and the next Games With Gold is.....

Comments

• WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed Dead Island - hoping they put the DLC on offer.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Enjoyed Dead Island - hoping they put the DLC on offer.

They won't, they never do. I honestly think that the only games that will be made available will be the ones that have DLC. I think it's a sneaky way for them to make money, they think we will be tempted to buy the DLC now that we have the game for free.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Feb incoming...

Xbox Live Gold:

Dead Island
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War

PSN Plus:

Outlast
    Metro: Last Light
    Payday 2
    Remember Me
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip

What's the appeal of paying for Xbox Live again?
  • cmooncmoon Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Personally I would like to see Microsoft give us decent racer, as I am not a fan of Shooters or RPG.... but I doubt it'll happen
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    cmoon wrote: »
    Personally I would like to see Microsoft give us decent racer, as I am not a fan of Shooters or RPG.... but I doubt it'll happen

Yes I'd love to see a racing game as one of the free games one month. A game like Dirt Showdown or maybe one of the Forza games which are really good online.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    Feb incoming...

Xbox Live Gold:

Dead Island
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War

PSN Plus:

Outlast
    Metro: Last Light
    Payday 2
    Remember Me
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip

What's the appeal of paying for Xbox Live again?

you missed Bioshock Infinte off that PSN Plus list as well
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm tempted to get rid of my xbox live and just get myself a ps3 so I can just get the free games to play
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm tempted to get rid of my xbox live and just get myself a ps3 so I can just get the free games to play
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Civilization Revolution free this month apparently. Haven't played this so looking forward to giving it a go.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Great game, something a bit different. Would of preferred Tropico though since I bought Civ in the sales last year.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Civilization Revolution free this month apparently. Haven't played this so looking forward to giving it a go.

...... Followed by Dungeon Defenders mid-month.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know how you feel.

I feel like i backed the wrong horse when i got my 360 back in 2007. I really wish i went with the PS3, i feel like i have missed out.

Now that i properly think about it, i should have just gone with the PS3, everything about it appeals to me, and i hated the original Xbox and loved the PS2 so i don't really know why i got the 360 in the first place. I think it was because i just didn't care so much back then, i just went with what my brother had.

The only reason why i am sticking with the 360 is because of all the games i got in the Marketplace and my gamerscore. I don't want to sell the thing knowing i have wasted my time and money on it.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    PS+ are getting Tomb Raider and Brothers in March. Two of the most acclaimed titles of last year.

XBL seriously needs to deliver on value.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    PS+ are getting Tomb Raider and Brothers in March. Two of the most acclaimed titles of last year.

XBL seriously needs to deliver on value.

But someone will tell you that PS+ (with it's awesome games) is just a rental service. XBL Gold members get to keep their 'shit' games, regardless :D
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But someone will tell you that PS+ (with it's awesome games) is just a rental service. XBL Gold members get to keep their 'shit' games, regardless :D

Who? you?
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member

But this isn't an issue if you are able to complete the games before you end your subscription?

Would any of us complain if MS followed the same model and provided an identical range of games?

I'd be *delighted*.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    The fact your basically renting PS+ games doesn't really bother me, In part because its such good value I don't intend to let my PS+ subscription expire.
    The free games for XBLG subs is cool & its cool that they let you keep them regardless of your subscription status, But I still don't think it offers the same value PS+ does.

Got to play some games thanks to PS+ which I would have otherwise ignored. Recent example been Outlast on the PS4, Its not the sort of game Im usually interested in but I downloaded it off PS+ (I download/try out all PS+ titles to give them a go) & ended up really enjoying it, Played it through to the end & may well play though it again.
    Another example was Catherine on PS3, I ended up enjoying that game yet had no interest in it at all before it turned up on PS+.

Also I brought a Vita in part based off the fact I had 26 Vita games sitting on my account ready to play thanks to PS+ (Including Uncharted & Wipeout which were 2 Vita games I really wanted to play).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that MS need to up their game were 'freebies' are concerned if they want to compete with Sony. The £ I paid for PS+ is the best £39.99 I have ever spent (when it comes to consoles) and over the last 3 months I have downloaded some excellent games for PS3/PS4 and PS Vita. Compare that to the last 5 or 6 months or more of Games with Gold, and I have downloaded nothing that has been offered, simply because I already own them or have owned them. Yeah some will say that GwG is 'OK' but certainly not for long term XBLG subscribers it isn't. I'd rather rent 'newer/better' games with PS+ than be offered 'old' games from MS.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ive done just that, PS plus is amazing..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go for it. You won't be disappointed.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I know how you feel.

I feel like i backed the wrong horse when i got my 360 back in 2007. I really wish i went with the PS3, i feel like i have missed out.

Now that i properly think about it, i should have just gone with the PS3, everything about it appeals to me, and i hated the original Xbox and loved the PS2 so i don't really know why i got the 360 in the first place. I think it was because i just didn't care so much back then, i just went with what my brother had.

The only reason why i am sticking with the 360 is because of all the games i got in the Marketplace and my gamerscore. I don't want to sell the thing knowing i have wasted my time and money on it.

Same as me! :blush:

I wish I'd originally chosen the PS3 because I've gone & chucked 6 years worth of achievements away! :(

(I'm never going back 2 Microsoft because i can't stand kinect & XBL is daylight robbery! :p ... Jumping ship to PS4 was the best thing I've ever done!) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of any good deals for xbox live gold. Want probably at least a 6-12 month suscription. Any help much appreciated.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any good deals for xbox live gold. Want probably at least a 6-12 month suscription. Any help much appreciated.

Can usually get decent prices on cdkeys.com.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering this thread is in the Xbox forum and is about Games for Gold available on Xbox... why has it suddenly turned into a circle jerk about how great PS+ is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering this thread is in the Xbox forum and is about Games for Gold available on Xbox... why has it suddenly turned into a circle jerk about how great PS+ is?

It's called having an opinion. Games for Gold is a joke. Costs the same as PS+ but we get shit in return. Nothing but old games. XBL subscribers can defend GFG all they want but the fact remains it's crap compared to Ps+. XB1 owners still have nothing in the way of free games. How long do MS need to get it up and running ?. Sony had the PS4 covered from the start. It may not have much but at least it's something and getting better all the time. MS offer f*k all except excuses.