Getting people's sex wrong

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
Forum Member
Yesterday I went to visit some houses in Sheffield. I thought that I was going to meet a guy and 2 girls. However I met 3 guys. The first one I didn't get his name and he sounded like a girl on the phone, the second was called ashley and again he had a girly voice. I was shocked when they turned out to be men.

Have you met someone that you thought was one sex and then turned out to be the other?

Comments

• Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought a user on here was a girl, when i found out they were male i quickly edited my post and that person was way out of my league.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once had to do a quote for a house removal and I still don't know to this day whether the person was male or female. They only gave their surname, so I rang up their office and asked the person who answered the phone what their christian name was so that I could address a letter to them. The answer was Leslie! So I was none the wiser. We didn't do the removal in the end for which I was glad because the house was minging.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never get people's sex wrong and I will prove it.

Michael and jason are female and burton is male. Am I right?
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I never get people's sex wrong and I will prove it.

Michael and jason are female and burton is male. Am I right?

No...............
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get people's names wrong constantly (sometimes it's deliberate, sometimes not) but not their gender.

When I was a teenager people often thought I was a boy because I dressed like one and had no discernible figure being painfully skinny. I used to find it mortifying but still didn't wear girly clothes, or make up or anything as if I did I just felt like a man in drag (and I'm not lesbonic, either, before you ask)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    No...............

Damn, my 100% record gone for a burton. :cry:
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a Kim and a Lindsey (both male) at one of my firm's offices and I made the faux pas when talking about some work they were doing of giving them female gender on a conference call to others, as I had only ever had contact via email.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gender is an illusion anyway

*gets bits out*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »

*gets bits out*

If it was a true illusion you wouldn't have any bits to get out. :):eek:
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »

*gets bits out*

Put that away

The cat'll have it :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    be the first bit of pussy its seen in a while :cry:
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was on the verge of puberty, I was once walking through town and stopped by a woman wanting directions to somewhere, and I was most offended when she attracted my attention by referring to me as 'Miss'. However when, just a few years ago, I came across an old family photo from that time, I could see straightaway why she had made this mistake - I didn't even recognise myself for a few seconds!

Within a short time I had matured to the extent that no one would have made such an error, despite the long girly hair that many young males had at that time, but it is something I have never forgotten.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent my entire yoof having ppl ask if im a boy or a girl, i liek it.....:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Dimbleby is the master of this! :D

"Woman at the back wearing the blue jumper" - cut to very masculine man with a beard wearing a red shirt.
  • 5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    Damn, my 100% record gone for a burton. :cry:

lol, very good. :D
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've done it once. Luckily she had pianists fingers, so I was happy enough.
  • Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently I have a really deep voice - doesn't sound deep to me, but hey ho. Several times I've phoned someone's house and asked whomever answered the phone "is so and so there?" and I've heard them calling the person telling them "there's some man on the phone for you"

On one such occasion the person refused to come to the phone LOL

Because I'm tall (over 6ft) I'm constantly being mistaken for a man old people and small kids are the worst ones for calling me "sonny", or "mister", I wouldn't mind but I've got waist length hair, wear earrings and have 40DD bewbs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work with a very camp sounding lad called kurt, we often get people ringing up asking to speak to katie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Not actually met somebody like that but this one should really be on the one about retail workers..
    There I was, just getting on with the job and some bloke came up to me after being pointed out by somebody woith long hair. the said bloke told me that he had been sent over by the one with the long hair. But I told him that he (the 'bloke' who sent him over) was really a SHE...
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah ive done it,,,found out when i slipped my hand down there and there was a meat and two veg...:o
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I went to visit some houses in Sheffield. I thought that I was going to meet a guy and 2 girls. However I met 3 guys. The first one I didn't get his name and he sounded like a girl on the phone, the second was called ashley and again he had a girly voice. I was shocked when they turned out to be men.

Have you met someone that you thought was one sex and then turned out to be the other?

Have you ever met someone you thought was two sexes and turned out to be neither?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because I'm tall (over 6ft) I'm constantly being mistaken for a man old people and small kids are the worst ones for calling me "sonny", or "mister", I wouldn't mind but I've got waist length hair, wear earrings and have 40DD bewbs

I think I am slightly frightened of you...
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently I have a really deep voice - doesn't sound deep to me, but hey ho. Several times I've phoned someone's house and asked whomever answered the phone "is so and so there?" and I've heard them calling the person telling them "there's some man on the phone for you"

On one such occasion the person refused to come to the phone LOL

is that you dad...:D:D
  • scorpio manscorpio man Posts: 4,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spoke to a person on the phone with what sounded a very much an effeminate voice, just before the call ended I said 'see you when you pop round love' when said person came round to my house to collect what was ordered I was so taken aback to see a male at the door, obviously I apologised, he said not to worry, it happens all the time when he talks on the phone to strangers.