode out of interest. It was pretty much a shot-for-shot remake. The acting, across the board, was worse than the Brit version, even David Tennant wasn't as good as he was originally, but that may be because he was doing the accent.

It had a very British look to it too, particularly the interiors of the homes.

One thing that did bug me though was the cliffs, they just looked off to me. I googled it and found out they were a combination of almalgam shots and CGI.

Not that I was planning on watching the whole series, but if that was my intention, I probably would't bother on the strength of the first episode.
    I didn't watch Broadchurch but say Tennant interviewed about this and they showed a clip and he sounded like he was using his own Scottish accent.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watched the 2nd episode last night. It's not as bad as some people are making it out to be. And David Tenants accent is not that bad. Not sure about the actress playing Miller. She looks a bit too glamorous. The whole thing looks a bit too glamorous. Not sure about the actors playing Dannys parents either. They are not very convincing. Liking Nick Nolte and Jacki Weaver.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm catching up with the second episode.

I don't think that it's as bad as people have been making it out to be.

I think that people are protective of the original version, which I understand because I love(d) it too.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only saw the last 30 mins of the finale episode.

It was awful.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only saw the last 30 mins of the finale episode.

It was awful.

There's no way you can judge something based on only watching the last 30 minutes. I watched some of the final episode of The Leftovers when I was in the US last year as I stumbled across it while channel hopping and I thought it was weird. I was very reluctant to watch it when it started over here but I'm glad I did.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way you can judge something based on only watching the last 30 minutes. I watched some of the final episode of The Leftovers when I was in the US last year as I stumbled across it while channel hopping and I thought it was weird. I was very reluctant to watch it when it started over here but I'm glad I did.

I absolutely can seeing as this is pretty much a shot for shot remake of Broadchurch...just not very good.