Options

Only Connect (BBC4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    apaul wrote: »
    Well the smug but good Alesmen made very short work of their wall. This weeks' teams are probably the best in the series so far. A shame that they were drawn against each other in the quarter finals.

I watched Monday's QF on iPlayer and cannot see why you call this team smug.

Just looked like they were quite good at working out the connections to me.

Or am I just being smug?
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Was her dress fitted with it's own wonderbra system last night :eek:

I want to be that necklace :o
    Do you think she would need a wonderbra? Seriously?
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'd have to compare the two looks ;)

Semi Finals tonight
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without taking anything away from the delightful Vicky, I've got to say that Katie Bramall-Stainer is a mighty fine woman.

Some really tough questions tonight.
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek: 0/6 didn't know Tosca. Hope they take VC's advice... :D
  • Options
    juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I am normally stoic , but tonight Victoria was just devilishly the perfect pocket venus.

She has the Rubenesque curvatious form in all the correct proportions and im ashamed to have had lustful thoughts for her lavacious laciferous self. :o

Your a stunner Victoria.:cool:
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Without taking anything away from the delightful Vicky, I've got to say that Katie Bramall-Stainer is a mighty fine woman.

I know, what a pair of beauties.

I mean of course, Katie and Victoria. I don't know which one to choose, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, well, more between two soft, downy, pillowy places.

I couldn't concentrate on the questions either, thus proving something oft said about men.
  • Options
    DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they made a slight error on tonight's programme. Victoria stated that Kalingrad was an exclave of Lithuania. Not true, it belongs to Russia. That would not have affected the outcome as the question was just about exclaves, and not which country they belonged to.
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, I know it's terribly bad form to boast of your own achievements :o but I have just completed online wall number 72 in one minute forty-five seconds. And it would have been at least ten seconds less if I'd had the courage of my convictions on what the link was for one group, and pressed 'submit' immediately.
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean, but I would prefer if she was just a smidgin less full of herself.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nelliek wrote: »
    OK, I know it's terribly bad form to boast of your own achievements :o but I have just completed online wall number 72 in one minute forty-five seconds. And it would have been at least ten seconds less if I'd had the courage of my convictions on what the link was for one group, and pressed 'submit' immediately.

My best so far is wall 70 in 1 min 25 secs. On some of the others I haven't got a single connection.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am normally stoic , but tonight Victoria was just devilishly the perfect pocket venus.

She has the Rubenesque curvatious form in all the correct proportions and im ashamed to have had lustful thoughts for her lavacious laciferous self. :o

Your a stunner Victoria.:cool:

Or in other words she has cracking tits.
    Can't argue with that, I spend more time looking at her cleavage than I do listening to the questions :p
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nelliek wrote: »

I deliberately mess up the online wall just so that Victoria will give me a telling off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    atg wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but I would prefer if she was just a smidgin less full of herself.

I'd prefer it if she was full of me.
  • Options
    untruthuntruth Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Who would have thought that so many Daily Sport readers watched Only Connect ?
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Supratad wrote: »
    I know, what a pair of beauties.

I mean of course, Katie and Victoria. I don't know which one to choose, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, well, more between two soft, downy, pillowy places.

I couldn't concentrate on the questions either, thus proving something oft said about men.

Only just caught up with Monday's episode, but I endorse these comments wholheartedly.

I'll often think 'What a lovely pair' to myself during OC, but rarely about two human beings....
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't do well last week, I may have got three connections overall. I don't mind so much if the revelations satisfied but they didn't. Ninja Turtles, ********. What an idiotic question.

In my experience people only respond to questions that they feel they should have known the answer to. Once they become totally obscure they give up.
  • Options
    davidboddavidbod Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    snoweyowl wrote: »
    I didn't do well last week, I may have got three connections overall. I don't mind so much if the revelations satisfied but they didn't. Ninja Turtles, ********. What an idiotic question.

Sorry you didn't like the questions, we try our best. But I would say that most people found the Turtles question the most entertaining one on that episode.
  • Options
    HelenThereseHelenTherese Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    snoweyowl wrote: »

In my experience people only respond to questions that they feel they should have known the answer to. Once they become totally obscure they give up.

That's one of the few I actually got! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    untruth wrote: »
    Who would have thought that so many Daily Sport readers watched Only Connect ?

Its possible to do both you know. Feet in the gutter, reaching for the stars etc. To quote Howard Moon, I span the genres, they call me the genre spanner.
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidbod wrote: »
    Sorry you didn't like the questions, we try our best. But I would say that most people found the Turtles question the most entertaining one on that episode.

Yes. I can see where the poster is coming from re the question. However, I think it worked OK. I was never a fan of the Turtles at all, but, like most people, I suspect, I was aware of the names from when they were all the rage. I failed hopelessly at the question & kicked myself once the answer was revealed as it turned out to be so obvious. For that reason, the question worked for me (which is reallt the same reason as snoweyowl gives above for questions that people respond to).
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Its possible to do both you know. Feet in the gutter, reaching for the stars etc. To quote Howard Moon, I span the genres, they call me the genre spanner.
    They call you the spanner ;)
  • Options
    tania4stevetania4steve Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At my bookgroup's annual quiz someone turned the names & authors of all the books we had read in the last 10 years into a "Missing Vowels" round which was brilliant fun.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidbod wrote: »

Without wishing to sound like I'm sucking up too much, I liked the Ninja Turtles question (and not just because I got it). It's one of those questions that sets OC apart, as you have to draw on a whole range of knowledge, rather than just a very narrow set.

Similarly, there was a question relating to the Blackadder periods that I thought was really good.
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I disagree. The children's TV questions tend to be very easy for those who were the right age at the time and not something that others should really need to know as part of their general knowledge. I prefer the questions on geography, history, politics etc. Still, the TV questions are bearable if kept to the present limited number.
This discussion has been closed.