Options

Selling the PS4

Comments

• Options
    RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you like very expensive door stops, then i would sell it. One of the worst first six months for games in history for a big console releases
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something completely, for that analogy to work, all systems would have to have the same cost: they don't. All games would have to have the same cost no matter what system they're on: they don't. Exclusives wouldn't exist: they do...

No for that analogy to work you need to own both a PS4 and an X1 and then be faced with a game that costs the same on both systems, i.e every multiplatorm game that has been release
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I think it's more payback from Sony only gamers, for most of the last gen that's what Xbox fans always shouted at PlayStation gamers "HAH, THE GAME LOOKS BETTER ON XBOX, HIGHER RESOLUTION FTW, POOR PS3" and now the role is reversed, and yet to some it's suddenly "Oh well, resolution never mattered anyway, I mean, you know, it USED to, but not anymore".

I mean I find it hilarious, back then it was like PS owners "Well I prefer gaming on PlayStation, that's all" to be met with "Face it, you just can't face facts you have a crappy platform, XBOX FTW!!". And now, again, reversed, "I just prefer gaming on Xbox", met with "Yeah right, can't face facts you paid more for less!".

:p:D

I'll be honest. I didn't see a bit of difference between ps3 and 360. I still don't set any difference between ps4 and xbone. Which is why I don't care about all this resolution crap. :D
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    No for that analogy to work you need to own both a PS4 and an X1 and then be faced with a game that costs the same on both systems, i.e every multiplatorm game that has been release

Eh? So what on earth was your analogy all about, then? What exactly was it trying to illustrate?

p.s. mine wasn't an analogy, it was a break down of yours...
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem I always download from the US xbox one and psn stores and have never had a problem.

Got myself a $50 card & I'm now giving trials fusion the download treatment! :D

(Wish id known about this before I bought 3 UK PSN downloads for £150 afew days ago!) :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I think it's more payback from Sony only gamers, for most of the last gen that's what Xbox fans always shouted at PlayStation gamers "HAH, THE GAME LOOKS BETTER ON XBOX, HIGHER RESOLUTION FTW, POOR PS3" and now the role is reversed, and yet to some it's suddenly "Oh well, resolution never mattered anyway, I mean, you know, it USED to, but not anymore".

I mean I find it hilarious, back then it was like PS owners "Well I prefer gaming on PlayStation, that's all" to be met with "Face it, you just can't face facts you have a crappy platform, XBOX FTW!!". And now, again, reversed, "I just prefer gaming on Xbox", met with "Yeah right, can't face facts you paid more for less!".

Actually it wasn't really like that because PS3 has such good looking games as the Uncharted and Killzone series, an of course GOW3.

Who cared if COD was a little worse because Uncharted 2 was just so stunning. Whenever someone mentioned graphics all we had to do we point at one of the really good looking exclusives.

I would mention that one particular PS3 exclusive multiplayer looks better than a new generation mulltiplatform multiplayer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Got myself a $50 card & I'm now giving trials fusion the download treatment! :D

(Wish id known about this before I bought 3 UK PSN downloads for £150 afew days ago!) :blush:

Haha I download all my games from US stores. I've never paid over £40 for a game on PS4 or Xbone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? So what on earth was your analogy all about, then? What exactly was it trying to illustrate?

p.s. mine wasn't an analogy, it was a break down of yours...

My analogy was, if two cakes are the same price why not go for the one that has more toppings, i.e the superior cake, the cakes represent the games in my analogy so the console don't need to be the same

To spell that out for you, if you own an X1 and PS4, you walk into a shop that has Metal Gear Solid 5 for £30 on both, why not get the PS4 one which is superior, why would you pay for a lesser product if you had the choice

Again though i want to make it clear i am getting an Xbox 1 as soon as i have the money i'm not bashing the console or the games on it, i'm just merely stating my confusion that some would get the worst version of a multiplat what they have the option of the best (on console) for the same price, i for one will get most games on PS4
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to notice any difference, you would have to have a really top end telly..
    Does the TV really have to be that top end or that large when people can see the difference in resolution between mobile phones with 5" screens such as the Samsung S3 (1280x720) and S4 (1920x1080)?

I'm sure in any PC monitor comparison guides where screens are often much smaller than 30" a difference is easily noticeable between 1920x1080 and 1366x768 native monitors, even at 22".
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    XBONE is for life, not just for Christmas..

My one didn't last 3 weeks after launch! Just not for me
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Haha I download all my games from US stores. I've never paid over £40 for a game on PS4 or Xbone.

I do that on the Vita. Got a US PSN account, 32GB memory card and get everything there for around a fiver cheaper :)
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quick question, I assume you need to set up an American account on your PS4/X1, but can you then play those games on your own profile? I like trophies because I'm sad like that lol, buying cheap appeals to me but not if I have to play the games on a separate account.

I want the trophies on my own English profile, can you do that?
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question, I assume you need to set up an American account on your PS4/X1, but can you then play those games on your own profile? I like trophies because I'm sad like that lol, buying cheap appeals to me but not if I have to play the games on a separate account.

I also buy from the American Store and the answer to your question is yes as long as the two profiles are on the same PS4.

Edit: Also make sure to give you American account an address in a state where no sales tax is applicable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can play your UK account with US bought games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also buy from the American Store and the answer to your question is yes as long as the two profiles are on the same PS4.

Edit: Also make sure to give you American account an address in a state where no sales tax is applicable.

Example? :)

I want Trials but I don't want ripping off.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To spell that out for you, if you own an X1 and PS4, you walk into a shop that has Metal Gear Solid 5 for £30 on both, why not get the PS4 one which is superior, why would you pay for a lesser product if you had the choice

No need to spell it out, my explanation and breakdown of your original analogy was right but for some reason that flew over your head... :D
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My analogy was, if two cakes are the same price why not go for the one that has more toppings, i.e the superior cake, the cakes represent the games in my analogy so the console don't need to be the same

Again though i want to make it clear i am getting an Xbox 1 as soon as i have the money i'm not bashing the console or the games on it, i'm just merely stating my confusion that some would get the worst version of a multiplat what they have the option of the best (on console) for the same price, i for one will get most games on PS4

the only thing that would put me off multi-plats on the Xbox One is the install procedure as opposed to the very quick start-up on the PS4..

plus the fact Metal Gear is more at home on Playstation....i doubt i could notice any difference in resolution..
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Example? :)

I want Trials but I don't want ripping off.

Link

I use alaska! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Consoles would benefit from being able to tweak performance yourself, i.e turn down resolution for better frame rate, turn off graphical effect and so on...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Link

I use alaska! :)

thanks mate, going to set that up now
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    honestly op wasn't it you who pre ordered and cancelled and pre ordered and cancelled .......... the ps4? so why buy? as someone said you knew what you was going into.

but watchdogs is coming out next month along with wolfenstein and a few indie games. the last of us in june maybe and murdered soul. then destiny in sept, elvove and batman in winter. imo if you sell your ps4 now you might as well wait 2 years if you want to buy again
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    Does the TV really have to be that top end or that large when people can see the difference in resolution between mobile phones with 5" screens such as the Samsung S3 (1280x720) and S4 (1920x1080)?

I'm sure in any PC monitor comparison guides where screens are often much smaller than 30" a difference is easily noticeable between 1920x1080 and 1366x768 native monitors, even at 22".

To be fair for people to say you can't notice the difference unless its a large or top end TV is total nonsense!

I scale the resolution in games on my laptop and the change is very noticeable! Maybe not so much between 1600*900 when compared to 1080p (but there is still a difference there!) but when your talking titanfall res or 720p then the difference is very very apparent.

Even on my 32" 1080p Samsung LED TV the difference in resolutions is extremely apparent so as I said to say you need xyz tv is a bit of a silly statement.

Although to be fair I'm sure the upscaling techniques used negate this to some degree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need to spell it out, my explanation and breakdown of your original analogy was right but for some reason that flew over your head... :D

Your really going to have to explain how i was wrong here, i was merely comparing the same game on two consoles one undeniably is better (just like the cake in the analogy)
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pretty much this. If funny seeing Xbox gamers who made such a big issue over minor differences between PS3 and 360 now going into defence mode saying this type of thing doesn't matter any more.

Equally though its sad seeing the Playstation gamers who said the differences didn't matter now attacking Xbox for those same problems.

Karma Bitches.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Pretty much this. If funny seeing Xbox gamers who made such a big issue over minor differences between PS3 and 360 now going into defence mode saying this type of thing doesn't matter any more.

Equally though its sad seeing the Playstation gamers who said the differences didn't matter now attacking Xbox for those same problems.

Karma Bitches.......

Yep works both ways, there are no innocent parties here lets be honest.